Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...maybe ask for an x ray? My older dog gets periodic UTI's, they are caused when she gets a build of bladder stones. It's relatively cheap to get her X Rayed (I want to say it's less than $50) and helps us head off the infection by spotting and removing the stones before they become an issue. We also switched her to filtered water (we bought a filter thingy for our kitchen tap) and that has actually stopped the stones from reappearing *so far*.

Of course your case could be very different.

i had a grand dream last night where I was able to hold a conversation

big aspirations on my end

Hmmm...maybe ask for an x ray? My older dog gets periodic UTI's, they are caused when she gets a build of bladder stones. It's relatively cheap to get her X Rayed (I want to say it's less than $50) and helps us head off the infection by spotting and removing the stones before they become an issue. We also switched her to filtered water (we bought a filter thingy for our kitchen tap) and that has actually stopped the stones from reappearing *so far*.

Of course your case could be very different.
I'm not really able to say what exactly it is, but it sounds like it isn't bladder stones. Either way, we live out in the country, and the clinic we go to isn't large enough to afford fancy equipment. (A large part of there business is farm calls.)

Anyway, the bathing part wasn't too much of a struggle. (We actually have a large basin sink that worked great for him.) The hairdryer earned me some scars on my arms, though.

And finally, the usual side effects of his medicine is kicking in, so we had to give him ANOTHER bath this morning. And this was only the first morning. It's going to be a looooooooong two weeks. :(

<VRWCAgent> I have to mow today sometime. This is the 2nd sunny day now after my week of 10+" of rain. My damned yard is a jungle :(
<VRWCAgent> It's august!!! My yard should still be burnt to a crisp, not growing like the amazon :(
<VRWCAgent> Ooh, that should be in the rants thread!

I'm sorry to hear that NickyJ.

BTW, every vet should have an Xray machine, otherwise they're just quacks and not vets. It's a pretty standard piece of equipment.

That said, you do what's best for your cat and what your vet recommends. Best of luck, hope your cat turns the corner. :D

Good to see you posting again.
<VRWCAgent> I have to mow today sometime. This is the 2nd sunny day now after my week of 10+" of rain. My damned yard is a jungle :(
<VRWCAgent> It's august!!! My yard should still be burnt to a crisp, not growing like the amazon :(
<VRWCAgent> Ooh, that should be in the rants thread!
Which reminds me, we've had so much rain here that we're experiencing bad flooding everywhere. People have literally been trapped in some of the surrounding towns when the roads flooded out. And because of all the flooding, a lot of the usual highway traffic has been routed through town so we've had massive semi-truck gridlock on the main thoroughfare in town. :mad: It takes 15 minutes to go a mile across town.

Rant: my parents are attacking my Oreos!
Rise up, fellow Oreoites of the world! Against the Oreovorite Patrokracy!

:ar15:

Oreos or death!

I should make a list of things that really piss me off. One of them is ignoring what I say on a couple occasions within the same day. It does not make me happy. At all.

Rant: my parents are attacking my Oreos!
Rise up, fellow Oreoites of the world! Against the Oreovorite Patrokracy!

:ar15:

Oreos or death!

Oreos ARE death! Yeacch!
I, however, am out of chocolate ice cream. :(

Nay! Nay, I say! Well, it's all in the way he was eating them. Was Tak properly dunking them in milk? Cuz they're possibly the best dunking cookies around (though those Anzac Biscuits RLF sent me present a viable challenge to that title.)

A friend of mine, an ex-gf who is as close to me as a sister (please leave GoT references aside) went missing couple of days ago. Which of course left me freaking out and imagining all sorts of things. She checked in today, she was staying over her friends house in some god-forsaken part of the country but she didn't tell anyone. I'm relived she's okay, but I am really mad for what she put me through. It was inconsiderate to say the least after all the talks she held to me about to stop risking my life in various adrenaline junkie activities. I'm of a half a mind to go jump off a short bridge now just to spite her.

Make sure you mail her a note blaming her for everything bad that's ever happened first.

j/k That's pretty derpy of her dude. Was she chasing a boy?

Nay! Nay, I say! Well, it's all in the way he was eating them. Was Tak properly dunking them in milk? Cuz they're possibly the best dunking cookies around (though those Anzac Biscuits RLF sent me present a viable challenge to that title.)

For you, VRWCAgent, from the inimitable "Weird Al" Yankovic - who I met once in 1987 when he was on tour with the Monkees. His father was a genius Polka King from Cleveland, the Polka Town.

Link to video.

(though those Anzac Biscuits RLF sent me present a viable challenge to that title.)

Surely you look back at that video you made now and realize how insane it seemed to put savory, salty vegemite onto sweet Anzac bikkies.

Many a friend has pissed themselves laughing at that golden YouTube moment. And you were trying so hard to be nice and polite too, hilarious.

Haven't slept in 3 days. Tongue is swollen and I can't swallow and I can't even focus on anything right infront of me. Now I got home a while ago and i've been sitting here on my lap for a couple of hours instead of sleep? and i didn't even realize it. Yeah I'm a go sleepy time. Sleep.

Make sure you mail her a note blaming her for everything bad that's ever happened first.

j/k That's pretty derpy of her dude. Was she chasing a boy?

It's not a death bridge, it's just a rush because it's semi high and the waters are strong-ish. I don't know if she's was chasing a dude, but that doesn't really matter. I'm pissed because she was irresponsible and not for the first time.

The bridge makes the man, not the woman. Death bridge sounds cool tho.

P.S. Thanks Hobbz

Oreos ARE death! Yeacch!
You capitalist imperialist swine! After the revolution, you shall be reconditioned to work in an Oreo factory.
ReindeerThistle said:
I, however, am out of chocolate ice cream. :(
You deserve it.
Haven't slept in 3 days. Tongue is swollen and I can't swallow and I can't even focus on anything right infront of me. Now I got home a while ago and i've been sitting here on my lap for a couple of hours instead of sleep? and i didn't even realize it. Yeah I'm a go sleepy time. Sleep.
I can bop you one over the head whenever you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom