Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

I generally get some variation of being called a liar. The hard right is so committed to their "democrats are country hating communists" bit that the idea that a veteran, particularly a cold war era veteran, could possibly be one is frequently just too much for them.

Wow, seeing how easy is it to misinterpret due to preconceptions, i was thinking that when they thanked you for your service , you would tell them to go jump in a lake or somethng...

Last edited:
Wow, seeing how easy is it to misinterpret due to perconceptions, i was thinking that when they thanked you for your service , you would tell them to go jump in a lake or somethng...

Ah...no, I was saying the veteran/Democrat would be disappointed, not the person saying "thank you for your service." I guess to be honest, in most cases I'm far more identifiable as a supporter of Democrats than as a veteran, and frequently my own service only comes up after some clown has said something about my "lack of gratitude for the brave men who served" or something like that.

Well, i have great respect for those who serve, so i do sincerely thank you. Nuclear sub, years? Rank? Any SC disabilities?

80-88, E6, though I was up for the chief board when I bailed. No disabilities to collect on, but I do have some hearing loss. And you're welcome.

After visiting the radio station's website 50 times in two days to see what song was playing, I came to an easier solution: set it up as a web-panel in Vivaldi browser! And it works nicely. :)

My sons were giving their mother a hard time, whining, crying etc., about going to daycare today... because its a holiday and they had their hearts set on getting to spend the day at home... so I took the day off to accommodate them.

But the joke's on them, cause they thought they were going to spend the day playing videogames and watching NETFLIX... instead they're outside spending the day bagging leaves.

Last edited:
You meanie! :D

Today's a holiday for me, so I have a short week this week, and then I'm off next week! And after today I only have 19 and a half days of work left this year, while I have 15 and a half days off! After my week off for Thanksgiving, I got to work for three weeks, but I'm taking a half day on Friday the 14th, which really means I work for like forty minutes first thing in the morning to send out my reports and then I sign out, and I don't go back until January 2nd. Well my mind is sort of really getting into a holiday mood right now and I think I'm going to have difficulty focusing!

My sons were giving their mother a hard time, whining, crying etc., about going to daycare today... because its a holiday and they had their hearts set on getting to get to spend the day at home... so I took the day off to accommodate them.

But the joke's on them, cause they thought they were going to spend playing videogames and watching NETFLIX... instead they're outside spending the day bagging leaves.

Well done.

Similar lesson in raising sons:

Spoiler :
One time we had to move, when my boys were preschool age. We were living in this large townhouse complex that we really liked, but our landlord decided to be a jerk, so we just found a different unit with a different owner and rented that, basically moving about a tenth of a mile down the block. This called for no moving trucks and such, I just gathered a bunch of my buddies and carried all our furniture and boxes down the sidewalk.

So, there's this sailor parade shuttling back and forth. My wife is cleaning up our old place. I'm directing stuff into position at the new place (no wife decision making required since it is the exact same floor plan and stuff just needs to be put back "where it was") and adding extra beef to maneuver stuff through the doors and up the stairs and such as needed.

Aaaaaaand, here comes my wife with three preschoolers in tow, mad as a hornet. "I can't get anything done with these guys underfoot! Every time I turn around they want a sandwich, or they want to know where their toys are, or they are in someone's way and I'm supposed to do something about it because I'm the mom..." I'll spare you the part of the rant about how unfair it is that the mom always gets "saddled with the kids" and my own confusion about the fact that I had actually suggested taking the kids with me in the first place and been summarily dismissed. Anyway, she storms off, and I have these three boys.

I immediately pointed to a large suitcase that I knew was packed with their clothes and said "take that up to your room." I told my crew to shift to moving downstairs stuff for a while, and proceeded to unpack the kitchen and get everything put away in preparation for the tropical drinks blowout scheduled for the evening. Took about half an hour for the three monkeys to work the suitcase football up to the landing, where they decided they needed a break and went upstairs to their room and played with their toys for the rest of the day. Didn't hear a peep from them until their mom turned up.

Well done.

Similar lesson in raising sons:

Spoiler :
One time we had to move, when my boys were preschool age. We were living in this large townhouse complex that we really liked, but our landlord decided to be a jerk, so we just found a different unit with a different owner and rented that, basically moving about a tenth of a mile down the block. This called for no moving trucks and such, I just gathered a bunch of my buddies and carried all our furniture and boxes down the sidewalk.

So, there's this sailor parade shuttling back and forth. My wife is cleaning up our old place. I'm directing stuff into position at the new place (no wife decision making required since it is the exact same floor plan and stuff just needs to be put back "where it was") and adding extra beef to maneuver stuff through the doors and up the stairs and such as needed.

Aaaaaaand, here comes my wife with three preschoolers in tow, mad as a hornet. "I can't get anything done with these guys underfoot! Every time I turn around they want a sandwich, or they want to know where their toys are, or they are in someone's way and I'm supposed to do something about it because I'm the mom..." I'll spare you the part of the rant about how unfair it is that the mom always gets "saddled with the kids" and my own confusion about the fact that I had actually suggested taking the kids with me in the first place and been summarily dismissed. Anyway, she storms off, and I have these three boys.

I immediately pointed to a large suitcase that I knew was packed with their clothes and said "take that up to your room." I told my crew to shift to moving downstairs stuff for a while, and proceeded to unpack the kitchen and get everything put away in preparation for the tropical drinks blowout scheduled for the evening. Took about half an hour for the three monkeys to work the suitcase football up to the landing, where they decided they needed a break and went upstairs to their room and played with their toys for the rest of the day. Didn't hear a peep from them until their mom turned up.

Yep... chores are a great cure-all for whining brattiness.

Yep... chores are a great cure-all for whining brattiness.

The more charitable would say that kids are just always looking for something to do. I could sympathize with them pestering her, because when I have a moment where I'm sort of in between and not doing anything specific my own first idle thought is often about a sandwich.

Today is my one year anniversary of being free (mostly) from my long term abusive relationship.

I'd been with him for almost nine years, and he and I had been living together for most of that. He started out nice and everything, but he slowly isolated me and conditioned me to a point where I was under his control. He had me move across the country, away from my friends and all my support system, and I was emotionally dependent on him. At first he and I were both low income earners, and we worked together paying our bills and such, but I was always better at saving than he was, and he had bad credit card debt in his name he wasn't able to pay, so for things like rental agreements and later mortgages, everything had to be in my name.

Well anyway I'm sorry, my career went better than his, and after I had my first good promotion to a good job about six years ago, I think is when things really started to get bad. I've spoken to a friend who is a psychologist, and he thinks as I was earning more money my boyfriend might've started feeling more desperate to control me and to keep my self confidence and my esteem from getting too high. He did a lot of little things to make me feel bad about myself, if I'm making sense?

Some of his worst things were how he gaslighted me, making me feel like I was doing so many things wrong and how out of control of my life I was, and how much I needed him. He'd make me feel like everything was always my fault, even when he'd get really angry and violent, he made me believe it as my fault for causing him to get that way, and I had to apologize and always make up for what I'd done wrong, because of how I mistreated him. He guilted me into sexual acts I wasn't comfortable with then, and one time he hit me on my jaw and I ended up needing a root canal, because his impact loosened my tooth just slightly enough to start an abscess and cause an infection (I didn't have a cavity, but it's where he hit me and my pain started not long afterward, that was one of my worst physical experiences in my life).

And things got really bad after he lost his job, he was out of work for about six months, and he was home all the time (I work from my home office, so I saw him too much). All he'd do was play video games, watch sports, and drink beer. He gained about a hundred and fifty pounds, and even though I'm working full time I still did everything like cleaning, cooking, laundry, and such and such. Things finally got really bad when he talked about how my baby brother should be euthanized (my brother has severe Down's Syndrome), and that was finally when I knew he was a truly horrible person and I couldn't live with him any more. I'd been secretly saving up some money, because I'm a saver and I didn't want him to know because he'd just spend it, but I gave all of that to him if he'd just leave, and he took my money and he left on November 14th 2017. He's called me a few times since then, but I've never seen him again, he moved back to Canada and as far as I know he's alienated almost everyone by now.

Oh dear I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, but really I'm feeling so much happier now, it's been a whole year for me. I'm finding it easier to talk about, I accidentally shared with some of my other friends last night while I was heavily intoxicated and I probably went way too far with my sharing, lol! But anyway, it took me a long time to realize just how bad things were (I didn't recognize my situation as abuse until months after he left), and talking about it now feels like a huge release for me. My next steps I think are making sure it never happens to me again, and once I'm feeling completely recovered and comfortable I feel I'll probably need to do more, to help other women raise awareness of what might be going on and how they can also help themselves.

