Random Thoughts Sechs: Eeeeehhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that one this morning. What are swear words doing in a car advert? :rolleyes:

They played that advertisement again today. This time they replaced the car honks with censor-beeps. I guess someone complained.

Does that include the power? Can someone just step up to be a valar? Doesn't Eru have something to say about that or...was it just the title?
Well, Eru is the Christian God so technically omnipotent, but as far as stated (I don't have his complete bibliography, not by a long shot) the Ainur were made before the world (Eä) and Men and Elves are Eru's Children (Hobbits were supposed to be a subtype of Men, but Tolkien sometimes wobbled on some facts) and the Dwarves were made by the Vala Aulë and then accepted by Eru; other creatures, such as Ungoliant or Tom Bombadil, remain (again, in the books I've managed to find and read) unexplained in whole or in part.
I saw some lactose-free Cheesestrings at the grocery store. I didn't know they made those.
I suppose that they made them with non-milk cheese. I.e. from soy milk or nut milk or other pseudo-milks.

Yesterday I went to the Renaissance Festival with some friends and in the parking lot I saw a Prius with a Trump 2020 bumper sticker. Not sure if that is more or less strange than the dualie pickup truck with a NRA bumper sticker, a Blue Lives Matter bumper sticker, and also a COEXIST sticker and the yellow equals on a blue background.

Yesterday I went to the Renaissance Festival with some friends and in the parking lot I saw a Prius with a Trump 2020 bumper sticker. Not sure if that is more or less strange than the dualie pickup truck with a NRA bumper sticker, a Blue Lives Matter bumper sticker, and also a COEXIST sticker and the yellow equals on a blue background.

This only seems weird to you because of your own misguided assumptions about those you disagree with politically. The fact that you find any of that weird says more about your own failings as a human being than it does about those you are judging as "weird".

Wow, that's aggressive.

This only seems weird to you because of your own misguided assumptions about those you disagree with politically. The fact that you find any of that weird says more about your own failings as a human being than it does about those you are judging as "weird".

Nah they're ouroboros .

Sorry, didn't mean to trigger you, snowflake.

Moderator Action: That will be enough name calling for today, thank you. --LM
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:

Its weird because Republicans are the masters of race base and identity based politics.
Not that the Democrats aren't also guilty of the same problem, but its to a lessor extent.

Let also remember that Republicans elected G.W.Bush TWICE
Which speaks for itself

Last edited:
I saw that comments were open on this article and thought "well, how can people say anything bad about this?"

I was wrong.

Not really. Just providing my analysis of that post. And judging by the reaction to that post, there must be some truth to it.
Two things:
1) It is your analysis, I am not arguing about the contents but about the form. The phrasing and the tone are unnecessarily aggressive, to my point of view, which does not, it is worth repeating, mean any opinion for or against regarding the actual content.
2) If we're going to go by ‘your reaction means I'm right’ (which is a fallacy in its own right) then two people mutually outraged at the other's wrongness can then claim victory simpyl on the basis of ‘I made you angry with ym post’ and that leads us nowhere.

I was reading about stuff and I saw something about the ethics of autonomous cars. About whether it should hit a bus full of kids or drive off a cliff and kill the occupants. But that doesn't make any sense. If you were driving along a road with a cliff, the speed limits would likely not be so fast, so hitting the bus wouldn't be as dangerous.

There's so much potential for human error to be programmed into autonomous vehicles and to be compounded by complacent humans not monitoring it that the danger is there.

I think a self-driving car accidentally ran into a bus a few years ago because it expected the bus to yield.

I feel like it would be the renaissance faire that would bring such folk.

I recently thought about the last few years, and I concluded that I have socially messed up in the last 2 years. Not big enough for the “poor life decisions“ thread, but still.
Looking back:
- 7 years ago I came to this country. I had been a nerd, never really kept friends or sustained and friendship for the 10+ years before.
- 7 years ago until 2 years ago: I had an amazing social life, many friends, including close ones. But this was partially attributable to the environment. There were many young, cool, outgoing people around, who were looking for friends too. We had long coffee breaks and lunches together, which made socializing really easy. We had a couple of holidays together, and loads of other things. When I moved the last time, I had 9 guys helping me, and i could have asked more people. I still have most of these friendships.
- 2 years ago: I moved to a different city. The environment was different, not that easy to socialize. I started living as before. After all, I had only the XP from the 5 years before. Now, 2 years later, I am not left with that many friends in this city, let alone close ones. There is the saying that you are the average of the 5 people you spend most time with. For me, the first 3 are colleagues, of whom one only came a half year ago. The 4th is my ex girlfriend. While I try to spend time with her, this is telling something. And the 5th is a friend of a friend, and we both agree that we are not very close friends. I have lots of acquaintances though. Bot obviously I failed to make close friends. This time I would not know whom to ask for moving (the 5 are women). So... after I move this time, I will need to pay more attention to making close friends. I also realized that I am hesitant to reach out to people, who could be friends, and rather let it flow. I need to change this the next time.
Important lesson learned, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom