Random thoughts 1: Just Sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Olbermann is calling for foreign spies to help him overthrow America's elected leadership. What's the word for that again?

(I think this is appropriate for the Random Thoughts thread, since his hypocrisy makes me angry but his stupidity will hurt his own side which makes me glad. So it balances out. :))

Last edited:
Keith Olbermann is calling for foreign spies to help him overthrow America's elected leadership. What's the word for that again?
"Embarrassing", is the first one that springs to mind. But that might just be because I got as far as a wealthy, middle-aged journalism saying "this is the Resistance" and started vomiting too uncontrollably to watch out the rest of the video.

Edit: I gave it another go, but he used the phrase "individuals who make decisions of conscience" immediately before referring to MI6, and the vomiting started again.

It's like he wants me, personally, dead.

He wants to overthrow Trump, the legally elected leader of the United States. Requesting that others obtain and reveal private information about someone to humiliate/discredit them is a crime.

Last edited:
"Embarrassing", is the first one that springs to mind. But that might just be because I got as far as a wealthy, middle-aged journalism saying "this is the Resistance" and started vomiting too uncontrollably to watch out the rest of the video.

Edit: I gave it another go, but he used the phrase "individuals who make decisions of conscience" immediately before referring to MI6, and the vomiting started again.

Has MI5/MI6 ever behaved ethically? I know it isn't the job of the security services to be ethical, but given it appears MI5 allowed a pedophile ring to exist so they could collect dirt on Catholics and MI6 was likely trying to oust Wilson it seems halfway ethical behavior is too tall an order for the UK security services.

And yet I've had the frustrating experience of falling asleep during TV shows, and all it takes is one or two short word puzzles or a page or two of a book to relax me before I turn off the light.

yeah...the sleep hygiene stuff are behavioral recommendations, but because one method is statistically better than another does not mean it works for everyone... i myself cant sleep unless the tv is on, just barely audible. my wife used to turn it off when I was asleep and I would wake up and turn it back on....now she got used to sleeping with it on as well :crazyeye::crazyeye:

Last edited:

Yeah, Keith Olbermann is cringe worthy sometimes. Actually a lot of times, but to his credit he at least feels sincere. Most of the media outrage at Trump feels more like annoyance that he's not following the script and that if he'd just followed the proper procedures and dotted the i's and crossed the t's they wouldn't have made as big a fuss about the Muslim ban and the healthcare stuff as they ended up doing. Olbermann feels like he sincerely detests Trump for what he represents. But yeah, this one was bad.

For the first couple years after I got out of the navy if a fan shut off I would be awake and on my feet before I could figure out what happened. Couldn't have heating or AC running on a thermostat.

Maybe it was an acquired reflex from having the drone of the engines in the background?

Maybe it was an acquired reflex from having the drone of the engines in the background?

No. My bunk was right next to a vent grill that howled constantly. If the reactor shut down unexpectedly (or even intentionally but suddenly) one of the first immediate actions was to dump all the non-vital electrical loads, including most ventilation fans, and that grill would stop howling. I would be at least halfway aft, if not all the way there, by the time the casualty was announced on ship wide. So after five years of being tuned to that grill when I slept it took a while to get over it.

We have enough threads already to discuss El Donald. Just sayin'.

I tend to agree.

Are Scottish voters actually more left-wing than English voters, or is it just that our life-expectancy is so much lower, all the people who just vote for whichever candidate seems most likely to bring back hanging are taken out of the equation?

I think it's the addlin' o' the brains produced by them bagpipes.

The word stymying looks funny when spelled out. Just sayin'

It's funny that a couple of communists have done a better job of lowering my opinion of Obama than years of right-wing criticism (by intellectuals, not Fox News).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom