Random Raves : Tank Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rave: Got a tad drunk tonight for once, and tomorrow night there's an Irish folk music concert for St. Pat's. Nice.

Rave: Just gotten a rare Delta Airlines 757 1/200th scale model ^^.

Beannachtaí na féile pádraig oraibh go léir.

Get back to the potato farm!

-St. Patrick's day greeting as transcribed from British sources.

Rave: Irish concert tonight was outstanding!

I have a holiday for Newroz so I'm back in Sulaymaniyah. I missed it but I'm already kind of bored. I had not noticed it was St. Patrick's Day but went out drinking with a couple friends anyway by coincidence, nothing fancy just in the car. Not an unusual thing either so maybe not such a coincidence.

new kdot album so gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

had my best 3 running days so far for 2015! well behind where I was at last year at this time (had a strong march and a fairly OK february/april)

but today dipped under 7:00 min/mile on my nearly 4 mile run (~3.95-4.0, not sure. That's 6.37ish km) for the first time in 2015! Did 27:31.

Things are continuing to progress well post-date. She responded to my follow up text and now we've been having an extensive conversation about all manner of things. I'm starting to get excited.

I own a CD collection of Mozart's Divertimenti. They're not by any means his masterpieces (except they include Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, which is highly regarded). But generally, they're thought of as the Musak of his day, slight pieces that the aristocrats who commissioned them would have had playing in the background as they played a game of cards or whatever, wouldn't really even have attended to them. I haven't listened to all the divertimenti in this 5 CD set. Today I have the time, so I put on one of them I'd not yet listened to.

Within four seconds, I am having a sensation of unchained glee. My CD player, as most do, has a display that shows how much time has elapsed on the song you're playing. I glanced down at it. Four seconds had passed. I'm four seconds into the first movement and I'm feeling off-the-hook joy (pretty much sustained for the 30 minutes of the divertimento).

I hadn't been feeling down beforehand. I hadn't put on music with any idea of lifting my mood. I'd been in a basically fine frame of mind, no emotions one way or the other, really. And within four seconds, I'm positively elated. Four seconds!

How does one do that? How can four seconds of anything utterly alter a person's entire mood? (Get your heads out of the gutter; there's a good bit of lead-up to that four seconds.)

So, rave: Mozart. Four friggin' seconds of Mozart.

I have the complete works of Mozart on CD.

A lot of it is pretty indifferent stuff (and not just the quality of the performances). Though much is delightful, I have the feeling he's a bit formulaic at times.

Still, I do like him.

Rave: After a lousy day, I listened to a video of a speech by a German politician in Nordrhein-Westfalen delivered in Plattdüütsch.

And I understood most of it, pretty much just as well as if it were in Hochdeutsch! Although it wasn't very thick, and maybe he's not a native speaker. Plus, there are lots of variations in Platt. But still!

New GPU arrived, installing it and everything, I will now finally be able to experience Modern Graphix in a few minutes or so. :D

(Granted, it's a GTX 750 ti so it's not top of the line uber sexy OVER 9000 fps, but it'll do the job.)

Just found out Rhyno released another album

People in wiktionary use star cruisers to define credit. Find of the day.

I had my second date with that girl yesterday. We went out for coffee and then perused an used bookstore. We ended up having the "Well, what are we?" talk, which neither of us were planning to have, but we are glad we did. Suffice it to say, she's going to back up in the area in two weeks time, and we're going to go out again. After that, we'll decide whether or not to make it official.

But Verarde is happy. Very happy. :D

Free pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom