1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Cerilis, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

That blurry icon is probably a European leader.

2. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

For some reason, Justinian I comes to mind when I see that blurred image :D
    IMG_0089.JPG .

Kimiimaro and AvianBritish like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm leaning towards Inca or Dido. The problem with the Inca is that the Sapa Inca crowns typically have a big gold plate at the front. I don't think it's Tamar unless they deviate from her usual depiction with a giant crown.

Phoenix1595 and AvianBritish like this.
  4. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Keep in mind that the game is still changing. Seondeok now looks quite different than she did in the first images we saw.

Kheznik likes this.
  5. Kheznik

Kheznik Chieftain

There's a point to be made that Qin looked very different in the E3 2016 walkthrough before he was properly revealed.

Qin.png

Though I still can't say that that mystery leader looks like it could be any of the currently known ones, unless they originally made Poundmaker look very... white. Haha.

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

There‘s already another NW from West Africa in R&F: Eye of the desert.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Thormodr and AvianBritish like this.
  7. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

8. Kheznik

Kheznik Chieftain

In almost all depictions of her, her crown looks like this:

There's no reason to believe that Firaxis would change her iconic crown and give her one from a few cherry-picked depictions of her, though I suppose it's not impossible; I've been wrong before.

However, I'd agree in saying that Tamar has the best chance of appearing in R&F of any leader currently being peddled on this forum; there's just too much going for her right now.

Guandao, Thormodr and Zaarin like this.
  9. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

They changed Barbarossa‘s way more iconic crown of the HRE...

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

Barbarossa's Civ VI costume is about 300 years out of date. It's late 15th century armor for a 12th century ruler.

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

No feather though in the screenshot. Other pictures have him without the jewel.

12. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

The main strike against Tamar for that leader screenie is the hair. Tamar always has long hair and/or braids in the portraits i've seen of her, while in the screenshot you can see ears (or earrings), suggesting half-long hair at best.

It really could be anyone, but I'm going to posit Tupac Yupanqui as the leader shown here (as like... my fourth official guess on this board)

Ondolindë likes this.
  13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

It's probably because of Justinian's Civ IV model, but when I look at the mysterious figure, Byzantium pops on my mind. But can it be Byzantium when Antioch is a new City-States?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It would probably have to be a later Byzantine leader after Antioch was lost to the Seljuks or whomever.

Ondolindë and Zaarin like this.
  15. Kheznik

Kheznik Chieftain

Alexios I Komnenos would play greatly with the emergencies mechanic, as we have yet to see (or even really propose) a civ/leader that makes use of this new feature.

16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Being a leader who stopped the decline of the Byzantine Empire and started the restoration of army, finances and territorries, Alexios I Komnenos would make a really good Byzantine leader.

Zaarin, Kheznik and Thormodr like this.
  17. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

He would be a great new direction for Byzantine leader. It is a shame that they don't seem to be headed in the direction of including them for R&F, although was Antioch already detached from the Empire by the time of the Komnene dynasty?

Zaarin likes this.
  18. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I did some light digging, and it was Alexios who caused an independent Antioch to submit to Byzantine suzereignty during the First Crusade. Very intriguing, given the introduction of Antioch as a CS...

Reckoner, Zaarin and Kheznik like this.
  19. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Interesting. One would assume that, given that there are only 4 Civs not yet revealed, we will not be getting both Byzantium and the Ottomans - and I'd call it highly unlikely that we would be getting the Ottomans, Byzantium and Georgia.

If it's one or the other, I'd say the Ottomans are more likely because they're one of the few remaining ever-present Civs not yet seen, and also because we could really use another Islamic Civ. But who really knows...

Zaarin, Phoenix1595 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  20. evanaurora

evanaurora Chieftain

This to me seems the most likely-- I think most would be very surprised if the Inca weren't in the game at this point.

I'm appalling at distinguishing things visually, but I do think the quality of the screenshot isn't good enough to say definitively that there isn't a (dark) feather there. ????

The thing is a city list doesn't.... necessarily correlate to the holdings of whatever leader, right? I haven't studied the maps and whatnot but that isn't at all the impression I've gotten while playing. It's just the capital that changes.

All that to say that I don't think the Byzantines at all likely, all things considered, but that if they're in the game the presence of Antioch as a city state probably won't be the most urgent question as to who the leader'd be. Even if there's a scenario, they'd probably change the leaders involved in said scenario anyway.