Random Rants VII: Why do they ALWAYS do that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is thus: I have a lell of a lot of coursework to be doing, but I can't do it. Why's that, you might ask. Well, there a multiple reasons. Firstly, I am completely and utterly unable to decipher what we must do on this project. Secondly, from what I can gather, it is uninteresting and totally pointless. Thirdly, it requires too much effort on my part. Laziness, I hear you mutter. Apparantley, we have to visit various supermarket chains and make comparisons on the types of food they serve. What food? Good question. What supermarkets? Even better question. The real predicament is yet to come: I've had all summer to work on this and haven't (because I couldn't... see above) without teacher communication. We return to school next week, and I feel she'll be wanting this work as soon as possible. So, my options are as follows. Either do it all now, and try to grasp the sitation as best I can, or return to school with it unfinished, and get the help I require, shortening my time to do the assignment by another 50% or so.

I do regret studying this subject for GCSE now. :(

Well supermarkets generally sell similiar things. Can't you just go to a supermarket, note down a few prices, brands etc, see what fresh food they sell. Stuff like that?

What subject is it? Food Tech?

Anyway, onto my rant.

Why is my part of England always cloudy and dull? All I want to do for the rest of the summer holidays is sit outside and sunbathe so that I might be slightly tanned for when I start college but I can't. I wish I was still on holiday. France is so much nicer then England. Shame about the language though, if it wasn't for the french and the high prices then France would be ideal. I want to move abroad when I'm older (or now would be nice actually) but anywhere much hotter then south france is too hot for me and I speak only english and a small amount of french. Why must the world suck so much? Why must all English speaking countries be too hot or too cold? Why?

Well supermarkets generally sell similiar things. Can't you just go to a supermarket, note down a few prices, brands etc, see what fresh food they sell. Stuff like that?

What subject is it? Food Tech?

Anyway, onto my rant.

No, because I have to specifically do something which I am not privy to.

And correct.

I don't know if that one girl likes me and for some reason I can't tell (Mirc: )her that I like her(yes, I'm a sissy).

Urgh.

Secondly, from what I can gather, it is uninteresting and totally pointless.
Well that pretty much comes with the territory.
Thirdly, it requires too much effort on my part. Laziness, I hear you mutter.
I mutter no such thing. Summer is not a time for one to be futzing around grocery stores with clipboards and such.
So, my options are as follows. Either do it all now, and try to grasp the sitation as best I can, or return to school with it unfinished, and get the help I require, shortening my time to do the assignment by another 50% or so.
Disregarding the sheer asininity of this assignment, here's my advice. If I were you I would try to just throw together some incomplete thing. Enough to show that you made some consious effort, but not enough to bust your ass over. The teacher will hopefully see that you tried and be more willing to help you out.

Try comparing random-ass things like prices, displays, brands and location. That's what I'd do. Actually, I probably wouldn't have signed up for this loony toon class of yours in the first place! :crazyeye:

If your advice is genuine and forthright, I shall follow it. Maybe the teacher will take pity on my pathetic but sure effort at my assignment. Maybe she might just scream and fail me. Who knows.

To be frank, who cares?

Man the partisan ship is now cruising at full speed on the CFsea.

Here are the top partisan things that get on my nerve:
- saying Barack HUSSEIN Obama, BHO, and in general feeling you have to mention Hussein every time you mention Obama
- saying John McBush, George McCain, and in general feeling you have to mention Bush every time you mention McCain
- putting the highlight on every single slip of the tongue each candidate make and trying to pass it as a major gaffe that will forever ruin his chances
- the total inability to admit that the candidate you do not support might be right on some issues
- the total inability to admit that the candidate you support might be wrong on some issues
- the total inability to acknowledge that people who do not support your candidate are rational human beings, and not ignorant morons
- the firm belief that you are not partisan, but your opponent's supporters are
- the firm belief that your opponent is suffering from some sort of a vast media conspiracy

I'm sure I forgot a bunch. Basically, I really don't like the fact that elections turn people into slightly ******ed, mildly evil, mindless drones

I hate Finnish.

I remember my Finnish friends always told me that him/her is one single word in Finnish, as they used to do this mistake quite often in speaking.

In fact, my post was mostly a joke, a kind of "I can't miss the opportunity to ask that question". ;) No hard feelings. :p

Edit: CROSSPOST AGAIN!!!!! :mad: [pissed] ARGHHHHHHHHH!

in hebrew, "he" means she, and "who" means he.

I'm sure I forgot a bunch. Basically, I really don't like the fact that elections turn people into slightly ******ed, mildly evil, mindless drones

Mmm-hmm. I'd appreciate a PM warning if anyone sees me engaging in that sort of nonsense. :)

I COMPLETELY forgot how to factor quadratic equations over the summer, and now I've got an entire worksheet on nothing but that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom