Random Thoughts XI: Listen to the Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in science every of these failures will be attached to someone's name. So I will do that, but I'll also need to try my best to not be seen as a bad guy/meany.

If that many people read the paper they must think it is of interest. Well done! :clap::hatsoff:

While true :D, the issue is mostly that it's very technical. So people read it, because they kinda have to, and not because they really want to.
Makes it hard to sell that in a very interesting way.
I think I'll manage, but will probably be the toughtest topic so far.

Just turn it into a World's Funniest Home Videos knockoff.

There's always workplace safety videos under the tag of ‘erster Arbeitstag’ which might inspire you.

Is there a snappy term for like the opposite of sunk cost fallacy?

Like, you could have invested in something that'd help you in a type of situation, but didn't, and so the more time goes and the more of those situations come and go, the less chances you get to make use of the thing, so that the investment becomes less valuable?

These are my thoughts on latex tbh lol

and many other things, come to think of it

Just turn it into a World's Funniest Home Videos knockoff.

There's always workplace safety videos under the tag of ‘erster Arbeitstag’ which might inspire you.

Not exactly the thing I'll be taking about :lol:.
I know the second video, my dad has worked as forklift driver before :D.

Wouldn’t that be opportunity cost, @Lohrenswald?
Looked it up, and I guess it's basically that

Or maybe specifically lowering opportunity cost

Didn't feel quite like how I was thinking, but that's probably just me being obstinate (hope I know what that word means)

I still live at my mom. My room doesn't have lists. I've been here over a decade. Thought for a long time about getting some, but the closer I get to the day I move out, the less time I will have to "enjoy" them, and the less I feel it's worth putting any up

the less chances you get to make use of the thing, so that the investment becomes less valuable?
This would also be related to diminishing returns.

Posting stuff about my seminars on FB feels a bit like e-begging to me. I also wonder if any meaningful percentage of the sales comes from that. I doubt it does- given on average there's 40+ buyers each month, I'd be surprised if my posts bring in 3 or 4. It's why I work with a company in the first place, so that they do the marketing.
I still do it, since it doesn't take time - but I am sure it feels repetitive and I must have been banned/muted out of some groups :D

this morning i woke up with meerkats edging on my couch. I have no idea how to get them to stop, but i asked them to and they said they were waiting for the movie and enjoying a fine coffee table book. i didn't knwo I spoke meerkat. i tried insect repellent to make them go away but when I drank it i just got sick and threw up, causing a certain amount of schadenfreude amongst them. evil beings i hate them

where is everyone? i expected this place to be teeming with activity and at least a sharable salad or two I thought we could celebrate because I am learning mesopotamian (they don't like me either but I am learning their language so i can insult them)

maybe i'll go shopping since there is no one to talk to here but meerkats. little smartmouths, they are probably plotting to take over my house

Ze French eat les frogs.

Ze French eat les frogs.
What I learned from dissecting a frog in my Grade 10 biology class was that the innards of a frog somewhat resemble chop suey (visually). I have felt guilty for the past 44 years for dissecting that poor frog; students didn't have the choice to opt out for reasons of conscience back then.

I never had such a class in any country or school. I wonder what possessed the designers of school curricula in North America to decree the slaughter of batrachians.

Dissecting frogs is a thing from the early 80's and earlier.........i think.......

Yes, that shouldn't be on any curricula anymore.

Ze French eat les frogs.

That's why I said "with some exceptions".
I'd also not call this "large scale".
I guess the average reptiles and amphibians just aren't big enough, and crocodiles don't exactly make a good cattle for herding.

I hope you brought enough for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom