[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

The scale for the bottom row of that picture bothers me and everything looks a bit too big... Compare the scale of the Delicate Arch with other 1-tile natural wonders, or even the size of that truck to other units and they seem scaled up.

Are you thinking Feitoria as just a Portuguese UI, or are you in the it's so big and detailed it should be a Wonder camp, with me?

Its gotta be a wonder. Its frkn huge. Seems too modern for Phoenicia, to me, but EP could be right. Definitely some similarities.

The dock, however, doesn't feel like a wonder. I'm leaning towards an alternative entertainment district. As in, ALL EDs can be built on water, either water OR land, and if you build on water, it looks like that.

And yet, the research station looks like it could be either, or even a new district.

So I guess have no frkn clue(s).

I have searched anything from Greek and Israel to Persia... nothing! It could be an orthodox monastery, a mosque or a caravanserai... This is a mistery...

Three new resources in the expansion:
1. Amber
2. Palms
3 ???

What is the third? I have an idea... look at that trees. They are olive trees for me. Olive is extremely important for mediterannean civilization. It provides wood and oil used as food and cosmetic. What do you think?

Attachments

• 20171204_175642.jpg
    20171204_175642.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 90
  • OLI-ARB.jpg
    OLI-ARB.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
Three new resources in the expansion:
1. Amber
2. Palms
3 ???

What is the third? I have an idea... look at that trees. They are olive trees for me. Olive is extremely important for mediterannean civilization. It provides wood and oil used as food and cosmetic. What do you think?

It's Gold, Dates, and Turtles.

Turtles? Where?

In the second screenshot, in the water immediately Northeast of the Commercial Hub is a Fishing Boat with a sea turtle on the end of its rope. You can make out the shadow of the turtle below quite clearly.

that is obviously the new tourism improvement waterskiing on turtles

that is obviously the new tourism improvement waterskiing on turtles

And as Jack Sparrow does, units who otherwise couldn't disembark, can do so onto a turtle tile to escape from an otherwise impossible situation ;)

If Gold is truly confirmed. Mansa Musa incoming.:D

I think leaving out gold is best given gold is the currency of the game...but meh.

I've taken a look at all the current unique improvements currently in-game. None of them seem as large as the Feitoria/Fort building. This has to be a wonder.

Turtles as a resource would be really weird. Maybe turtles are just some cool scenery that have no effect on gameplay.

Or it could be a new type of tile bonus that adds to appeal of nearby tiles instead of adding to its own tiles yields. Maybe it gives an advantage to seaside resorts, or even makes it reasonable to build national parks on the beach.

Turtles as a resource would be really weird. Maybe turtles are just some cool scenery that have no effect on gameplay.

Or it could be a new type of tile bonus that adds to appeal of nearby tiles instead of adding to its own tiles yields. Maybe it gives an advantage to seaside resorts, or even makes it reasonable to build national parks on the beach.
Turtle shells were so sought after that it caused a few species to become extinct.

I think it seems like an odd choice too, but I don't think those fishing boats are hauling them out of the water to find them good homes with a loving family... that's some turtle soup and a shell bowl to eat it out of.

Turtle shells were so sought after that it caused a few species to become extinct.

Yeah, I know. But they're mostly seasonal, and I don't think they were ever essential enough to any civilization to be considered an important industrial/economic resource to make it into the game in that role.

sea turtles were previously known as the most delicious animal in existence. we probably don't think of them as food because they were all eaten centuries ago and now are endangered

sea turtles were previously known as the most delicious animal in existence. we probably don't think of them as food because they were all eaten centuries ago and now are endangered
Turtle soup is considered a major delicacy both in East Asia and in the American Deep South.

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell

There has been a long history of using tortoiseshells for crafting. Nowadays, it's banned, because the sea turtle used is critically endangered.

The castle is seen again in the new first look, i think we can CONFIRM the coastal base but it's not on a desert tile.

Top Bottom