Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, the situation in Vancouver is absolutely insane. A property just this side of condemned will sell for no less than one million dollars, probably closer to two million, depending on the location. Canadians are being priced out of their own country in that area, and the recently-implemented tax on foreign ownership came far too little, far too late.

FFS, some celebrities' homes in the U.S. are cheaper than ordinary houses in cities like Vancouver and Toronto.

Guys, the situation in Vancouver is absolutely insane. A property just this side of condemned will sell for no less than one million dollars, probably closer to two million, depending on the location. Canadians are being priced out of their own country in that area, and the recently-implemented tax on foreign ownership came far too little, far too late.

FFS, some celebrities' homes in the U.S. are cheaper than ordinary houses in cities like Vancouver and Toronto.

836 sqft in a strata. Yours for only $900,000!

Vancouverans might as well occupy their residences so that they have a chance of continuing to live there for the foreseable future

Vancouverans might as well occupy their residences so that they have a chance of continuing to live there for the foreseable future
The problem is that some people buy houses there because they want to flip them, or they're foreign buyers who only want to use them occasionally, rent them out (ie. AirBnB), are laundering money, or all of the above. It's gotten to the point where some places are serious about implementing a "vacant home" tax. In other words, if you own a dwelling and deliberately leave it empty, you're going to pay more property tax than if there was someone living there.

I meant ''occupy'' as in ''squat''. If foreign owners own a bunch of houses in Vancouver without filling them, they should be filled anyway by people who actually need somewhere to live.

What's that when it's at home?

I was asking what that day signifies to you, but I guess it's to do with VE Day?

well if what you're asking is if it's the day Nazi Germany gave up that's correct

I think I was kinda supposed to put out the flag, but I forgot to do that

Depends. If by Ecstasy you mean pure mdma, one can't say it's categorically stupid to take, as it's a relatively safe chemical. But like you later pointed out, if your talking about a pill you do not know the content of, then yes it is very stupid indeed to consume it.
People with heart conditions need to be wary of a great deal of things so applying that to general advise isn't all that fitting.

Many people have heart conditions but they do not know it, so not unecessarily taking such chemicals is fair advice.

Many people have heart conditions but they do not know it, so not unecessarily taking such chemicals is fair advice.
^Yes, that's my whole point (besides, you know, actually having lost friends who want to get high, no matter what they use as long as they get high, which hints at a bigger problem…). If a person is already on medication for a heart condition and they take mdma, regardless of whether it's adulterated or not, they're playing Russian roulette.

Look, we all agree on the bottom line, don't consume chemicals that can interact with medications or existing health conditions.

But applying plausible heart condition as a basis for general advise just doesn't add up. Many people with heart condition need to be very wary of strenuous physical activity, yet you can't advise people not to exercise because of that. General advise needs to be based on hard facts and statistics, so a correct risk assessment can be made. Any ideology (for or against) on drug use should not be a factor in that.

Is there anything I can take to put me to sleep that won't make me feel like I'm dying when I get up? Benadryl does that.

Infracted for inappropriate behaviour.
Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anything I can take to put me to sleep that won't make me feel like I'm dying when I get up? Benadryl does that.

I used to use bourbon for that, but it generally is worse than benadryl on the waking up end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom