1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Chandrasekhar, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

I'll be on vacation from today until thursday. I'll send orders when I get back.

2. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

TO: Sonty Corporation

The Solar Federation expresses interest in Sonty Corporation's proposal. We would be willing to observe a trial at Ganymede, on March 10, 2142.

3. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

INTERNAL MEMORANDUM
    DATE:
    TO: All Personnel SFAF
    SUBJECT: Official Nomenclature and Revised Registry

Effective immediately all former USAF and RSF operational military spacecraft previously prefixed "United States Spacecraft" ("USS") and "Russian Federation Starship" ("RFS") have been reassigned as "Solar Federation Spacecraft" ("SFS") in all official documentation. Furthermore, all formerly utilized hull classification symbols and class designations are considered discontinued for the purposes of official usage.

Nomenclature for hull classification symbols and class designations, as well as the naming conventions for all spacecraft will henceforth be issued according to the following specifications (approximate):

Code:
    [b][u]Class Designation  		HCS   Length  	Mass   	 Naming Convention	 [/u][/b]
    Drone 				RO 	  5m	10t	 NONE
    Variable Fighter 		VF 	 30m 	300t 	 NONE
    Variable Gunship 		VG 	 50m 	1.2kt 	 NONE
    Space Patrol Vehicle		SPV	 70m 	3.0kt 	 National Subdivision
    Space Control Vehicle 		SNV	105m 	10.0kt 	 Cultural/Military Figure
    Space Command Vehicle 		SMV 	180m 	33.0kt 	 Historical Battle
    Space Superiority Vehicle 	SEV	310m 	300.0kt  Political Figure
    Space Supremacy Vehicle 	SRV 	700m 	3.0mt 	 National Name
    Space Deterrence Vehicle 	SDV 	200m 	50.0kt	 Major City
    Space Dominance Vehicle 	SOV	 1km 	8.8mt	 Capital City
    The full official title for spacecraft of SPV and above will properly be given by a hull designation number hyphenated with the sequential commissioning number of the spacecraft, followed by the spacecraft prefix and then the name. All new spacecraft will be titled in accordance with aforementioned naming conventions, not-retroactive upon currently fielded spacecraft.

Utilizing this new procedure, the Registry of the Aerospace Force is as follows:

Code:
    [b][u]SPV			SNV			  SMV			      SDV		        [/u][/b]
    SPV-001 SFS Volkov	SNV-001 SFS Liberty	  SMV-001 SFS Prokhorovka     SDV-001 SFS Novosibirsk
    			SNV-002 SFS Justice	  SMV-002 SFS Rushmore	      SDV-002 SFS Yekaterinberg
    			SNV-003 SFS Sentinel	  SMV-003 SFS Alamo	      SDV-003 SFS St. Petersburg
    			SNV-004 SFS Endurance
    			SNV-005 SFS Independence
    			SNV-006 SFS Union
    			SNV-007 SFS Democracy
    			SNV-008 SFS Lincoln
    			SNV-009 SFS Titan
    			SNV-010 SFS Relentless
    			SNV-011 SFS Dostoevsky
    			SNV-012 SFS Mayflower
    			SNV-013 SFS Obstinate
    			SNV-014 SFS Yankee
    			SNV-015 SFS Tolstoy
    			SNV-016 SFS Chekhov

4. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

Three weeks later...

"Giger counter's got nothing," said John.

"Same on thermal," said Hiroshi.

Arkady flipped his sights through the settings until he arrived at thermal and surveyed the landscape. The temperature of everything was less uniform that it had been in the old days, but it was still rather quite hot. Even so, it was an improvement. He cycled back to visual and looked around, before looking up. The atmosphere had been severely rarefied by now, compared to how it had been. One could actually see the Sun from the surface, though its output was hidden behind the ever-growing solar shade--even so his visor had to compensate for the glare.

"Got higher than average water vapor readings in the atmosphere," said John.

"When this is all over, I'm going to build myself a dacha right over there," said Arkady, pointing to the top of a cliff side on the distant continental escarpment of Ishar Terra. Stable bodies of liquid water had already been reported on the continents, and some of the lichen programs had been receiving success. It was only a matter of time before global temperatures dropped sufficiently, and then the rains would come. It would look Biblical.

"Optimism is always a good trait for a job such as this," said Hiroshi.

John waved them both off.

"Alright, enough horseplay, lets get out of here already," said Arkady.

They collectively turned and began marching their armored suits back toward the recovery vehicle. As they went, Arkady invoked his trademark finish for every mission: "Venus, one day I'll make a lady out of you."

5. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Accessing the Internet from a cruise ship here, and my time is extremely limited. Still, I should be able to begin work on the update here, once I have orders. I'm setting the deadline at a week from today.

6. Haseri

Haseri Emperor

I'm afraid I must say I am quitting this NES. It's just got tooo complicated to me to follow. I wish everyone the best of luck with it, and I will look into it when it isn't a Pre-Nes anymore.

7. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I'm with you. Now I refuse to send Diplo and only construction orders.

8. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

OOC: Odd sentiment. I don't see anything happening that doesn't in other games. Or which won't get worse when this "actually" starts.

9. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Nice:

If only colonies can colonize...

10. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

OOC: Why, with a grand population of maybe ten million people (upward of one hundred million people by the end of the first IT) and an entire planet if not system at your disposal, would you want to waste the time and resources to send a bunch of people somewhere else where you would have no control over them?

11. flyingchicken

flyingchicken Deity

Because science fiction writers players have no sense of scale. 10-100 million is apparently the "overpopulated and need to throw people away" limit for an entire star system of habitable planets, while Earth alone is special with probably upwards 7,000 million sustainable capacity.

12. Azale

Azale Deity

What are you talking about? Your a piddling little colony with hardly enough population, not to mention infrastructure. Your also strictly aligned to the PRC so it's not like you would be doing many ventures anyway.

Bacchus colonizes, but it's far more advanced of a colony. If this is why you quit, evaluate your position again.

13. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

Note, Bacchus has not and is not planning to colonize outside the Infinatas system. And I am content and enjoying myself as this game is allowing me to create a society and do a story, more so than most NESes. So please keep it up.

edit: this is based on Population, I mean really why would I need to expand with my whopping less than 7 million people. I wouldn't even consider expanding until several hundred million (at least US population) or if it was deemed that Bacchus needed a resource to survive and no one would trade said resource. But I don't see that happening.

14. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: Nothing has really changed the last few turns to make it more complicated! :lol:

15. Azale

Azale Deity

If anything, the arrival of the Solar Federation has made things LESS complicated. Less factions to deal with :p

16. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Three more days 'till the deadline, and I've not received many order sets. I know it's been awhile since the last turn, but I've given plenty of warning for this one, and I don't see too many other NESes out there to keep you all from this one.

17. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

was planing to send them in today, actualy. you will see them by the end of the day.

18. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Good grief, I am taking my time with a few things here. But don't worry, I'll get everything in and done on time.

19. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

shoot, chad, PM me when you get on MSN. I need information.

20. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: Would it have killed you to have sent a PM days ago? :p