RB6 - Island Hopping

1860 (5):
ZZZZ. More movement of workers / Construction of Railroads.

1862 (6):
Bede tells us that We're the most powerful Civ in the world.

1864 (7):
Chartres Completes Broadway, starts on Rock n' Roll.:band:

1866 (8):
Movement and stuff. Nothing special. Begin a round of military builds just to keep up our defenses.

1868 (9):
Discover Mass Media (UN here we come!)
Now we have a big decision -- Here are the main contenders in my eyes:

Biology - More food, for more population, and able to swap out some farm tiles for more production related ones. High in my books.
Combustion - Destroyers / Subs / Leads to Aircraft. If we are going to have any military conflict we should leverage our already-large navy.
Communism - The ALL powerful state property is THE civic for an empire as large as ours. The Kremlin would be really great for rushing projects given the coin we're raking in. (currently +191 / turn) -- I could bump up science, but I figure we could use the rushing.

I'm Going to go for Comunism... our empire is SO large, we can't help but reap great rewards.

A French revolution Takes place in Nagoya! (Nagasaki survived the revolution previously mentioned). :crazyeye:

Enrico Dandolo is born in Rosette! (Great Merchant) -- Rather than blow him on +2000 or so gold, I figure... lets go after something else Golden! GOLDEN AGE! (Cha Ching!) :dance:-- We are now at +359 coin per turn!

1870 (10):
Trade China - Military Tradition and him adopting Universal Sufferage (more goodie points) for Physics.

I leave the next player with a VERY interesting proposition: We can outright buy the rest of Rock N Roll at Chartres for 987 Gold, then Start on UN while the going is good, or we can pick another high production city and start it there. I'd be inclined towards the former route, but I tend to like to give the next player some flexibility.

We have 7 turns of golden age left, it's up to the next player to make use of them! :cooool:

Arhiss said:
IT: I take stock of the wealth of information Sirian has left me. Right. Moving along then. :lol:

:lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Hey, I did warn you up front that I wouldn't always have a lot to say in this game. :cooool:

Now you know what I meant! :D ;)

- Sirian

Ok downloaded. But im about to head to work.
I will likely not be able to play until late (like 11 or so) tonight. So i won't be able to post my turn report until Thursday evening. But that should still be within my 48hour window.

Also, looking at the last few sets of turns I seem to be the weak link. Hopefully I can fix that this round.

weakciv said:
Also, looking at the last few sets of turns I seem to be the weak link. Hopefully I can fix that this round.

I dunno about that. Maybe not every move was spectacular, but we're coasting along at this point.

Your goal for this round, if you decide to accept it, is to prevent the game from getting back around to me again. :eek: Piece of cake, right? :mischief:

Garath will be there to help out.

- Sirian

Inherited turn:
I like the idea of rushing Rock and Roll to jump on the UN. So That is the route I begin on.

Turn 1 (1872)
We be rockin and rollin and now we start on the UN, 8 turns.

Turn 2 (1874)
Communism completes start on Biology
Revolt to State Property OMG! I cant believe I did that. Revolt in the middle of a golden age!!!! well too late. One GA turn lost. Sorry.

Turn 3 (1876)

Why do I get stuck with these choices? Asoka wants us to declare on the Inca. The inca are no friend of ours so I declare.

I check on military status and change some builds to military, just-in-case.

I click on End turn and I crash Out-Of-Memory HA! I doubt that!

Turn 4 (1878)
I could spend 1452 of our 1618 to buy the UN.

Why not!

Turn 5 (1880)
MORE VOTES!!!!

Capac makes peace with Asoka. He could be heading our way soon. I will look to make peace with him as soon as I can.

Asoka finally hooked up that Ivory

I trade Asoka Gold and Dye for his Ivory. nice little trade to keep relations good. we got a vote comming soon.

Turn 6 (1882)
I got a bite to eat here. Oh, and I pressed end turn.

Turn 7 (1884)
Biology complete. starts on Assembly line.
Mansa comes to me offering Combustion for Communism and 1610g. Instead I trade him Radio for Combustion, Rifling, and 230 gold. He may be a friend but I dont want him gaining in population and becoming our rival in the elections. So I try to keep Biology and Communism from him. Does that make sense?

I also spend 528 to hurry Eiffel Tower

A sad day is upon us...

The first major battle of our war with the Inca...

Yes, that is it. One single boat fight.

Turn 8 (1886)
First vote comes up and our opponant is Asoka?!? hmmm well ok, um sure (can I show confusion any other way) We have enough to vote ourselves SecGen but not to outright win.

Toku and Qin sign a defensive pact
Capac still wont talk

One turn short, dang.

Turn 9 (1888)
Vote comes in. We make SecGen. Roosevelt the rat votes for Asoka. But we get Qin.

Looks like we need 526 to get a Diplo win. We got that many for SecGen.

Turn 10 (1890)
EVEN MORE VOTES!!!

After Turn

It is up to 531 required for that Diplo win. We should still have enough leverage as long as Mansa and Qin vote for us. Looks like Garath will get to rake in the win for us.

There are many workers just standing around. They have been that way most of my turn. I did not want to risk the slower population growth by changing out farms and such. I wanted to keep growing so as to get as many votes as we can.

Here is the save. Bring it home for us Garath.

Before I play, which may be this afternoon or tomorrow depending on things like Adventure 3, can I just ask whether we need *both* Mansa and Qin's votes to win, or whether one will be enough?

--Garath

hmmm noones pictures seem to be loading right now. But when they do, IF I remember correctly, the first pict from my Turn 9 showed how each leader voted for SecGen. I think we need Mansa and any 1 other civ for the win.

There were 2 civs that abstained so we dont want to go pissing them off either.

If we do win on Garath's turn I'd be interested in seeing Sirian do a post-mortem writeup on the game.

Pweeeease?

Arhiss said:
If we do win on Garath's turn I'd be interested in seeing Sirian do a post-mortem writeup on the game.

Pweeeease?

Like what? "Hey, we won!" Anything else is just details. :lol:

;)

No, seriously... Like what? I've been analyzing things as we go. What would you think I could add to that?

- Sirian

Some gratuitous self-congratulation and a bad pun, I expect :)

Disclaimer: This post was intended in a spirit of jest. Any hurt feelings are entirely the concern of those concerned, and the author accepts no responsibility for any fists wounded in physical expressions of rage.

Oh you'll get the bad pun, like it or not, but that's not a service I save for end-of-game only. That is a wealth I spread around without reservation, without hesitation, to endless acclaim and adulation. (Or is that irritation? I never seem to decipher between the two!)

OK, then. So I'm reading that a REQUEST FOR EVEN MORE PUNS FROM SIRIAN. :mischief: Others should feel free to line up and shower you with appreciation for encouraging me in this direction. :D

Of course, when Garath holds the vote and our "friends" all side with Asoka, handing us a humiliating Diplomatic LOSS, the lurkers may enjoy watching the RB6 team munching down on plates of crow. :lol: ;)

"I beg your pardon! ... I never promised you a rose garden." :cool:

- Sirian

Great game, guys! :goodjob: This truly was a well-played game from start to (almost :mischief: ) finish.

:band:

:sniper: :ar15: :bounce: :spear: :rotfl: :woohoo:

I just can't wait to get my hands on a computer that will run Civ4 :drool:

looking at the numbers from the picts we got 512 for SecGen. that would have been 14 short of the Diplo win (526 that turn). We have added a city and will have had some growth by the time the vote comes up. It will be close getting the win on the first vote so I suggest "GROW LIKE CRAZY".

Of course I may have the entire pop = votes thing misunderstood but oh well.

Yes, I noticed we were short a bit there, even with both Mansa and Qin. I may well have to delay a victory vote until we've grown out a bit, looking at it. And I for one am by no means convinced that both of them will vote for us to actually *win*. I'll need to see if there's anything further I can do for our relationships, as well as growing out.

I'll probably play this this evening (noting that it's 9am GMT now). Adventure 3 is finished at last, so that can't get in the way anymore.

--Garath

As you see, while Mansa loves us, Qin is only at +9 with us, due to us having done things he didn't like in the past.

As such (and I took a shot of this as well, at least in theory...) he hasn't voted for us for UN victory in turn 3 of my round, as expected. However, even with his votes, we'd still have been 8 short.

Blast it! Now I'm going to have to actually pay attention, and spend time on the turns. Obviously I need to grow out all the cities, in fact in many cases that's already started. But that won't happen very quickly, and even then we'd need his vote. Any suggestions?

Visibly we have no 'You have wisely chosen your Civics' with him. I don't know offhand what civics we would need to do so. Can anyone enlighten me as to which ones he likes, or is it that we have to have the same as him at the particular moment?

This could be a real mess. Sorry, Sirian, but it may get back to you after all:(

--Garath

Open up his Diplomacy screen. At the very top of it, it lists his current civics. Switch your civics over to that. That's all.

Two other options:
1. Get him to declare war on Huayna.
2. Sign a Defensive Pact with him. (That'll require ending the war.)

Every civ has a favorite civic (they're listed in the civilopedia), though I believe this is a different bonus than the "wisely chosen" one.

Top Bottom