Random Thoughts XIII - Radioenergopithecocracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say Greek is a made-up language or a subset of English. Don't tell me that jumble of letters in the title is a recognizable word.
If a mod was allowed that weird thing in the last thread title then I take it as firm precedent.

btw as a linguist I'd be interested in seeing what you can come up with.

The word I used is an example of an unnecessarily long word. Whilst I recognise the various Greek root words in your word, I'm not sure it has ever existed before this thread.

The word I used is an example of an unnecessarily long word. Whilst I recognise the various Greek root words in your word, I'm not sure it has ever existed before this thread.
I'm reminded of the time my boyfriend and I decided to make up the longest word we could think of that could be defined in English. I forget how many prefixes and suffixes we used, but we started out with 'antidisestablishmentarianism.' That's already too long for Scrabble (which we were playing when we got this bright idea at 3 am). I would not consider what we came up with as a real word, due to how bogged-down it became and how we had to struggle to figure out what it actually meant.

I used it in the previous thread when I announced what the title would be in my next spell in charge.

Gosh, I deliver on more promises than politicians.

Looking around...

1666558285394.png

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

That's not how that word would be spelled in French, if it was a real word.

Presumably, it would be elucidation instead.

That's not how that word would be spelled in French, if it was a real word.
They use expressions like ‘weekend’ but also respell ‘Wellbeck’ as ‘Houellebecq’, so… :crazy:
Presumably, it would be elucidation instead.
Not exactly… T-Rex rarely achieves much clarity.

They use expressions like ‘weekend’ but also respell ‘Wellbeck’ as ‘Houellebecq’, so… :crazy:

Not exactly… T-Rex rarely achieves much clarity.
Hoyle/Encore has a series of card and board games with a T-Rex character. He's always cracking jokes about eating the human player or being much larger.

mark Hamill is sending some . Donate if you can't find anyone trustable but don't blame ... me ... in the end . Inertia will keep the weapons flow for a while even in the biggest Republic win in Midterms .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom