Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting developments indeed.

Since Aegis wants to forward ilduce as it's candidate, and we all saw how well that went last time....

I cast my second vote for the Monks

That and he's a paranoid, idiot, control freak with a huge tendency to misinterpret things and take offence over trivialities where there is no offence intended. All the qualities you want in a head of government [/sarcasm]

That and he's a paranoid, idiot, control freak with a huge tendency to misinterpret things and take offence over trivialities where there is no offence intended. All the qualities you want in a head of government [/sarcasm]

if a painter is given an axe instead of a paint brush, he works with what he has. similarly, we are writing the history of England, and if we get a president who isn't exactly well-suited for the job, well, that's what his cabinet is for

-Nukeknockout
Imperial Party Member/VP candidate(potentially)

I am sure Ilduce will have an answer when he gets back on his computer.

Can't go on chat (blocked here)

but in more general terms: Are both proposing to only have peace to build up for a war or is anyone interested in keeping peace for building up infrastructure further?

Our plan is how Whosit posted it.
In addition to giving the public a manifesto on your goals, can you also provide a short statement concerning how you plan to run the government? What will your style be-authoritative like Whosit's previous term, or more "open" and decentralized?
We will have 6 adminstrative position, other then me as president and Nuke as VP I have not decided who will be what. But WIM, MN Sonreal and Whosit will all get positions. Cull would have gotten one, but it appears he is temporarily dropping out.
Open writing the plan, I will PM it to each of the members of my admin to see if they have any changes they would like to make. After we agree, I will post it here a day before sending it to LH to see if any members of the opposition/independents dislike the plan. I will take there points into consideration, but ultimately it is me and the administration that gets the final decision.

Last Update: Page 375, Post #7489

Election Situation: Both Coalitions provide Manifesto's. The Co-Ops rejoin their Green Party brethern and the election stops being a 3-way and becomes a stand of between the Aegis and the Patriots.

Events:
Current Topography
Spoiler :

Viking Deathstack
Spoiler :

Issues:
Tech path options
Spoiler :

Civic: Go for constitution and Democracy. Getting Representation and risking the Statue of Liberty could make all territory in Euroasia pay for itself.

Exploration: Get optics and explore the globe. The Carvels would allow us to spy on neighbours while transporting missionaries around the world. Getting to Galleons would mean the American Super Continent would be ours to plunder.

Science: Going for scientific techs would obsolete monasteries. The pay off is more potential Great People for getting their first and a variety of extras from Airships to the Merchant food Corporations.

Industrialism: Going for steel would allow us to be artillery kings. The Railroad would allow us to fight and reinforce a land war in Asia. We would also have to go through Chemistry getting us the most powerful ships on the sea. The drawback is that we would be overspecializing and could loose our sudden tech advantage.

Great People
Spoiler :
Settle: If we get Constitution soon and the civic representation then settled these GPs could do a lot of good.

Tech: Not sure what the techs are but we are advanced enough now that they won't be one shots and will only get us halfway there. Worthwhile?

Academy & Trade Mission: Increases what we have. The Academy would be a good boost in our top research city while the trade mission would get us some quick money to upgrade all the troops.

Keep: Could be kept for a 3GP golden age or for founding a Corporation as we are getting close to some of them allready.

Foriegn Policy
Spoiler :
Reclaim our island: War ASAP. We take back the isles now and fight a holding action in the east moving forward slowly.

Peace: We stay as we are and try to gain influence, build colonies, spread religion.

Survival of the Fittest: Take out a weaker nation for an easy war and perhaps to train the troops. Carthage, Egypt and America are the weakest none-vassals.

Surgical Strike: Build up and only launch a strike when the first assault will cripple our greatest European Threats.

Interior Policy
Spoiler :
To complicated to list everything possible, so current highlighted troubles are below.

Health of the Nation: Currently most of our cities are unhealthy. How should this be cured?

Religion: The Matter of Free Religion has been raised and that not all English cities are Christian. What should be done?

Vassals: Germany is second to last in score. He is better then America. He also can tech partially well and has Engineering to trade. Khan of Ireland on the other hand is a broken man. With his lands under occupation.

Troops vs Infrastructure: What should be concentrated on?

