Resource icon

RestartButton 2016-11-04

Definitely trying this out and thanks in advance. Oh my.

Thank you. Not really sure what Firaxis was thinking. :dunno:

Indeed. And in looking at the mod it doesn't look like there was THAT much involved in adding such a button, so it's damn inexcusable.

This seemed to be working great for me. However, The Civilization VI ‘Winter 2016 Update’ is now live as of 2015-12-21. This MOD stopped working for me then. Any idea when there will be a fix?

Definitely trying this out and thanks in advance. Oh my.

Indeed. And in looking at the mod it doesn't look like there was THAT much involved in adding such a button, so it's damn inexcusable.

Reinstall the mod and you should be good to go.

This seemed to be working great for me. However, The Civilization VI ‘Winter 2016 Update’ is now live as of 2015-12-21. This MOD stopped working for me then. Any idea when there will be a fix?
There already is a fix

Could you please re-upload the pre-Winter update version for us poor Mac users? Firaxes wont update the OSX version of CIV 6 until somewhere in January, and I would love to use this mod!

I found a critical bug in this patch. When I used restart button, no turn limit option was cancled.
Please fix this problem....
Does it restart game with all advanced settings that I set before?

I found a critical bug in this patch. When I used restart button, no turn limit option was cancled.
Please fix this problem....
Does it restart game with all advanced settings that I set before?
I can not reproduce this. Do you have any other mods loaded?

Superb mod ! Thanks. +1

I just hope it will be in the Steam Workshop ... as soon as Firaxis implements this workshop ...

Hm...sorry about, but I can't see restart button in game. Do I miss something?
Installed it, checked to have it running.

Playing with localized Civ6 may probably cause this, can't say. No DLC.

So I'm having an issue with this mod...not all of the settings are being carried over into the regenerated map, most notably the number of civs. If I increase the number of civs for a match, boot it up and then restart the map, it seems to default back to the standard number of civs for the given map size. Also, if after using the restart button and then returning to the main menu, I'm unable to start a new game because it won't let me alter any settings and doesn't list any AI opponents. All this happens even when it's the only mod active.

Doing some testing, but so far this looks like it works perfectly. Thank you, this was literally my #1 complaint about the game at this point. Amazing to me how they overlook some of the most basic things at times. I mean, I can deal with crappy AI, but no reset? Stupid.

Hey wanted to report a bug and I don't think I saw anything exactly the same.

I was using the most recent version of the mod (installed ~1 week ago) along with improved water yields, cqui, unit report screen, and AI+ with the winter patch installed.

I was playing on a large island plates map with 10 players (standard) with the turn limit turned off in advanced options as Victoria and restarted several times until I got a starting island I liked. Played through the entire game to a culture victory (before the turn limit so I don't know if that stayed), realizing once I started large scale exploration the map seemed rather empty. Assuming a few civs got rushed I didn't think too much of it and just colonized where I wanted. The score screen at the end confirmed 3 civs were "supposed" to be in the game but never spawned. They were listed on the score screen but had no units lost, no cities lost, no stats whatsoever. I'm assuming this is a bug with restart button, or maybe even Civ 6 in general. I don't think the other mods I have active would do anything like not spawn a civ, maybe AI+ would send initial settlers to get captured but I would think that would show as a unit lost still.

Going to reinstall again just in case, will report back if i see this again. I'm a compulsive restarter so this mod makes my games way easier

Anyone gotten this to work since the update?

Edit: Nevermind, just had to reload the mod. :p

Last edited:
Yeah, ditto; it turns out that reloading the mod after the patch will reactivate it.

I installed this and now my entire game menu does not show up. Like an idiot, I did not save the original files before installing the mod, so I'm not sure how to revert to the vanilla game. Does anyone know how I can get those files back without re-downloading the entire game? I'm on a Mac, so I don't have the Australia patch yet.

I installed this and now my entire game menu does not show up. Like an idiot, I did not save the original files before installing the mod, so I'm not sure how to revert to the vanilla game. Does anyone know how I can get those files back without re-downloading the entire game? I'm on a Mac, so I don't have the Australia patch yet.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Also, you can try installing version 1.0.7 of the mod. I left it in the downloads section for the mac users.

RestartButton - Adds a restart button to the in game menu.
(...)Version 1.0.7
  • Compatible with game build 1.0.0.110 (253607)
Version 1.0.7
  • Compatible with game build 1.0.0.56 (241523)
Ooops, I guess it is 1.08, and not 1.07...
For better visibility when opening this thread, perhaps can you highlight more the current version? To be honest, as I quickly browsed it, I almost missed the fact it was updated...
By instance:
RestartButton - Adds a restart button to the in game menu.
LATEST VERSION 1.08
  • Compatible with game build 1.0.0.110 (253607)
Version 1.0.7
  • Compatible with game build 1.0.0.56 (241523)
Great mod !!

Top Bottom