Today is my one year anniversary of being free (mostly) from my long term abusive relationship.

I'd been with him for almost nine years, and he and I had been living together for most of that. He started out nice and everything, but he slowly isolated me and conditioned me to a point where I was under his control. He had me move across the country, away from my friends and all my support system, and I was emotionally dependent on him. At first he and I were both low income earners, and we worked together paying our bills and such, but I was always better at saving than he was, and he had bad credit card debt in his name he wasn't able to pay, so for things like rental agreements and later mortgages, everything had to be in my name.

Well anyway I'm sorry, my career went better than his, and after I had my first good promotion to a good job about six years ago, I think is when things really started to get bad. I've spoken to a friend who is a psychologist, and he thinks as I was earning more money my boyfriend might've started feeling more desperate to control me and to keep my self confidence and my esteem from getting too high. He did a lot of little things to make me feel bad about myself, if I'm making sense?

Some of his worst things were how he gaslighted me, making me feel like I was doing so many things wrong and how out of control of my life I was, and how much I needed him. He'd make me feel like everything was always my fault, even when he'd get really angry and violent, he made me believe it as my fault for causing him to get that way, and I had to apologize and always make up for what I'd done wrong, because of how I mistreated him. He guilted me into sexual acts I wasn't comfortable with then, and one time he hit me on my jaw and I ended up needing a root canal, because his impact loosened my tooth just slightly enough to start an abscess and cause an infection (I didn't have a cavity, but it's where he hit me and my pain started not long afterward, that was one of my worst physical experiences in my life).

And things got really bad after he lost his job, he was out of work for about six months, and he was home all the time (I work from my home office, so I saw him too much). All he'd do was play video games, watch sports, and drink beer. He gained about a hundred and fifty pounds, and even though I'm working full time I still did everything like cleaning, cooking, laundry, and such and such. Things finally got really bad when he talked about how my baby brother should be euthanized (my brother has severe Down's Syndrome), and that was finally when I knew he was a truly horrible person and I couldn't live with him any more. I'd been secretly saving up some money, because I'm a saver and I didn't want him to know because he'd just spend it, but I gave all of that to him if he'd just leave, and he took my money and he left on November 14th 2017. He's called me a few times since then, but I've never seen him again, he moved back to Canada and as far as I know he's alienated almost everyone by now.

Oh dear I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, but really I'm feeling so much happier now, it's been a whole year for me. I'm finding it easier to talk about, I accidentally shared with some of my other friends last night while I was heavily intoxicated and I probably went way too far with my sharing, lol! But anyway, it took me a long time to realize just how bad things were (I didn't recognize my situation as abuse until months after he left), and talking about it now feels like a huge release for me. My next steps I think are making sure it never happens to me again, and once I'm feeling completely recovered and comfortable I feel I'll probably need to do more, to help other women raise awareness of what might be going on and how they can also help themselves.
He sounds like a terribly insecure and irresponsible narcissist, an aweful pitiful person.

I accidentally shared with some of my other friends last night while I was heavily intoxicated and I probably went way too far with my sharing, lol!
If you're referring to the post I read elsewhere, it seems that it was a catharsis you really needed. The only person who thought otherwise ended up with a temp ban, so not to worry. You have people on both sites who genuinely care about you. :hug:

rave: randomly happened across some No Boundaries (rapidly becoming one of my favorite brands) 'super plush' leggings while shopping for other things. They live up to their name, plush indeed.

They canceled school for tomorrow. The forecast is for a large amount of relatively light rain the whole day, at temperatures hovering just above 32 F - although they're expecting a bit of sleet in the western, more mountainous, less well-roaded part of the school district.

I'm not complaining. In fact, I am so merry.

They canceled school for tomorrow. The forecast is for a large amount of relatively light rain the whole day, at temperatures hovering just above 32 F - although they're expecting a bit of sleet in the western, more mountainous, less well-roaded part of the school district.
UPDATE: Temperature dipped a bit and it ended up snowing rather than wintry-mixing. The roads are an ungodly mess with all the people who do have to go in to work today. Good call by the school district!

I will now play Battlefield V.

UPDATE: Temperature dipped a bit and it ended up snowing rather than wintry-mixing. The roads are an ungodly mess with all the people who do have to go in to work today. Good call by the school district!

I will now play Battlefield V.

Feds didn't cancel anything so I had to go in this morning. The metro wasn't actually that bad, just a lil crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom