[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

I dunno if this has been covered, but yes, putting on my plant ID culottes, the palm resource definitely looks like it's supposed to feature medjool date palms, given the 'silver' fronds. The tapered trunk shape resembles the African oil palm more, but their leafage is pretty distinctly on the yellow sign of green. I also don't have any knowledge of those being related to any kind of luxury, and they don't seem like an obvious choice for a bonus resource, when there are at least dozens of juicy and colorful fruits to choose from.
Well, dates have been pretty significant to the cultures of North Africa and the Levant, and they would certainly make desert-settling more appealing. Though if I were going for a fruit from the region, I personally would have gone with pomegranates.

And aromatic gums? Could that be the amber-like substance in the screenshots.
Well, amber is fossilized aromatic resin. :p

So are we establishing this as a Wonder or a Unique Improvement?

The scale reminds me of a Wonder, rather than a UI, which doesn't add probability of Portugal being a civ, merely represented as a wonder.
I agree; based on its size, I am 100% positive it's a wonder.
I think we have reached the "It's Tamar of Georgia"-phase. :D
It's her palace. That she stole from the Persians. :p

Something I just noticed, but not sure about it, so is it just me, or does the neighbourhood in the Russia-shot have some of the "random city buildings" with appropriate culture style mixed in?

Just right of the Theater Square. Doesn't look like a wonder, but it takes up a tile and it also can't be a rework of the Holy Site because we see a (normal) Holy Site on the left. Also looks like a wonder on the right of the oasis and something else new on the right of that.

EDIT: Oh wow now it's bigger than on steam, guess I'll see if I can find more.

EDIT2: Natural wonder: The arc on the left.

EDIT3: Either a new district or a water Entertainment Complex on the right of the Commercial Hub above the city. I think the thing on the right of the wonder is a modern fishing boat?

EDIT 4: Also Statue of Liberty confirmed.

Look and zoom above the supply truck. I can see two dinosaurs. It could be a natural history museum?

It can be Ottoman/Turkish, Byzantine, Italian Renaissance etc building. If it didnt have harbor part I would say its Ottoman hammam.

Italian Renaissance buildings have similar elements. For example Synagogue of Florence:
Spoiler Synagogue of Florence :

Morocco enters the game and calls dibs!

Fort Al Kabibat, designed by an Italian working for the portuguese king, built by portuguese men. But it always owned by Morocco; the aforementioned people were prisoners, captured after Portugal lost a battle and was driven out of the region:
Spoiler :

Look and zoom above the supply truck. I can see two dinosaurs. It could be a natural history museum?
Yea your right, I see two dinosaur fossils as well.

It’s the Archaeological Museum that already exists in the game.

It’s a bit odd but I guess they decided dinosaurs differentiated it from the Art museum more than marble statues or whatever actual archaeology would :p

It’s the Archaeological Museum that already exists in the game.

It’s a bit odd but I guess they decided dinosaurs differentiated it from the Art museum more than marble statues or whatever actual archaeology would :p

People confusing Paleontology with Archaeology always bugs me. :p

Top Bottom