Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather us get to steel soon, and that entails chem. But you are right, astro is Just HUGE. Not only does it allow galleons, but with it, ALL naval units can go into open water.

So I'm thinking along the lines of chem-steel-astro-sci meth-steam

And I cast my second vote for the Joker Party.

Last: I notice one of the tags for this thread is "nordic aggression" :lol::lol::lol: Who makes these tags anyways?:rotfl:

I would rather us get to steel soon, and that entails chem. But you are right, astro is Just HUGE. Not only does it allow galleons, but with it, ALL naval units can go into open water.

Not to dissuade you from supporting Astro, but that last bit was true in Civ III, not Civ IV. Galleys will still be restricted to coastal waters. However, Galleons mean we need fewer boats to transport our troops, and they will be less susceptible to being sunk en route.

I vote PCE and Imperial party.

Sigh . . . .

I'll count 'em, but I really am getting annoyed by the players who consistently just come in here for the elections. I presume that Dommy's still doing this for Ilduce because he voted for Aegis again - and this "vote for me friend" buisness, while fun for some, is grating on me like hell - I want active players, not damn Silent Majorities!

I want to say I strictly frown upon ANY player who has proved that they come here only for the elections and basically vote the same way every damn time. I don't care if "X is my friend" - it's not what I want dammit. I accept new players and lurkers but this is ridiculous - if you're not actively interested in the game and you don't have a stake in how all this turns out then you really shouldn't just come in and vote!

I STRONGLY disapprove.

- Lighthearter

Sigh . . . .

I'll count 'em, but I really am getting annoyed by the players who consistently just come in here for the elections. I presume that Dommy's still doing this for Ilduce because he voted for Aegis again - and this "vote for me friend" buisness, while fun for some, is grating on me like hell - I want active players, not damn Silent Majorities!

I want to say I strictly frown upon ANY player who has proved that they come here only for the elections and basically vote the same way every damn time. I don't care if "X is my friend" - it's not what I want dammit. I accept new players and lurkers but this is ridiculous - if you're not actively interested in the game and you don't have a stake in how all this turns out then you really shouldn't just come in and vote!

I STRONGLY disapprove.

- Lighthearter

I will definitely consider changing party alliances next election:mischief:

Last Update: Page 375, Post #7489

Current Topography
Spoiler :

Viking Deathstack

Issues:
Tech path options
Spoiler :

Civic: Go for constitution and Democracy. Getting Representation and risking the Statue of Liberty could make all territory in Euroasia pay for itself.

Exploration: Get optics and explore the globe. The Carvels would allow us to spy on neighbours while transporting missionaries around the world. Getting to Galleons would mean the American Super Continent would be ours to plunder.

Science: Going for scientific techs would obsolete monasteries. The pay off is more potential Great People for getting their first and a variety of extras from Airships to the Merchant food Corporations.

Industrialism: Going for steel would allow us to be artillery kings. The Railroad would allow us to fight and reinforce a land war in Asia. We would also have to go through Chemistry getting us the most powerful ships on the sea. The drawback is that we would be overspecializing and could loose our sudden tech advantage.

Great People
Spoiler :
Settle: If we get Constitution soon and the civic representation then settled these GPs could do a lot of good.

Tech: Not sure what the techs are but we are advanced enough now that they won't be one shots and will only get us halfway there. Worthwhile?

Academy & Trade Mission: Increases what we have. The Academy would be a good boost in our top research city while the trade mission would get us some quick money to upgrade all the troops.

Keep: Could be kept for a 3GP golden age or for founding a Corporation as we are getting close to some of them allready.

Foriegn Policy
Spoiler :
Reclaim our island: War ASAP. We take back the isles now and fight a holding action in the east moving forward slowly.

Peace: We stay as we are and try to gain influence, build colonies, spread religion.

Survival of the Fittest: Take out a weaker nation for an easy war and perhaps to train the troops. Carthage, Egypt and America are the weakest none-vassals.

Surgical Strike: Build up and only launch a strike when the first assault will cripple our greatest European Threats.

Interior Policy
Spoiler :
To complicated to list everything possible, so current highlighted troubles are below.

Health of the Nation: Currently most of our cities are unhealthy. How should this be cured?

Religion: The Matter of Free Religion has been raised and that not all English cities are Christian. What should be done?

Vassals: Germany is second to last in score. He is better then America. He also can tech partially well and has Engineering to trade. Khan of Ireland on the other hand is a broken man. With his lands under occupation.

Troops vs Infrastructure: What should be concentrated on?

-

Votes:
Arya = Jokers
Captain Fargle = PPP
West India Man = Green Party
ilduce = Imperial & Consortium
Aysee = IngSoc & Jokers
Gruekiller = IngSoc
Mechaerik = IngSoc
Domination = Consortium & Imperial

Parties:
Jokers = 2
PPP = 1
Green Party = 1
Imperial = 2
Consortium = 2
IngSoc = 3

Coalitions:
Aegis II = In progress, Confirmed between Imperials and Consortium, no mention of the Green party and no mention of the Presidential Candidate.

Patriots = Still confirmed, Jokers, IngSoc and Monks involved. Choosing candidate, most likely to be Aysee.

Including the greens in Aegis, the vote is tied 5-5.

I vote for IngSoc.

Have we sent in our coalition papers in yet? Don't really know...

Oh yeah, and all the patriot members may as well cast their second vote now..

I vote ... PCE and Co-Op.

:mischief:

I will continue to hold my vote in reserve for now.

Whosit's trying to bribe MN with that vote.

What I would like to see is some form of 'manifesto' from the main parties so I can actually see who I agree with and want to vote for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom