Random Rants Q': I protest against subtitles

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Takhisis, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amadeus

amadeus Hey now!

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/39f8b4c37b6d4ec751240e4d356449dfa0c8305a?tokyo2020

Your tax yen at work! Large numbers of prepared meals are being dumped at the Olympics. Why? With no spectators, the number of volunteers has been cut—but the food orders haven’t been changed.

The response? “We’ve heard about it” and “we will look into it.” Don’t worry though! There’s still plenty of Coca-Cola to go around you can buy with your VISA card!

Can I sell sponsorships to my posts? This message brought to you by 港村巨大鉛筆工業株式会社—Minatomura Colossal Pencil Manufacturing Co., Ltd.—Japan’s No. 1 maker of pencils in the 500kg+ weight class. When you need a pencil that will crush a house, think Minatomura! Mura! Mura! Mura!

Kaitzilla and The_J like this.
  2. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I thought you were quitting that job?

3. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

So the food is just being thrown away? :huh:

(There are about half a dozen words on that page I can read, and none of them are in the article)

4. amadeus

amadeus Hey now!

That’s exactly what is happening. It’s part of the commitment to “Sustainable Development Goals”—to see how long the PM can sustain his premiership in the face of such farcical developments.

I wrote the gist of it but here’s another summary: JNN news crews captured video of the food loss, a witness said that this situation was continuing and it breaks his heart during the coronavirus pandemic as people are being impoverished.

The cabinet office said “we’ve heard” and the Olympic committee said “of course we should get the right amount delivered. We will improve the situation as much as possible.”

The All-Japan Union of Crows, however, is reporting the best conditions in years; a spokesbird for the organization said to reporters Tuesday: “caw caw caw caw.” Interpreters on site translating said the waste is four good caws.

Zardnaar and tjs282 like this.
  5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

IIRC her new job starts in August.

6. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

So the county - which is basically the city - is currently judged to be experiencing "Substantial" transmission of covid-19 by the CDC, and thus, everyone is encouraged to wear a mask indoors regardless of vaccination status. That's not even my rant, though. My ire is aimed at vaccine "skeptics." I'm really losing my patience, because their arrogance, selfishness, and overall inability to think is beginning to affect the rest of us now. If you [bone]heads could keep your [garbage] to yourself, I guess it would make no difference to me. But you can't. And I am really [gosh-darned] tired of wearing this stupid mask. I wear my mask whenever I'm asked to, I'm not one of these [snot]head mask refusniks who won't lift a [flipping] finger to help and thinks they're being cool. I'm just [freaking] sick of it. Don't want to get vaccinated? Cool. Stay the [heck] out of my city, then, you [tool].

Spoiler :

7. r16

r16 not deity

utterly wrong , telling vaccine opponents that they are a Nordic god . Which always survives whatever pummeling he receives . Doesn't the big guy others to smash with so many movies ?

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Do it properly, as the Icelanders do, and either adopt an old Latin expression or undo the Anglification of an originally Latin expression.
    Acqua vitæ. Computator/trix. Capo/a. Squadra. Parzionario. Principe(ssa). Fanatico/a.

You know there's no other way!

9. r16

r16 not deity

won't link but it has turned out to be exactly same as always ... lnstead of a specific declaration that r16 is unworthy and even if he was it wouldn't be down to him and those who would make the choice were far more likely to involve qualifications not readily available (the requirement to be a graduate of the Starfleet Academy and to have at least one interstellar cruise would be just a beginning) it turns back to square one . A contest of manhood in which am not , was not and will not be taking part . And still goes on to become an irritation . Because it makes girls laugh , them barely into 10s and not even teens , reinforcing boys into fantasy overmatch , turning into real life hazards if one can be forgiven to term the situation as such .

of course , ı have gained supporters over time , looking at the claims that ı have been claiming things and turns out ı was not and they were just an imagination from the fertile minds of those who are hostile to me . Some set of people whom ı had warned not to base their identities as being superior to r16 and embellishing me because that would increase their own worth without any real life effort ... Figuratively speaking this can get people dead , when people question things : How can anyone (who is superior to me by birthright) fail in life ? ı am at least an idiot and a failure in life , as everybody knows . And when any supporter makes the grave mistake of approving me ? "Helal olsun" as in me deserving something good that happened to me , say , in the specific case of the wrongly translated claim (that an high school girl would come and never leave if ı had told her so) will only encourage people to dig up the lists of hundreds of girls who were in the Anatolian High with me , to find traitors and whatnot . Nothing impressive about me 30-40 years ago , what seems impressive now is merely the end result of years of stories turning out to be fabrications . As ı clearly said in that previous post , any girl would shake out of the illusion in 15 seconds ...

but at least the summer wedding must have been over . ı wasn't invited , the "also" phrase encourages me to assume the Stuntwoman invited a colleague of hers , who must be dark haired but equally good looking , creating comtempt (?) in people against r16 , so just as expected .

10. Sofista

Sofista Deity

Now there's a complex answer to be given!

A good many of those words already exist in Italian... although not always with exactly the same meaning. For instance, as the electronic revolution came along some tried to suggest we should have our own word for 'computer' - like French 'ordinateur', or Spanish 'ordenador', for a time 'elaboratore' was the word. But as it sometimes happens, it was shot down in popular use, and it's just 'computer' now.

The last time people in power tried to impose words from above was almost 100 years ago - yeah, you can guess who they were. They just decided that our vocabulary had to be 100% of Latin origin; too bad they were more or less the only ones who could not see how out of touch the concept was. If you're in for some RL Fascist wild stories, just ask me about Achille Starace.
    To stay on point, the most enduring of their suggestion was turning 'football' into calcio. I guess our true religion can take any name, as long as the theology stays the same... :D

The_J likes this.
  11. haroon

haroon Deity

So is this about Starfleet commander r16 get bullied, laugh at and isolated not invited during the "düğün günü" by earthlings and meatbags?

That harsh man. as people said it in Turkey, gecmis olsun (get well soon)! No need to share your interest in politic, starwars geek or military stuff to people who you'll think would not appreciate that, they would mock you instead. You can always fix your social stance by becoming eager, attentive and curious listener. If they can't value your interest, show them that you can value their interest.

12. r16

r16 not deity

something like this but without the goodwill . Never expected to be invited , which actually caused a notion that the support team and stuff was like insulting me and whatever , despite the thing ı was a subject of their support only due to stuff that shouldn't have ever happened but people can not stop laughing at me ... And a total lack of grasping that the idea is actually that am inhumanly good . So much that stuff should be risked , which then will really cause risks to people am most unlikely to ever know , but might hear about in passing . Curse the Stuntwoman , as always .

haroon likes this.
  13. haroon

haroon Deity

You can surprise your bullies by doing something they are not expecting. It's fun to pick up someone that is readable, it makes it more fun(ny) to pull your legs. If you are out of your reactional pattern, like if you are always reacting this time try to just being awkward and silent, or if you are usually defensive this time try to compliment them instead:

"you are so beceriksiz! (good for nothing)"
    "thank you for helping me building my confident, you are a kind human being"

"you remember when you are in highschool you were blablablabla"
    *show disinterest, take permission politely and go.

You sucker punch them verbally like that, you develop a pattern, and when they feel they know your pattern, change the pattern and sucker punch them. This is true in boxing, also true in words-jut-su.

14. r16

r16 not deity

with all due respect , why it is not clear that ı want nothing from bullies and stuff , except minding their own business and leaving me alone , considering this exchange very well might end up in some form of electronic attack with claims of r16 started it , again , like the 1000th time ? And why it is not clear that ı have already made it clear that my "victories" against people cause harm to people ı never know ?

15. haroon

haroon Deity

I know I know bro, don't use that laser beam just yet. We cannot ever justify and undo the collateral damage if it happened.

Having said that, good luck r16.

16. r16

r16 not deity

r16 is out for webcafe on Friday ; ı don't know whether it was the press itself which heard the rumours that everycase would be handled individually to lead a counter declaration that ı was not man enough , you know , slapping people right and left .

r16 is out for shopping on Saturday aka today . A laptop bag thing , because ı started carrying one during the pandemic stuff , waterbottles (2×400 ml stuff as of late) , freezer bag for spare masks , stuff . ı had a proper laptop thing but of low volume and a bag ı used to carry lunch in a jar , shoe polish , stuff to dust off the work uniform/suit to the museum like 16 years ago , totally larger ; you could even stick shopping stuff in it , once used as a pillow when some random person passed out in the summer heat . r16 waits until the person recovers and r16 will walk home and r16 asks for his bag and this poor girl , a relative of the person has to explain another girl (must be yet another relative) that ı can get the bag , because you know , it is mine and nobody had even asked me to give it away as a pillow or whatever . Finally showing its age , and a massive gash by the side ... An extension cord , because the previous one seems dangerously dead ... Face masks ...

first electronics shop/mall ı enter is of the ones who directed me to a different shop where my previous tablet -possibly- got some water to die while getting a protective screen . Some of them are naturally laughing at me . Second is owned by the same company where nobody does it , can't tell why but anyhow . One unhappy guy though . Third is the one where the three at the cash desk are so willing to laugh .

you see , ı have greatly preferred Toshiba as the flash memory brand to stock . The division was sold to the Chinese to become Xio something or Something xio , anyhow the previous times there was a wall of Toshibas when the lack of money and a supposed company policy stopped me buying all of them , only two per person ı was told , with assurances that there would be Toshibas ... Nothing today . So , am about to leave but notice an heap of bags ; one seems large enough for the budget ... Let me tell you what your problem might be -as it appears to me ... That everyone projects oneself onto the world , that you would have shot people at the slightest perceived insult if you had the power you ascribe to powerful people . When it doesn't happen , a smugness permeates the body , almost rgasmic in quality because of an idea about being so smart ... Mock the fool , who refuses any invitation to the Oval Office and of course there were will be the whole bunch of smarties who will interpret this as a begging to be invited to the White House , because they would actually kill to be in any delegation to the White House , because in this stupid world power flows down from the White House . Will not last that long , not anymore , but anyhow . But then one must be careful because it is very possible for this to become an offence to last to the end of times , stupid r16 wronging people ; don't worry , ı will be able to survive if you don't sell Toshibas to me .

and the masks , somewhere else , the guy unhappy selling ? Or selling to r16 ? In case ı was wrong in this assesment , my sincere apologies . If not , the reason you haven't been set afire in the wall high cabinets of alcoholic stuff is of course not me , my friend or whatever . It is your overall boss who fakes being an opponent of the PM , and a bestest friend of the PM behind the scenes ... So , ı don't know , maybe it was me purchasing stuff from shops for a long time , possibly longer than you have existed , because the value of the company that employs you is measured by auditor companies which absolutely love firms that employ younger people because young people definitely mean lower costs and higher profits and so on and ı have been using the same phrase while leaving shops for like 40 years ...

Birdjaguar likes this.
  17. tjs282

tjs282 Stone(cold)fish

I vaguely remember playing a port of Golden Axe, on PC I think.

Weren't the same enemy-sprites used repeatedly throughout the game, but with the colours of their uniforms pallette-swapped from cooler to warmer (to indicate higher HP/ more damage-infliction), or something?

So you'd face more of the blue/green enemies nearer the beginning, and more of the orange/red ones nearer the end?

haroon and Kyriakos like this.
  18. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Double Dragon, too! A time honored mechanic. When games started getting a littler fancier yet the bosses would start flashing red as they took damage, and they would get more dangerous/faster/hit harder as they flashed more red.

haroon likes this.
  19. haroon

haroon Deity

I really can't remember well. That game, even though when I was little I consider it the best game ever, but it's also one of the hardest game. I never really went far with that game. Another thing I remember about this game is from the start menu, iirc, you can jump to other stages.

The good old day! I played so many beatem up game back-then, easily my favorite genre, one of it that's common in our arcade is the game called "Final Fight", every arcade during 90s must have that game.

tjs282 likes this.
  20. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Kaitzilla and Kyriakos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.