[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

About a minute in. I think it's safe to say, based on the scale, that it is a wonder.
Edit: built before Siege Tactics and Humanism.

Last edited:
The new city interface:
Unbenannt.PNG

My guess from left to right:
capital icon
loyality
religion
(name)
size and growth
gouvernor
production

Yeah they had no new civilization met before so it also rules out the other civ comes put an improvement in your territory.

Edit: It is build in the renaissance era in the video so that might help?

What is the wonder to the south of the "fort" wonder that has been hard to figure out?

korea_wonder.PNG

In the left nav, there are two additional icons: governors and eras/moments (?).

civ_nav_1.PNG

In the right nav, there are still 4 icons but the trade routes has currently moved to where the espionage normally is and the last one has the same symbol as the "eras/moments" one (so it might be placeholder).

civ_nav_2.PNG

This... is a bit of a mess. Civ VI's UI was already cluttered enough, and I'm not sure this new city banner is going to help one bit.

The city banner is the most logical place to put the new icons. it allows the player to get the information with a quick glance at the city on the main map without having to dig through separate screens. I like the little green arrows that tell you if your loyalty or religion are rising. It is a quick way of telling the player if things are going in the right direction or not. But perhaps, the devs should make the city banner a bit bigger so that the icons are not so small?

The city banner is the most logical place to put the new icons. it allows the player to get the information with a quick glance at the city on the main map without having to dig through separate screens. I like the little green arrows that tell you if your loyalty or religion are rising. It is a quick way of telling the player if things are going in the right direction or not. But perhaps, the devs should make the city banner a bit bigger so that the icons are not so small?

Indeed, once you know what you are looking for I would say they will become quite handy

Without the lighting effects from the preview shot, it appears the mystery building is indeed white and not tan. Does this help any of our theories?

You're right, I guess it's just I think the aesthetics are a little off. Most of it is quite readable, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the governor's face just being there. I guess it means Governors will be little personalities that appear across games/civs, but there must be a better way of indicating where governors are.

The roads are clearly defined now and integrate to the model, also indicating the it is a Wonder.

Well then we have at least seen all 8 Wonders

but there must be a better way of indicating where governors are.

Like what? For me, the face is very intuitive. As soon as I saw the screenshot, I instantly knew that the city must have some of type of person/leader in it, and I instinctively thought "governor". Another icon would probably be less intuitive and would require the player to learn the new symbol.

Had it been a still existing structure I feel at least one of us should've identified it by now. It probably is an unconventional reconstruction of an old ruined building (like they did with the Mausoleum that is coincidentally (?) next to it in the video), and the Kilwa palace is certainly one possible candidate. I suspect we won't reach a satisfying conclusion until they officially reveal it.

Seems to be around the same period we're looking for too.

Top Bottom