Random Raves 37 - Already CFC is returning to harmony

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lust after Byzantion, Kyriakos, and have a Christian name. You are clearly not Greek by those standards. :p

Rave: on the bus with Joecoolyo's half-black doppelgänger!

Booked my flight to New York for next weekend! Super excited, will be there all of Saturday (landing at 9:30am), Sunday, and my flight home is Monday at 7pm or so.

NYRB rep is calling me back soon about my ticket, then all I gotta do is nail down the hotel and I'm set!

It is not enough to speak greek; you have to be greek. The classical phrase went "Anyone (who is) not greek is a barbarian" (Πας μη έλλην βάρβαρος). Damn str8.
Then are the Makedonijans Greek or not? That question has stood unsolved for over twenty-three centuries now.
Kyriakos said:
Anyway, for SJW feed: One of the more trolling quotes attributed to Thales was that
"I am happy that i was born human and not animal,
man and not woman,
and greek and not barbarian".

Democritos had a number of quotes about how more able in regards to shadowy plotting women were, though. Also: "Some men controlled whole cities, but were themselves controlled by women".
Have you not heard that a married man does whatever the hell he wants, and his wife will think about whether to allow him to or not?
You lust after Byzantion, Kyriakos, and have a Christian name. You are clearly not Greek by those standards. :p
He simply lusts after the city. ;)

That's a bit creepy thing he has for some city. I mean, I could understand things like Hagia Sophia, or...what else is there to that place, anyway? But the entire city-thing, with the sewers and the places where poor people live?

There wouldn't be any poverty if it weren't for those Tourks.

Also, where do you stand on the Makedonijan issue, Comrade Tolnić?

Then are the Makedonijans Greek or not? That question has stood unsolved for over twenty-three centuries now.

Don't matter

Inde lupae fuluo nutricis tegmine laetus
Romulus excipiet gentem et Mauortia condet
moenia Romanosque suo de nomine dicet.
His ego nec metas rerum nec tempora pono:
imperium sine fine dedi. Quin aspera Juno,
quae mare nunc terrasque metu caelumque fatigat,
consilia in melius referet, mecumque fouebit
Romanos, rerum dominos gentemque togatam.
Sic placitum. Veniet lustris labentibus aetas
cum domus Assaraci Phthiam clarasque Mycenas
seruitio premet ac uictis dominabitur Argis.
Nascetur pulchra Troianus origine Caesar,
imperium Oceano, famam qui terminet astris,
Iulius, a magno demissum nomen Iulo.
Hunc tu olim caelo spoliis Orientis onustum
accipies secura; uocabitur hic quoque uotis.

qui non romanus certe barbarus est

Niiiice, I just got my NYRB vs TFC ticket! $22.. Thanks a lot red patch boys supporter group forums! Maybe I'll meet some of y'all at the game. Now to book a hotel.

Saying "zee" (when spelling my name) over the phone was weird, but the rep appreciated it, I think, after I initially went with the more rolls-off-the-tongue "zed" and he sounded confused.. But not too annoyed or anything, from the sounds of it the guy deals with more irate and less pleasant fans.

You complain about Romans? What about the story in Epizod's Народът на дуло then?

That's a bit creepy thing he has for some city. I mean, I could understand things like Hagia Sophia, or...what else is there to that place, anyway? But the entire city-thing, with the sewers and the places where poor people live?

I don't think creepy things like that. As for the Constantinople, i think it would be cool if around the byz monumens the rest is blown up or collapsed hundreds of meters in a massive landslide. Would be a cool mega-monument.

What do you mean? Who? Sorry, you are breaking out.

See, this is what happens when you claim to be a Roman for too long, when you're just the Emperor of the Greeks.

They don't speak Greek, they don't drink wine. They're worse than fools. They are uncivilised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom