1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Thoughts 0o10: Special Limited Deluxe Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aimeeandbeatles, Nov 20, 2019.

1. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I'm....not surprised. :dunno:

Lexicus likes this.
  2. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Palatino linotype is one of my faves!!

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  3. aimeeandbeatles

I have a bunch of different themes for FocusWriter. I've modified a lot of them to use one of those three fonts. Except for the ones that use Courier Prime or san-serifs. And one that looks like WordPerfect and uses Fixedsys. :lol:

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I turned in way too many college papers in that font and I would not recommend.

5. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Honestly, I thought the alternate numbering was cute once or twice, but I feel it got really old really fast. I never said anything because I don't really care about the numbers, but I could see how annoying it could be to someone who does care and is trying to keep track of things.

And I really don't like that attitude of "If you complain when you're annoyed, you're just as bad," to me that feels like part of the basic bully's playbook, sort of like "Lighten up, I'm only joking." If someone's bothered then they're bothered, and I feel it's very inconsiderate to aggressively dismiss someone's feelings like that. I wish I had @Valka D'Ur's maturity level to know when I should just get out of a discussion.

6. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I dunno, I used to leave my friend's house when we wouldn't play the video game I wanted to play....in elementary school....I grew out of that...

Hygro likes this.
  7. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Well, it sounds there like you were trying to simply be selfish, and possibly manipulate your friend into doing what you want? I feel in Valka's case (and what I wish I was better at), is realizing when a conversation is making you upset and your continued participation isn't going to be in any way constructive.

8. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Well, I have a different interpretation, but I don't want to get into it any further.

Phrossack and MaryKB like this.
  9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Dudes me too! I wish it wasn't unprofessional to use your own fonts in documents because I'd totally do everything in Palatino Linotype

Lexicus likes this.
  10. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Rave: Christmas cards sent.

Rant: Stuff has been taking ages to be delivered lately. The last card I sent to the US took 22 days to arrive. I've sent Christmas cards over a month in advance and there's a decent chance that some of them won't even show up until a few days before the holidays. Usually, even sending to Alabama/Florida takes 10 days at most. These past couple months, that'd be a miracle.

Lexicus and hobbsyoyo like this.
  11. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

So I decided the jump on the NNN challenge this year for some silly reason. Been fine up until recently, no stress, guess that means I'm getting old. But just lately I'm starting to feel off and frustrated. Feels kinda unhealthy tbh. Gotta see it through though.

12. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I raised the issue in the first place because being annoyed by others is a personal thing that one has some power to control. Similarly, doing annoying things can be controlled by the perpetrator too. In a community it takes a balance on both sides if we are to maintain civility. At CFC we have at least three ways keep things in balance; pm the originator of the annoying behavior and tell them that xyz is very annoying to you; post in thread that xyz is annoying; or report the post to a moderator.

And while we (anyone person) have less control over how people post other than to bring their annoying behavior to their attention (see above), we have 100% control over how we respond. We can ignore it. We can grit our teeth and swallow our dismay (not usually good for our well being). We can publicly complain in some manner. We can privately complain. Thread numbering seems to generate a lot of varied public complaining. Has alternate numbering reached the level that it is trolling? just asking...;)

I do not oppose complaining when one gets annoyed; that is a personal choice, but I would suggest that it is important look at why you are annoyed in the first place. Is it the person? The repetition? Perhaps it is their unique style of posting. Annoyances are not the same as meanness. I think that each of us is capable of controlling what we find annoying. :)

The_J and Phrossack like this.
  13. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

What is NNN? I can't figure out the abreviation :(

14. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Birdjaguar likes this.
  15. Synsensa

It's his commitment to not think of you for an entire month.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  16. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Wait, what?

17. Synsensa

18. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Nonono, there's no controlling the thoughts, just whether or not you act on them. And I make up for that the rest of the year.

Birdjaguar and Synsensa like this.
  19. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Will I be getting one on Steam? *puppy eyes*

20. aimeeandbeatles

There are Christmas cards on Steam?