Random Rants XVII: Rage Against the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a nighttime stroll butt naked?
I don't know how this happened. I have the tenancy to walk around my dorm with nothing but a cover draping me, but I don't know what could have bitten me.

Granted I've gotten a splinter or two on my weenis in the past. Idk how.

Year 11 and year 12 get to use microwaves so I brought cooked from home and heat them at school :D

Rant: There's six microwaves between 300 students. Though not everyone uses the microwaves the line is still pretty long. If you're unlucky you might get to eat your lunch 30 minutes into lunchtime (which is 40 minutes long)

Lunch here is split in 2 groups and it's supposed to be 25 minutes long each.

We probably have around 100-150 students per lunch and 1 microwave. Nobody uses it though :p
Anyway, not enough people bring their own lunch, so by the time the last kid in line gets his food he's got about 15 minutes to eat it.
Oh, also, most lunches I could eat a whole tray and still be quite hungry... another reason to BYOL
Fortunately meals are only about $2 here though, so students aren't getting ripped off as bad as some of you are.

Rant: I have to write out problems in Geometry. :rolleyes:

As if my teacher can't read the printed text in the answer book, but instead somehow needs to read my handwriting to understand the problem :hammer2: :huh: :hmm: :crazyeye:

I hate sitting and waiting to be able to do my work. The scheduled machine maintenance is running late today (2 hours and counting), and I have to run some tests on the machine when they're done. I should be heading home right about now, instead of waiting to be able to do my work. :(

I hate sitting and waiting to be able to do my work. The scheduled machine maintenance is running late today (2 hours and counting), and I have to run some tests on the machine when they're done. I should be heading home right about now, instead of waiting to be able to do my work. :(

I have only one rule, and I tend to follow it: If you're not 100% certain what is going to happen, bring a book. ;)

I have only one rule, and I tend to follow it: If you're not 100% certain what is going to happen, bring a book. ;)
I do have a book with me. And internet access.

And I was just told it's going to be at least another hour yet before I can get started. One of the physics students was working late and had a problem on a different machine that had to be fixed, and they've just gotten back to the machine I'm waiting on. I think it's time to go get some dinner, given that I was supposed to leave work an hour ago.

Arg the phone line for the Thai place I want to place a pick-up order with is busy.

i have to learn calculus in a week

That sounds like a problem that some of us on here could possibly help a little with, depending on your situation. So what's the cause for panic - is it needed for another class (catching up on pre-reqs is not as bad as you might think) or something more difficult like a major exam you have to take and aren't prepared for?

Speaking of machines.

My car broke down in the road today for no reason. Temps were within normal ranges, it had gas and it had driven about 30 miles already that day.

It got towed to the shop but now it works again. I can't trust the damn thing anymore. I'm going to stay off the highway for the next couple weeks in case the problem comes back and I have to bail.

I have a bug bite on my penis.

(I hope)

nb4 useless w/o pix

That sounds like aids. You'll probaly be dead in a weak.

I just microwaved some hot dogs because I was hungry before bed, now I feel slightly ill. The burrito I had earlier from the mexican food stand at work didn't end so great either.

Need to start eating better.

i have to learn calculus in a week

Ah, now you're British so you gonna have to clarify that: do you mean the stuff that Americans call 'calculus' or do you mean the stuff that Brits (or at least, the ones I've met) call 'calculus' and Americans call 'precalculus'?

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/107602/12-words-you-can-never-say-in-the-office.html

Stupid, stupid article! :mad: :mad:

I've paraphrased some parts of the quote to avoid a warning..

<VRWCAgent> That article (makes me angry)
<VRWCAgent> There IS more to the internet than the world wide web.
<VRWCAgent> Just because stupid kids today may not know what usenet or ftp or gopher is, that's not my (darned) problem and they can bloody well look at me like an old coot if they want to, but at least I know what the (heck) I'm talking about.
<VRWCAgent> Oh, and to touch on another one, MY PDA isn't a frikking smartphone. It's just a PDA. My phone is a phone and my pda is a pda, so they can take their smartphone and (perform a bit of push technology with it).
<VRWCAgent> AND I do still have landline long distance service.
<VRWCAgent> So (there)

I didn't want to implicate you in that chat group if your presence there wasn't widely known :) But seeing as how you link to it in your sig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom