Progress Thread

Right, guys, big problem (for now, at least)

A while back, I was alerted to the fact that the pre-alpha couldn't be downloaded. I decided to wait a while to see how things played out (i.e., I thought it may just be a temporary problem). Since then, I've been pretty busy all summer. Anyway, I just tried downloading it again, and it still isn't working.

The problem is, I don't really have a way of re-uploading it at the moment. The computer which it is stored on currently has no access to the internet (I think my cheap wireless thing has finally all but packed itself in), and this weekend I'm going back to university, which means although my connection will be better (since I use a wired connection there), I'm not too sure on how busy I'm going to be in my first few weeks back (although saying that, it could very much be the case that I'll be able to fit in internet time when I get back - better to be cautious, etc.)

So anyway, what shall be done? Should I upload the files to somewhere else? (And if so, where? Sites like Rapidshare with a download limit aren't really possible to use at uni since everyone is constantly downloading/uploading stuff, thereby making sure that even if I did manage to get through and upload the files, maintenance will be a problem) Would anyone else be able to mirror them, so that even if the link stops working again, there would be more than one alternative?

Right, I've updated the first link, but since none of the other links are working, I'm going to re-.rar then re-upload the entire mod. Also, this will make a lot less links to download :p EDIT: Annnnd... They're up again!

How about you make the mod's unit availabilaty pyramid style, I mean like this:

You can build a Seargint only if you have produced 5 marines,
you can build a predator only if you have produced 2 seargents,
you can build a Landraider only if you have 4 predators, or something like that,
you can build a whirlwind only if you have 2 devastator squads.......
acordingly to each race. This is going to solve the problem of haveing only landraiders or only Deamonprinces swarming the map at the middle of the game, This is gona feel like war! Oppinions???

P.S Or just put reasonable limits to anything except infantry, cause haveing 120 Orc bosses, you know....

Maybe Vihecles such as landraiders, n heroes sould be "spawned" from small wonders that everybody can build, or from specific high cost buildings, but deffinetely spawned, cause if you remeber civ3 warhammer fantasy mod, a great mod realy, but at the later stages of the game it is filled only with dragons, great deamons and so on, please try to figure something out to evade that problem, would be great, and you'd add something new to the game, At least I havent seen many civ mods that bothered to find a way around this problem.

Top Bottom