1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by hobbsyoyo, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

protip: put the oreos in the chocolate ice cream

2. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

I personally prefer choklit icecream with bits of a delicacy called 'Marroc', but it's not a bad suggestion. I'll take RT's ration of icecream and his ration of Oreos and enjoy it myself.

3. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

You left-Wing robber baron, you. You'll see. I will run an oreo cookie and chocolate ice cream distributor after the revolution and if there are no communists in the Argentine government, we will cut you off. COMPLETELY, brother. COMPLETELY.

You have spoke of marroc, before, care to refresh us on what it is? No links, please, send it to my home address.

4. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

I shall not share my sacred knowledge of pastry and chocolaterie with revisionist hegemonist Stalinist traitors, least of all the secret of Marroc. To the mines with you.

5. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

The sunset about 10 minutes ago was spectacularly red. The rant is a binary rant: Rant A is I only noticed it mere minutes before it disappeared behind a bunch of trees. Rant B is all the pictures were pure crap; both too blurry *and* couldn't make out the sun at all.

Shame too, cuz dear old Sol, from my vantage point on this godforsaken ball of rock, iron and magma, was pure red. As in, not the sky, but Sol itself appeared red.

Circumbinary Rant: It's all at the expense of those poor souls down in the south-west, thanks to flammable chemical reactions. :(

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I will change my political position from vaguely left-libertarian to Marxist-Leninist (or whatever you are) if you do that.

7. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

The one time I try to steal tech from a more advanced civ it fails and the spy is killed. 50 or so turns of trying to find the right city and preparation down the drain. You had one job, Anna. One job. My top spy gone just like that. Well, the carriers are inbound. I'll have to instruct the bomber crews to carry a bit more ordnance on their missions.

8. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Yeah, human spies really suck, whereas the AI's spies always magically work as intended. It really sucks getting into a spy-induced murder-coup spam where every other turn they do a coup in your city state and switch their allegiance, which you take back with a load of cash, which they undo a few turns later, rinse, wash, repeat.

My steam id is hobbsyoyo if you ever want to play MP. I like co-op MP versus the AI, it's a lot of fun though very time consuming.

My rant and this really ticks me off:

So when my wife worked at Head Start, they would have parent/teacher meetings and their tiny parking lot would get completely overwhelmed and people had to park in the street. They asked the church next door if they could use their lot for overflow on those nights and would arrange them so as not to interfere with any church services.

Do you know what the pastor told them? They could use the parking lot only if ALL the teachers went to bible study there EVERY weekend. WTF? Wow so let's just force people to convert to your doctrine on pain of making children's education suffer by missing important parent/teacher meetings.

How very effing christlike pastor dude. I'm sure sweet baby Jesus is proud.

But it gets worse!

So now my wife is at an elementary school and yesterday they went over plans on how to deal with 'active shooter' situations where a gunman comes in and starts shooting. The plan is for everyone to jump out the windows (it's a one-story building with really low windows) because they learned from the last elementary school massacre that staying inside the classrooms is a terrible idea. Anywhoo, these kids are supposed to jump out the windows and the teachers follow them and then they are all supposed to go down the street to a rally point. Sounds good, right?

Well that plan was put into jeopardy because they're chosen rally point, you guessed it, another church, decided they would not give the Principal of the elementary school keys to the church so the kids could hide inside. Frakking brilliant! You know those crafty primary school Principals, always playing the long-con to get those keys and raid the pews for those sweet hymn books*** and empty the collection plates!

So the school ended up changing their rally point to a bank, the owner of which was more than happy to offer shelter to targeted school children and handed over the keys to the Principal, no questions asked.

What kind of world do we live in when a banker is more morally respectable than two different pastors?

I know this isn't indicative of churches in general, but I have to say that as an atheist, the church's here have done a stellar job of ensuring I have no respect for religious institutions whatsoever, and I'm not naturally inclined to hate all religious institutions to begin with.

/rant

Seriously WTF? I'm not making this up; it's the most asinine thing I've ever heard of!

***Street value of hymn books:
    Spoiler :

9. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I need a haircut, but I can't be bothered getting one.

Also this rant has nothing on hobbs' above rant.

10. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

i too need a haircut and will probably just go get one today. But man, haircuts in the US get expensive, considering I am just doing a basic run-of-the-mill haircut for a man.

i always hate haircuts because I like having bangs/longer hair, but my hair grows unevenly and like a mullet so I am forced to get a haircut out of irritation. And I don't want to bother having to style it (eg keep the bangs but trim the rest)

11. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Come to my town. There are two old timers who charge $7/haircut. One's been doing it on the same spot on the Square since 1951. The other, by comparison, is just a young pup, but IIRC he's 67 himself...

12. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Thing is, I've been watching LPs by MadDjinn, whose spies on Deity regularly deliver him tech like clockwork. Maybe I'm missing something. As I said though, first time I've tried to steal tech from a more advanced AI, so I can't draw conclusions from such a small sample. :p

Only advice I have for protecting against CS Coups is to keep your Influence high with quests and regular inflows of gold if they aren't enough. My current game has had 3 coup attempts by Siam fail hard even without a spy guarding against it.

Hmm, I don't know about multiplayer. I have a tendency of thinking too much during my turns. And my play times are rather irregular. Sorry. :(

13. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

I'm hearing you loud and clear. I hate it so much. It's just so tedious (having said that, last haircut I had was delivered as such, and done while I sat with my feet dangling in a swimming pool so it was just tolerable)

14. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Wait, which Civilization Game are you talking about?

15. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Civ5 obviously.

16. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

I assume they've always charged seven dollars a haircut, and they don't see any reason to change.

17. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I have been feeling sad lately

18. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

Sorry to hear that mate, but it`s not all bad....

Link to video.

19. bhsup

bhsup Deity

I cannot speak to that. I can only say since 2008 that they have been at that price without changing.

20. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Thanks. It will pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.