1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

1. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Chieftain

I know cqui has that option , which they've borrowed heaps from this mod

2. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

i cant change production with this mod, the right side panel doesnt open when i click on my city

3. Ramez Hachicho

Ramez Hachicho Chieftain

I understand you don't want people using gold to purchase units. I actually like that change .. it makes production more meaningful. And gold less key. However how am I supposed to make missionaries and spread my religion with this mod? It seems to be disabled?

I really like your UI but frankly you seem to have nerfed religion to the point it's almost useless by making it so you can't buy things with faith .. unless I have somehow missed something.

EDIT : Okay I must somehow be missing how to buy units as the AI can buy missionaries and even military units just fine.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  4. Eep

Eep Chieftain

How about smaller bonus/strategic/etc resource and unit icons? Zooming out the icons remain the same size and end up covering too much of the tile.

5. Ramez Hachicho

Ramez Hachicho Chieftain

Can anyone give a guide on how to install this properly. Or how to get the latest version. I've found several versions. Some work some don't. And even the ones that work tend to bug out. For example the first one I've found didn't let me purchase any units with faith or gold. Another one doesn't close the city screen properly or display it right. I don't know if I'm just doing a poor install at this point or what?

Ok forget that .. I just deleted all folders of the mod from civ 6 .. one problem .. civ 6 still thinks the mod is installed .

This was a bug in Civ V

By all that's holy why isn't it fixed ...

And is there anything I can do?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  6. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Chieftain

Info about a Mod is embedded into your save.
    When it comes to what version to use, vans163 has clearly notified on his Github, how to proceed.

hint: He is pointing to another Github user, that is continuing his work.

7. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Just click on the city, top right corner, the options are there. The mod only tweaks UI, doesn't interfere with gameplay.

8. NeoAnubis

NeoAnubis Chieftain

I can't seem to find a way to change production either on the latest version. While I'm aware that this is only a UI mod, it doesn't matter where I click, nothing like it pops up.

Also, there is nothing on the top right corner that is related to the city at all. I'll assume you mean the gear that appears by the city name, I'm very well aware that it can be used when the city DOES NOT have anytinhg currently being produced, that is not the point. What can't be done is changing production that is in progress, also, it seems impossible to buy units in that time.

The city breakdown that appears on the left side of the screen when zooming on a city has nothing related to the production tab, it does show buildings already in the city though.

The intuitive thing to do would be to actually make the production tab open when clicking on the current production, which doesn't happen. At the very least this change was a very poor design choice.

Edit: I tried pressing pretty much everywhere on the screen, both zoomed in the city and not zoomed in the city, I'm assuming that the production tab is oppened with a keybind at this point... If there is somewhere to click that would open the tab, it sure as hell is very unintuitive.

Edit 2: Yeah, this is bugged, either that or it is causing conflicts with some other mod (I'm using AI+ and Civ VI Improvements, none of which mess with the UI), currently I can't even place wonders or districts, nothing appears when I click on them, I'm disabling this until it gets fixed or I can work around the compatibility issues (If that is the case, which i doubt)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  9. andreasrau

andreasrau Chieftain

Is there any way to implement some of your great ideas and changes into a online multiplayer game (without being the host)?
    I assume that you cant play with mods because everybody should have the same initial position. But most changes only affect the layout and the handling and suchlike and don´t affect the game itself.
    I installed for example the "camera mod" (which actually isn´t a mod in its proper meaning, because it just changed some files in any Civ6 directory) that allows me a wider zooming in and out. This modification helps me a lot in handling the game and doesnt give me a real advantage...

So my question is if all/some of the changes in your mod could be implemented in Civ6 in a way that I could use them in a multiplayer mod?!?

Hope everything is understandable. English is not my mothertounge. Sry for any mistakes. Thx for any answers.

10. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Any experience with this after the Fall Patch?

\Skodkim

11. viper_1986_1986

viper_1986_1986 Chieftain

I actually just put the civ6_qui-1.0.0.26 (older version) folder into my mods folder.
    Nothing shows up in the in-game mods options, it appears to be auto enabled. some of the UI functions work, but the LUA functions do not (like map scrolling) Have no issues hosting, or joining games and having some of the UI features work. Other players do not have the mod installed

edit:
    Appears to work with latest version too.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  12. viper_1986_1986

Only bug i have with the latest build is the city governor doesn't seem to work at all. It just blinks and nothing is changed. Other than that, the only confusing part was to verify that i could faith buy things? Which it the faith buy option shows up once you can faith buy something. So perfect :)

13. andreasrau

andreasrau Chieftain

Nice! I´ll try that too! Thx!

14. andreasrau

andreasrau Chieftain

Didn`t work out for me... :( Which features are working in your Multiplayer game??

15. viper_1986_1986

All the city hotbar info - better growth info, better production info, what districts the city has, what improvements are missing in the city, etc..

I have't tested it out as as DLC, i am 99% sure it would cause others players to not be able to join.

16. Ramez Hachicho

Ramez Hachicho Chieftain

Hmm .. I must be running into a bug then because .. yes .. the options are there. To select the purchase menu's but there's nothing in them. It's like the mod doesn't list the purchasing options properly. Literally the only thing it lets me buy is my religions unique faith building. I've had to stop using the mod for now. As the AI does not seem to have this issue as it isn't UI dependant.

17. TheSirusKing

TheSirusKing Chieftain

With this mod installed, everytime I hover over one of my cities, it takes at least 1-2 seconds to load the Citizen overlay and freezes the game for this time. What is going on? This mod is just so lovely I don't want to have to uninstall it.

18. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Chieftain

Just remove the lines that was added in commit f956f07

19. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

I have the same issue, also its very easy to bresk this mod so that you cant build districts. It breaks the who game and you have restart a new game - very frustrating - this mod shouldnt have been released with such a game breaking bug - please sort it out!

20. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

Any update on this major bug?