-

Votes:
Arya = Jokers
Captain Fargle = PPP & Monks
West India Man = Green Party & Imperial
ilduce = Imperial & Consortium
Aysee = IngSoc & Jokers
Gruekiller = IngSoc
Mechaerik = IngSoc & Monks
Domination = Consortium & Imperial
Darth Ceaser = Jokers & Monks
Spectrite = IngSoc & Co-Ops
Mathnerd = Co-Ops & Imperials
Whosit = Consortium & Co-Op
Twinkletoes89 = IngSoc & Jokers
Cull = Imperial & Consortium

Parties:
Jokers = 4
PPP = 1
Green Party = 1
Imperial = 5
Consortium = 4
IngSoc = 5
Co-Ops = 3
Monks = 3

Coalitions:
Aegis II: Consortium/Imperial/Green Party/Co-Ops = 13
President = ilduce
Vice President = Nukeknockout
Spoiler Aegis II Manifesto :
Tech: Complete Rifling path, pick up Optics/Astronomy for better transport boats, then Chemistry/Steel for Frigates + Cannons. After the military techs, Scientific Method to reveal oil, and Physics for a free Great Scientist (see below for use).

Great People: We have Scientist and Merchant. The Great Scientist will build an Academy in Liverpool, which boasts a respectable base commerce. The Great Merchant will be sent to the New World on a Trade Mission. The Great Scientist from Physics will be saved for Standard Ethanol if we lack Oil, otherwise, it will be settled in our Oxford city, if already built, or used for another Academy.

Foreign Policy: Build-up our army in preparation for a strike at Nidaros, reclaiming Ireland after the main threat is gone. Enough troops will be held in reserve to defend the home island, eastern front, and Germany. We will maintain good relations with Carthage and any other country that has remained willing to trade techs with us.

Interior: Continue to build Gold/Beaker improvements, work our way towards the Globe Theatre in Amsterdam for drafting by adding Theatres to cities. Workers keep adding tile improvements to cities that need them. Production cities continue to build our best troops and siege units, switching to Galleons once we have Astronomy.

The Patriots: IngSoc/Monks/Jokers = 12
President = Aysee
Vice President = Ravus
Spoiler The Patriot Manifesto: Mark 1, subject to changes and edits :

Tech: Industrialism, filling in techs to get Naval units and eventually heading towards Communism if able.
Great People: Store or Use for Special Abilities.
Foriegn Policy: Build up for a eventual surgical Strike against the Vikings. Russian and Ireland cannot be reclaimed without also dealing with the Vikings. Thus our first move should be against them. Peace, Build-up and Red Coats first though. Trebs should be traded off Fredrick
Interior Policy: Set up resource Trades for health. Found a forward base near the Viking Capital so that we only need to shuttle units across instead of building a navy of Galleons. Troops should be diversified before upgrading to Red Coats and Trebs (Or Cannons if available)

Looks like it's coming down to another close election...

Amusingly, with neither coalition legitimate. Oh they've both sent me something, which has them a leg up on past elections, but I am NOT going through all that crap from the beginning of the last term with Ilduce/Whosit, or any delays even remotely similar to that. Yeah, I haven't asked for this before because I don't like raising a fuss, but the gloves are off now.

INFORMATION YOU MUST PM THE GM:

- Coalition name
- President/Vice President
- Current expected Cabinet
- General stances
- Coalition stance on recent major issues

If you do not send me this information, THEN YOU CANNOT TAKE OFFICE EVEN IF YOU GET EVERY DAMN VOTE. That means that ATM Captain Fargle is our president WHOEVER gets more votes in the Coalition race . . . .

- Lighthearter

How can I be the President when I haven't sent you the info either? Shouldn't it go to CelticFury or one of the other independents?

How can I be the President when I haven't sent you the info either? Shouldn't it go to CelticFury or one of the other independents?

This is about coalitions, because they are larger political entities. You are fully legit on your own:)

- Lighthearter

that makes things very interesting :p I vote for the co-ops and the Imperials

Think about it. Was it rational for us to overreact to that degree? No. We never even gave Ilduce a CHANCE! This was like conviction without a trial. It was quite ridiculous to be honest.

I issue a formal apology to Ilduce for my idiocy towards the start of last term.

Whosit? Ilduce? Who is sending the info?

I've sent it already.

Think about it. Was it rational for us to overreact to that degree? No. We never even gave Ilduce a CHANCE! This was like conviction without a trial. It was quite ridiculous to be honest.
I agree. I was not exactly eager about Ilduce's presidency, because I didn't like his plans or policies. But I was willing to let him take office, since he did get elected, and plans are not set in stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom