Pre-thread: This world is yours 2: Solspace

20 CP - A star, hex 0809A, prefer a methane dwarf, called Osyr
20 CP, 1 SP - A star, hex 0808A, if we can let's make it yellow, called Pentas
23 CP - Bank

Last edited:
Sorry I missed the last two updates - my life is chaotic recently!

20 CP - Star - 1111B - Dobrovolsky’s Star
20 CP - Star - 1111D - New Delaware
20 CP - Star - 1211F - Rénmín Zhī Xīng (人民之星) - (according to Google “The People’s Star”)

Bank 13 CP, 1 SP, 2 POGS. What is a POG?

--Please follow this format when posting orders. It is easy for you and makes it easy for me.
--If you deviate from this format your orders may be missed or ignored.
--if you are late or don't send orders or don't use the format above, you earn one pogs
--If you earn 3 pogs your points are distributed amongst the remaining players
--That wasn't very pogs of you
A way to keep track of how long a player has been AFK. not sure if the number will reset to zero now that you have posted an order.

Sorry I missed the last two updates - my life is chaotic recently!

20 CP - Star - 1111B - Dobrovolsky’s Star
20 CP - Star - 1111D - New Delaware
20 CP - Star - 1211F - Rénmín Zhī Xīng (人民之星) - (according to Google “The People’s Star”)

TerrisH is correct, it is an accumulating point meant to discourage non-participation.

I really like your contributions - these are pretty in-theme with the vibe I'm going for - feels like New Delaware is an Earth colony.

Orders: Eltain
28 CP, 1 SP
20 CP - 1218e, Gurung - prefer a blue hypergiant
8 CP, 1 SP - bank

Sorry for being so late! Hope i can make it.

Orders: erez
35 CP, 1 SP
20 CP - 1011c, New Acropolis - prefer a yellow star
10 CP - 1115b, nebula, lion’s tail will be huge.
5 CP, 1 SP - bank

PHASE 1 TURN 3

Spoiler STARMAP :

0314b - Romus
Romus the Greater is a white star approximately the size and mass of Sol. During Earth's early space age, the Romus system featured heavily in popular science fiction novels.
A typical F-class yellow-white star has a mass of 1.4 times greater than Sol and are around 1.5 times the radius. They have a lifespan of around 5 billion years before the hydrogen runs out and the star goes supernova.

0314b - Remus
Remus the Lesser is a red dwarf in the Romus system. In popular fiction Remus is depicted as orbiting Romus, but in fact as all celestial bodies they share a central point of orbit, known as the Barycenter of the system.
A class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.

0808a - Pentas
Pentas the Red, a giant visible from Earth's night sky, a part of the Enoch constellation.
A low-to-medium mass star in a late phase of stellar evolution, a red giant has exhausted the supply of hydrogen in its core and switched to hydrogen fusion in a shell around the now helium core instead. While the star itself is huge, the outer envelope has a lower temperature, giving the star its characteristic hue.

0809a - Osyr
Osyr is a yellow star in the Enoch constellation.
A typical F-class yellow-white star has a mass of 1.4 times greater than Sol and are around 1.5 times the radius. They have a lifespan of around 5 billion years before the hydrogen runs out and the star goes supernova.

1010f - Chetu Nebula
For eons the Chetu Nebula was thought to be part of the Corona Nebula due to its proximity in the nightsky from Old Earth. Some schools of thought say that it is in the same constellation, and should be considered one large nebula, although in reality the two interstellar bodies are lightyears apart.
A nebula is a distinct luminescent part of interstellar medium, which can consist of ionized, neutral or molecular hydrogen and also cosmic dust.

1011c - New Acropolis
New Acropolis is presumably named for the citadel in Athens, on Old Earth. From the Greek root Acro-Polis, meaning a high city. New Acropolis may one day be a center of commerce, trade and war.
A very high temperature and luminosity O-type star. Although extraordinarily massive this star is short-lived due to the hellish rate at which it fuses its constituent elements. It will quickly, for a star, explode as a supernova which may briefly outshine entire galaxies before transforming into a black hole or neutron star. The energies unleashed from the star's raging fusion heart erupt in powerful stellar winds that will strip the atmosphere from closely orbiting planets

1110c - Vakapola
Vakapola is a Red Dwarf extremely close to Sol.
A class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.

1111b - Dobrovolsky's Star
Dobrovolsky's star was named for Georgi Dobrovolsky, the first human to give his life in space. It is one of Sol's nearest neighbors.

1111d - New Delaware
New Delaware is Sol's nearest yellow cousin. It was considered by early space-faring civilization to be a great candidate for colonization.
A G2 type primary sequence star, estimated age is five billion years. Surface temperature is only about six thousand degrees, while core temperature could well exceed fifteen million degrees.

1115b - Lion's tail Nebula
The Lion's Tail extends away from Nemea.
A nebula is a distinct luminescent part of interstellar medium, which can consist of ionized, neutral or molecular hydrogen and also cosmic dust.

1211f - Rénmín Zhī Xīng
Renmin Zhi Xing, like all white dwarfs, is invisible to the unaided human eye from Earth. This is because White Dwarf stars are so small and emit a lot of their light in the ultraviolet part of the spectrum they can be very hard to see in the night sky. They will be visible from orbiting planets, however.
The beginning of the end for most stars, the white dwarf was once a red giant not massive enough to fuse carbon. Extremely dense and slowly radiating away its heat as it no longer undergoes fusion reactions, its volume is supported against gravitational collapse only by electron degeneracy pressure.

1218e - Gurung
Gurung is named for its discoverer, Professor of Astrography at New Oxford University, Gideon Malthus Gurung.

PLAYERBASE CP2d6 CPBANKED CPTOTAL CPPOGSSP
TerrisH2038310
Erez8720105351
Eltain2058331
Traveller762082300
NinjaCow64201113442-0.5=1.51
Lord of Elves20923521

OOC

@Lord of Elves, I did not see your edit. I banked your SP and went with the original orders.

@NinjaCow64, you are losing pogs, keep it up!

I will update the map again on Friday 5/5/23 after 8 pm.
If all orders are in before then, and also I have a few free minutes, I will update ahead of schedule.

Otherwise, I will update on schedule with or without all participants.

20CP: Neolrus, a star in 0811a, as close to the center as possible.
10CP: expansion of the Corona Nebula into the unlettered portion of the 0809. Intent is to have Iris fully surrounded by the nebula, reflecting the fact that Iris explosion created it. (if not possible or not needed, bank instead)
1CP: bank

20CP - Star 1112A - Chawla's Star
20CP - Star 1111A - Star of Pancasila/Star of the Five Principles

20CP: Neolrus, a star in 0811a, as close to the center as possible.
10CP: expansion of the Corona Nebula into the unlettered portion of the 0809. Intent is to have Iris fully surrounded by the nebula, reflecting the fact that Iris explosion created it. (if not possible or not needed, bank instead)
1CP: bank

Do you want to infill cell 0809f with nebula, surrounding Iris with it?
Picture our map is a gameboard. The unlettered space is off the gameboard.

Do you want to infill cell 0809f with nebula, surrounding Iris with it?
Picture our map is a gameboard. The unlettered space is off the gameboard.
yhea, that would work.

even if it is game function wise inside 0809f, would having trace elements in the unlettered space be possible, if only as a purely visual artifact?

yhea, that would work.

even if it is game function wise inside 0809f, would having trace elements in the unlettered space be possible, if only as a purely visual artifact?
Yeah, we can manage that.

I’m gonna fill 1011 with stars till i get a yellow star! :D

Nah. I’ll probably use my special point on new acropolos, I’ll write something nice for it.

Orders: Eltain
33 CP, 1 SP
10 CP, 1 SP: 1814d: Nazca, a blue hypergiant
20 CP: 0414c, Jarl, prefer an orange giant
3 P: Bank

The Nazca system was settled by south american colonists. The system name was changed after settlers 'allegedly' found a series of depictions similar to the Nazca lines on an arid, lifeless world in that system. Whether this was a sincere discovery, or a hokey man-made tourist attraction, is currently not known.

35 CP, 1 SP
10 CP, 1 SP: 1011c: New Acropolis, a yellow star
10 CP: 1011b, ionian nebula
10 CP: 1011d, ionian nebula
5 P: Bank

The massive new acropolis goes through some sort of unknown process, perhaps inflating and losing gravitional hold over its upper layers, perhaps a passing super massive object, or perhaps a premature incomplete supernova. Whatever it was the star loses layers from its poles creating a small elongated nebula and leaving behind a yellow star.

PHASE 1 TURN 4

Spoiler STARMAP :

0219d - Eshbotara
Recently uncovered historical records have indicated that Eshbotara featured heavily in native American folklore from the early 1st century BC. The fat lady or Mother Goddess shape that represents the Anochaic Goddess Eshbotara very much represented Mother Earth. The Anochaic peoples believed that they were blessed with abundance from the Mother Goddess.
A K-type main-sequence star, also referred to as a K-type dwarf or an orange dwarf, is a main-sequence (hydrogen-burning) star of spectral type K and luminosity class V. These stars are intermediate in size between red M-type main-sequence stars ("red dwarfs") and yellow/white G-type main-sequence stars.

0414c - Jarl
The Jarl system is a bleak, dark smear in the night sky from Sol. It is in the region of the sky dominated by the Romus constellation.

0809f - Corona Nebula
The Corona Nebula emanates from Iris

0811a - Neolrus
In classical Greek myth, Neolrus the Elder was the eldest son of Poseidon. In modern literature he is depicted as a lanky, elderly gentleman. They call him the Old Gentleman because he is trustworthy, and gentle, and never forgetful of what is right, but the thoughts of his mind are mild and righteous. Neolrus is a yellow main sequence star and a likely candidate for early Human colonization at only 5 LYs from Sol.
A G2 type primary sequence star, estimated age is five billion years. Surface temperature is only about six thousand degrees, while core temperature could well exceed fifteen million degrees.

1011b - Ionian Nebula
The Ionian Nebula is likely the resultant discharge of some great apocalyptic reverse-accretion of the nearby star New Acropolis.

1011c - New Acropolis
New Acropolis is presumably named for the citedal in Athens, on Old Earth. From the greek root Acro-Polis, meaning a high city. New Acropolis may one day be a center of commerce, trade and war. At some point in its astronomical history, New Acropolis went through a previously-unseen process, losing mass without going supernova. It transformed from a Blue Giant into a typical main sequence yellow star

1011d - Ionian Nebula
The Ionian Nebula is likely the resultant discharge of some great apocalyptic reverse-accretion of the nearby star New Acropolis.

1111a - Star of Pancasila
The Star of Pancasilla, or the Star of Five Principles likely represents the Five Precepts of early proto-Buddhism: 1 Refrain from taking life. 2: Refrain from taking what is not given. 3: Refrain from the misuse of the senses. 4: Refrain from wrong speech. 5: Refrain from intoxicants that cloud the mind.*

1112a - Chawla's Star
Chawla's Star is one of many in a cluster of older red dwarfs surrounding the Sol system.

1814d - Nazca
The Nazca system was settled by south american colonists. The system name was changed after settlers 'allegedly' found a series of depictions similar to the Nazca lines on an arid, lifeless world in that system. Whether this was a sincere discovery, or a hokey man-made tourist attraction, is currently not known.
A very high temperature and luminosity O-type star. Although extraordinarily massive this star is short-lived due to the hellish rate at which it fuses its constituent elements. It will quickly, for a star, explode as a supernova which may briefly outshine entire galaxies before transforming into a black hole or neutron star. The energies unleashed from the star's raging fusion heart erupt in powerful stellar winds that will strip the atmosphere from closely orbiting planets.

PLAYERBASE CP2d6 CPBANKED CPTOTAL CPPOGSSP
TerrisH2061270
Erez8720105350
Eltain2063290
Traveller7620310330
NinjaCow642084321.5-0.5=11
Lord of Elves208528011

Spoiler MINIGAME 1 :

5 CP bonus will be added to your banked CP on 5/12/23, usable after that date IF:
1: You spend 20 CP minimum inside the region outlined below.
-a: The large sideways trapezoidal shaped region created by Romus/Jarl in the northwest, Nemea in the northeast, Gurung in the southeast, and Eshbotara in the southwest.
2: Whatever you place, name it in theme with its nearest neighbor.
Example:
Romus is Roman or Etruscan
Jarl is Norse
Nemea is Greek
Gurung is Hindi
Eshbotara might be a proto-Indigenous Americans thing?

Favorite contribution will receive an additional incentive of some kind, TBD.

I will update the map again on Friday 5/12/23 after 8 pm est.
If all orders are in before then, and also I have a few free minutes, I will update ahead of schedule.

Otherwise, I will update on schedule with or without all participants.

20CP: (0615a) Janus. Named for an early roman god of time.
7CP: bank

note, was planing to put a second star and third star also in 0615a, and delay purchasing until I had 60CP saved up, so I could make a Trinary system. Still plan to do so as I get the CP to do so. Tentative name (mostly for me to look at and remember) for them are Juturna and Venilia.

35 cp,
20 cp: 0416e: Tyr, giant blue star
10 cp: 0918a: Sindhu: nebula with blueish-purple colors, looks like a stretched line, named after a river.
5 cp: Bank

Last edited:
35 cp,
20 cp: 0416e: Tyr, giant blue star
10 cp: 0198a: Sindhu: nebula with blueish-purple colors, looks like a stretched line, named after a river.
5 cp: Bank
Hi Erez,

Can you clarify which hex Sindhu should be in?

Top Bottom