Random Rants XLIX - IT CHAFES MY ARSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! A great day indeed. :clap:
Try another source.

NB: sorry about the delay in your NES update, though, I am not a fan of wikipedia.

Sent via mobile.

I actually agree with you somewhat; wiki isn't the greatest source. The secondary problem is that I have (admittedly self-set) time constraints, and trying to find other sources for something as diverse as SKNES II would actually take longer than simply waiting it out.

I actually agree with you somewhat; wiki isn't the greatest source. The secondary problem is that I have (admittedly self-set) time constraints, and trying to find other sources for something as diverse as SKNES II would actually take longer than simply waiting it out.

Tru Dat. I just oppose using it as substantiating evidence. I use it for things like getting music references and discographies.

However, I know professors who will give you zero credit in a paper if you cite wikipedia.

Good luck, in either case.

Sent via mobile...

Rob Ryan, would, of course, disagree, taking a phone call at a dinner party at which Egg Nog, Sweet Tea, Leftover Mac and Cheese, Polish Food, and Chocolate Coffee are served.

Let's go get a goddamn snack!

The children playing in the backyard are too loud.
(God, I feel so old.)

The "Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund" keeps calling my cell phone. I've tried to explain that while, yes, I donated to Romney (who isn't, btw, a tea partier), I happen to think Palin, Bachmann, and most tea partiers are whackjobs and want nothing to do with them. They keep saying they will remove my number, but THEY KEEP RINGING ME THE NEXT DAY!!!

If 404-793-3862 calls you, answer something like "thank you for contacting the Houston office of Occupy Wall Street, how can I help you?"

V, just answer 'Jimmy Carter Appreciation Centre' every time they call.

Rant: term's about to start.

So my puppy finally learned to ring the bell to go out. Seems like a rave and normally it would be. But there a few problems:

Puppy thinks ringing the bell just means 'happy fun time express'. He rings the bell when he's bored. He rings the bell when he's hungry. He rings the bell when he wants to play. He rings the bell when he wants to sit outside and look at the trees and eat some grass. He rings the bell when he's excited.

So he only rings the bell to actually use the bathroom 1/10 of the time and if we don't take him out every single time, that is guaranteed to be the time when he needs to go and will poop on the carpet.

The other issue is that we have new neighbors that moved in across from us. There is between 3 and 10 people living there now. It's hard to get an exact count because it seems to be a rapidly changing cast of characters and they have friends over a lot. This is only a problem because they all like to hang out outside. All the damn time. Even then, it's only an issue because my dogs are extreme barkers.

So the drill goes: puppy rings the bell for the fifteenth time in an hour and I take him out and the two dogs give their loudest murder-scream barks for the fifteenth time in an hour because our neighbors are outside hanging out. I feel awful about it because I'm sure it's quite annoying to the entire complex. It also annoys the hell out of me when they bark like that and they don't listen to me telling them to stop. Then there is the times where I have to put them out late at night or early in the morning and of course, the neighbors are out there and my dogs wake everyone up.

We have only one entrance to the apartment so there's no way to really avoid it.

:mad:

It's stressing me out.

I'm beginning to wonder if my 10 year HS re-union I attended last week was a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation, at least with regards to my depression.

On one hand, it was great seeing lots of old acquaintances and catching up and having fun at the party and exchanging contacts; but seeing them having had way better lives than mine could ever be, I can't help but be envious, not to mention way too many strong Forever Alone feelings.

On the other hand, had I not gone, I'd have been plagued with regret for missing out on the fun, and just as many strong Forever Alone feelings, and been just as depressed and forever alone-ish.

So. Yeah. :(

But regardless, at least I had a good time while it lasted. :)

@VR - he won't even drink beer :(

@PE - focus on the fun you had and tune out the negativity

@VR - he won't even drink beer :(

@PE - focus on the fun you had and tune out the negativity

@Hobbs, where did you get this dog - the Temperance society? Maybe get a dog whisperer.

@Plutonian: yes, do focus on the fun. I never go to HS reunions because I am way too busy. I am 45, high school was less than 10% of my life and now 27 years ago. I retained 3 friends from that era -- and really 2 their parents I stay in touch with.

I would one day like to go just to hit them with a Grosse Pointe Blank line:
Smug White Collar Criminal Defense Attorney:"What do you do these days, RT?"

RT: "Communist Revolutionary"

"Wow... You get dental with that?"

Then I can regail them with stories of my exploits.

Then they will finally take me off the invite list.

RT - I don't know man, I can't believe he doesn't like beer. All dogs like beer, right?

PE - I don't have any contact or any plans to contact any from high school. That you can still have a good time with them is a huge blessing.

Does it being a small town (population sub-5k)help at all? My graduating class was about 280 people, give or take a dozen. 50 showed up, but while some might call that a bust, most agreed it was great time. There was no band, but a karaoke machine, yet it was entertaining. :)

Spoiler earth-shattering kaboom of a shocker :
A girl did manage to get me to dance with her. :mischief:

So, I'd say a lot of the folks that attended were the nicer down-to-earth kinda folks, upon initial perspective. :) Only one guy was ridiculously drunk. Came drunk, left drunker. :lol:

Does it being a small town (population sub-5k)help at all? My graduating class was about 280 people, give or take a dozen. 50 showed up, but while some might call that a bust, most agreed it was great time. There was no band, but a karaoke machine, yet it was entertaining. :)

Spoiler earth-shattering kaboom of a shocker :
A girl did manage to get me to dance with her. :mischief:

So, I'd say a lot of the folks that attended were the nicer down-to-earth kinda folks, upon initial perspective. :) Only one guy was ridiculously drunk. Came drunk, left drunker. :lol:

Not for my situation, really. I moved far away from Fayetteville NC after I dropped out of school for the last time and never looked back. :D

Joyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoy.

The cat SEEMS to have ANOTHER urinary tract infection (Emphasis on seems, since the vet couldn't get a sample of urine from him. We're just going off of how this is exactly like last April's case.) After getting the usual prescription, we put him in the carrier, took him home, and discovered his belly was soaked in what smelled like alcohol. :)huh:) So now comes the fun adventure of bathing a cat. I post this while waiting for the new hairdryer to be brought from the store.

Joyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoyjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom