Random Thoughts 2: Arbitrary Speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to take your scuba snacks!

There wasn't any boxes to tick but the man did laugh evilish when I asked if everything worked as it was supposed to. I also remember some scary music playing at this point.
Ah, yes. Was there any lightning and/or thunder, or maybe a mysterious lengthening of shadows?
Don't forget to take your scuba snacks!
You'll be facing off against a meddling dog and his mangy kids.

I would have got away with that pun if it wasn't for you explaining it!

I'm neither 17th Century nor American, so no. :)

Then away with ye and yer ill-got gains.

The Mexican goalkeeper is pretty good.

If you told me that Radiohead's song The Drugs Don't Work was written about coffee, I would believe it.
BritPopTM nitpickery: that one was by The Verve, not the 'Head. But considering that it's only a little(?) younger than you are (released in '97), plus you're a Yank, the error's forgivable. So Nevermind*... ;)

*(c) Cobain/Nirvana 1991

My random thought for the day, not unlinked to the above:

Was at my older son's Schulfest last Friday evening, and saw more than one spotty mid-teen wearing e.g. Pearl Jam and Metallica T-shirts. Now I know that Vedder, Ulrich, Hetfield et al. are still going (tho' I haven't bought any of their albums for close on 20 years), but it is slightly depressing to realise that to these kids, those bands are basically what the Stones/ Doors/ Beatles are to me (i.e. the coolest bands that my parents' generation grew up listening to).

How dare those damn Millennials appropriate the cool choons/bands of my teens?!? How dare they! (Man, I'm getting old...)

Last edited:
How dare those damn Millennials appropriate the cool choons/bands of my teens?!? How dare they! (Man, I'm getting old...)

You think that's bad? I hear myself growling, "You call that music? It's just noise."

You think that's bad? I hear myself growling, "You call that music? It's just noise."
I've yelled that when I was 12, some "music" just deserves it.

On second thought, that particular song sounds pretty good though. :D

Yeah, Katie Perry and Rihanna (to name but two) have that effect on me, as well... ;)

You live in Germany or Austria?
Germany*, since mid-2006 — having married a Bürgerin in late 2004.

*I used to have the town/state in my 'Location', but later decided that possibly made it far too easy to trace real-me. Not that I'm under any delusion of 100% untraceability right now, being on the Internetz and all...

Last edited:
So today on my way home from work, there was a guy in the bus who was boasting to his friends that he has had sex with a dozen virgins. He wasn't exactly good looking, and he came across more like a wannabe playboy who's trying way too hard to look good to his friends than a guy who knows how to talk with a girl without making a fool out of himself, so I assumed he was just a liar.

But then it occurred to me that he might just be a serial child rapist who's telling the truth after all. Never prejudge people.

So today on my way home from work, there was a guy in the bus who was boasting to his friends that he has had sex with a dozen virgins. He wasn't exactly good looking, and he came across more like a wannabe playboy who's trying way too hard to look good to his friends than a guy who knows how to talk with a girl without making a fool out of himself, so I assumed he was just a liar.

But then it occurred to me that he might just be a serial child rapist who's telling the truth after all. Never prejudge people.
Was this the guy?

That's him! :eek: How did you know?

He's well known; In fact he is currently in the altered maps thread posing as The Netherlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom