Random Thoughts 2: Arbitrary Speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not by itself, since intestinal bacteria won't thrive there. Probably if air is ingested by the hose and then expelled in that direction.

Eating the contents of a sink trap is a better experience than eating a Big Mac. :vomit:
You take that back!
[...]

Come to think of it:
I don't know what a Big Mac is like. I don't think i have ever had one. I just realised that.

How is a Big Mac?
Well, i suppose "meaty", and - going by your testimony - something like "wonderfully disgusting"? :)

It's fairly generic as far as burgers go. I like them, but wouldn't take it over an average mom & pop burger.

The McDonalds sauce is the draw for me. It contrasts well with the meat and bread.

It's fairly generic as far as burgers go. I like them, but wouldn't take it over an average mom & pop burger.

The McDonalds sauce is the draw for me. It contrasts well with the meat and bread.
My frame of reference is obviously limited.
Is the sauce the same for all burgers at McDonald's?
If so, i'd see your point, i suppose.

I've also never had a Big Mac, there's no point when Five Guys is much closer to my house than McDonalds is

I probably wouldn't eat McDonalds either if I had Five Guys here. I see all the social media pictures of their burgers and I am envious. There's one downtown but that's way too far away even with delivery.

I probably wouldn't eat McDonalds either if I had Five Guys here. I see all the social media pictures of their burgers and I am envious. There's one downtown but that's way too far away even with delivery.

It's four blocks from my house, my main problem is not eating it all the time

From my experience, McDonald's burgers taste like greasy cardboard.

How is a Big Mac?
Quite good for an industrialised hamburger sandwich, actually. But you haven't been missing out on anything, really.

Quite good for an industrialised hamburger sandwich, actually. But you haven't been missing out on anything, really.

I agree. Meaty is not how to describe the big mac. More like bready and saucy. It's two patties between three bun halves, but the patties are 1.6 ounces. That's super small, the entire buger is less than a quarter pounder (4 ounces). It's basically a double cheeseburger with an extra bun half. Then is has american cheese, onions, pickles and special sauce which is just thousand island basically. The closest thing to making it yourself would be mix ketchup, mayo and a little relish together. The flavor of mcdonald's meat is fine imo. It tastes like salty beef with a noticeable black pepper note. Big mac flavor is fine, it's just not well proportioned. Mcdonalds had a promo where the made a mini mac and a grand mac. The grand was just a bigger big mac, bigger patties, a slightly wider bun. It was great cus the proportions were on.

I like 5 guys but their fries are super limp. 5 guys isn't really anything special, it's just cooked to order. Very standard cooked on the spot burger so it tastes fresh and good. They kind of squish the buns when they wrap them though which I also hate.

What I thought engineering would be like:
Spoiler :

What engineering is actually like:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I like the documentation and billing slides the best. And this is basically the story of my entire professional life:

Spoiler :

I like the super limp fries! And then they pour an extra shot of fries in your bag when you get take out.

The Cajun seasoning is great but they're just so not crunchy. I can't think of any fast food fries that are really good actually. Culver's have pretty good texture, crinkle cut ones, but they are bland. But some casual restaurants are pretty good like red robin and applebees has improved theirs lately.

What's the price comparison between 5 Guys and McDonalds like the States? In the UK, you're looking at a 100%-150% markup, which I still find baffling given that it's not clearly reflected in the quality of the food.

Big mac or quarter pounder meals are about $6, while just a burger at 5 guys is $5-7. Depends on if you get the little size or bacon and such. Their regular burger is much bigger though, two 3.3 ounce patties from quick search, so that's 65% more meat than a quarter pounder. But a single I think is $5, plus fries and a drink will put you around $10. So yeah, about 100% more. On its own a mcdonald's burger is pretty pricey, I think ala cart the quarter pounder is $4, but a combo is only $2 more. That's where the beat fast casual places on price. Cheap drinks. I think fast casual places make a ton of money off drinks. People think oh qdoba is only $7, I spend that much at fast food, but then they order a $3 drink too. My wife cannot get out of panera under $15 lol. She always gets a coffee drink and then they sell her on a muffin for only a dollar more.

I usually do value menu at mcdonald's though, like a mcdouble is $1.60, a mcchicken is $1 and a drink is a $1 any size. That's under $4 and a lot of food.

What I thought engineering would be like:
Spoiler :

What engineering is actually like:

Spoiler :

Once again it is proven that Dilbert is not just slice-of-life, but life itself.

I'm so confused!

Reactions: rah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom