Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons were giving their mother a hard time, whining, crying etc., about going to daycare today... because its a holiday and they had their hearts set on getting to spend the day at home... so I took the day off to accommodate them.

But the joke's on them, cause they thought they were going to spend the day playing videogames and watching NETFLIX... instead they're outside spending the day bagging leaves.
Michael Kyle, what have you done?

Eating some more meat substitutes lately and they are delicious. I could definitely swear off buying meat again if I had these available

Rave: Seeing Phrossack post in a raves thread!

(You got a little gloomy at one stretch, dude.)

Rave: Seeing Phrossack post in a raves thread!

(You got a little gloomy at one stretch, dude.)
Have I ever not been gloomy? :p It's still my default state, but every now and then things work out okay in life. Even I am pleased by tasty comestibles

Last edited:
There was some real Hallmark/Lifetime movie quality snow today. The best I've ever seen. Made dozens of perfect snowballs.

Just installed a new power supply in my computer and it booted again. Hopefully no more BSODs now.

Getting in one last day of hunting tomorrow, definitely my last of the season as the days are growing very short and winter is coming. I'm stoked. Don't really care if I bag a bird or not, I just desperately need some air and some pulse now. Last month or so has been pretty damn lazy so it's just the ticket.

A very nice christmas Mary indeed!! At first glance I didn't see your shoulders so it looked like you had a massive head with a muppet like body :lol:

Photo taken against skintone painted walls creates interesting effects! Film at eleven!

What's a light festival? It sounds interesting.

What's a light festival? It sounds interesting.

I see you've never been to a heavy festival. there's lots of beer and psychedelics and men in leather and huge amps and all the bands can only play one note and they hold that note for hours... that sort of thing. a light festival is the antithesis of a heavy festival.

"Festival" is maybe the wrong word.
Some cities here (Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Maastricht) put up in the dark times of the year various light installations through the city. Most often along a scenic path through the city. Eindhoven is probably the biggest here, and along the track are also various stands for food and drinks.
So basically an evening of walking around and watching awesome stuff :D.

Here's a video from one of the main attractions:

Hmmm. I really did think ycj was engaging in Djerman humour.

If you like that kind of thing and you're ever in Buenos Aires you'd better take advantage of la noche de los museos (museum night, all museums in the city open for free!) and la noche de las heladerías (all artisanal ice-cream shops go all-out).

My self care regime has me on the mend. Food, sleep, hot water, ice water, kept warm, vitamins, deep breathing (except on the worst day, yesterday), and even a little happy hanging out at 5am with two buddies who came back from the warehouse techno party I got sick and missed. I have to be all the way better by Tuesday when I fly into The Worst Air in the World for Thanksgiving.

...when I fly into The Worst Air in the World for Thanksgiving.
You are going to Beijing for Thanksgiving? Or do your travels take you to Mexico City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom