Progress Thread

LMR

Back In Green!
This thread it to inform those of you patiently waiting for the mod how far along we are with it. For now i'll just put up the units

Units

Imperium (80% complete):

Imperial Guard (90%)
Ultramarines (79%)
Black Templars (85%)
Space Wolves (90%)
Dark Angels (72%)
Blood Angels (76%)
Witch Hunters (74%)
Daemon Hunters (71%)

Chaos (73% completed):

Lost and the Damned (52%)
Black Legion (80%)
World Eaters (80%)
Death Guard (72%)
Thousand Sons (80%)
Emperor's Children (72%)

Orks (100% completed):

Goffs (100%)
Evil Sunz (100%)
Snakebites (100%)
Blood Axes (100%)
Death Skullz (100%)
Bad Moonz (100%)

About Snakebites:
- I don't think that they're complete just yet. There are a couple of ships undone still. Or won't they be using the kroozer & battlekroozer (which are on my to-do list).

You wouldn't accept someone who have no spare time to do anymore civ work (than he already does with MEM), but likes to lurk around and keep an eye on development, right?
You mean that - and the following answer by Goldie? Nah, He's just goldie. I wouldn't mind you hanging around, but we certainly would like for the members to actually contribute to the cause - not just hang around for sneak previews ;) (ooh, there's so many cool preview pics in the super secret forums... :mischief: :crazyeye: )

Yes I mean that, and I stand by the comment.

I usually only start to contribute when the playtesting begins. That's what I have done for almost all works I've been involved in.

So, if you want to see all the cool preview pics (tsi-hi-hii :lol: ), you propably should re-request the membership. Especially so since Goldy has not taken part in the "development" in several months.

Or if you are only willing to contribute to the playtesting, we welcome you back in a couple of years :lol:

Actually you should consider having an open mod discussion instead of this closed one, that has been my (hidden ohh.. :satan:) agenda since my first post.

As you just pointed out, work on this mod has pretty much stopped, except for some units* by you. So far only one mod that uses secret development has been released, and only this week. It has been under way for four years, and the released version is in fact nothing more than a test version anyway.

If you have a public discussion, not hidden away in some secret forum then you get much more attention, and thus much more help, this has been my experience both from this forum and CDG before it was hacked.

I can't help but feel that the desire for private forums stems from a feeling of being "cool" and elitist. But the gained elitism results in lower productivity, and now your "leader" Goldflash has been inactive in months.

I suggest you rethink your modding process, before you continue to make the mistakes of other modders.

(This post was obviously directed at the whole team and not only aaglo.)

*very nice ones I might add.

Yoda Power said:
Do you have anything besides units? :p
We have 4 ork LHs, 2 chaos space marine LHs, and a Space Marine LH, which leaves only, what, 20 more to go? only 15 if you dont include the Eldar.

we also have a couple of buildings and tech icons

I usually only start to contribute when the playtesting begins. That's what I have done for almost all works I've been involved in.
Once we have something to playtest, you are most welcome :)

Actually you should consider having an open mod discussion instead of this closed one, that has been my (hidden ohh.. :satan:) agenda since my first post.

As you just pointed out, work on this mod has pretty much stopped, except for some units* by you. So far only one mod that uses secret development has been released, and only this week. It has been under way for four years, and the released version is in fact nothing more than a test version anyway.

If you have a public discussion, not hidden away in some secret forum then you get much more attention, and thus much more help, this has been my experience both from this forum and CDG before it was hacked.

I can't help but feel that the desire for private forums stems from a feeling of being "cool" and elitist. But the gained elitism results in lower productivity, and now your "leader" Goldflash has been inactive in months.

I suggest you rethink your modding process, before you continue to make the mistakes of other modders.

(This post was obviously directed at the whole team and not only aaglo.)

*very nice ones I might add.

I have been working slowly on a .biq file and associated images and stuff, but i agree that more work could probably be done if it was public. like getting some people in to make LHs :mischief:

do you think i should PM Thunderfall asking him to make the private forum public, or just transfer all the private threads to the public forum?

I think you should just open a thread in the C&C forum, and let that be the working thread from now on.

And get rid of the forum.

I think that opening a thread at main C&C could mess up things more than what they already are.

I think that keeping this Project forum aloft is a good idea, to help keeping things atleast somehow structured. If everything was discussed in only one thread, all discussion would be fragmented. And we don't have defrag in these forums AFAIK :p

I'd just move the private section stuff of this Workshop into the public section, and get rid of the private sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-forum.

Top Bottom