[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

I forget, did they enter a Golden Age at that point? It could be that you get extra eureka during a Golden Age and less during a Dark Age?
Yes, but the cost of the civic changes. So I pressume it has nothing to do with that.

Great find!
It was actually @Lily_Lancer who mentioned about discount for techs/civics of earlier than the global era and extra cost for those techs/civics from a later era. But he didn't mention how he found out about it.

so with that naval tradition example, it seems they earned the boost while in the same era and got 50%, and when the world's era advanced, they still had 50% of 134 from the boost, but now with the reduced cost of the civic, the boosted percentage appears to have become greater. you still have earned the same raw score of culture from the boost, its just as a function of amount remaining it changes. so how does banking end up at less than 50%?

My thinking is that a boost is 50% of the "standard" cost of the tech/civic. so if you earn the boost for banking while in the medieval era, you get the raw science added to your progress of banking based on its standard cost in renaissance era. that means when its earned early, it'll appear to be less than 50%. when the world advances to the renaissance era, it should appear to be the standard 50% bonus we know, and if you still haven't researched it by the time the world moves to the industrial era, it would be greater than 50% as we see with the naval tradition example.

so with that naval tradition example, it seems they earned the boost while in the same era and got 50%, and when the world's era advanced, they still had 50% of 134 from the boost, but now with the reduced cost of the civic, the boosted percentage appears to have become greater. you still have earned the same raw score of culture from the boost, its just as a function of amount remaining it changes. so how does banking end up at less than 50%?

My thinking is that a boost is 50% of the "standard" cost of the tech/civic. so if you earn the boost for banking while in the medieval era, you get the raw science added to your progress of banking based on its standard cost in renaissance era. that means when its earned early, it'll appear to be less than 50%. when the world advances to the renaissance era, it should appear to be the standard 50% bonus we know, and if you still haven't researched it by the time the world moves to the industrial era, it would be greater than 50% as we see with the naval tradition example.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a reasonable mechanism, IMHO.

I've been thinking about the lack of Italian city-states as well. It feels a bit suspicious given that V had so many (Florence, Genoa, Milan, Vatican, Venice before it became a full civ, Ragusa before it was changed to refer to Dubrovnik). Some have speculated the plague doctor part of the trailer is also a hint.
you're right, there's this big mistery surrounding italy, but i'm a bit skeptic, at least i don't think now is the right time for them, italy could fit well with the loyalty mechanich and golden ages, but i get the feeling the next expansion could focus on reworking the great people mechanic, so maybe it could be more apropriate then.

What are the chances that Italy would be featured as a civilization in the new expansion? I know there are no Italian city-states in the game so far...

I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread... I'm supposed to post this on the General Discussion one. This is what lack of sleep does to you.
:stupid:

Aren't the city center buildings different than the ones we saw in the first look? They looked like they were shared with China before?

Pulled from the 2K China Cree and India leader leak.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/leak1-jpg.483710/
So, looking at this picture we can see 2 new Civilization colour pairings:

Cree is green on navy blue
And there is another Civ which is white(?) on light brown

The leader icons from right left to right seem to be:
Jadwiga, "2", Seondeok, "4", Cree Player

To me, the Cree Player looks female, but it's up for interpretation.
Unknown player 2 looks dark skinned with a red leader icon background and I don't think matches with any pre-R&F leaders or the three we have seen officially already.
Unknown player 4 may be Catherine de Medici but I can't entirely tell.

Either way, unless another pre-R&F Civ/Leader has had a colour change, there is defiantly a new colour pairing in this first look video, which makes me think that this will not be the next First Look video to be released. The white on light brown Civ will be released first if they are brand new and then the Cree. (Alternatively it could be Netherlands but I can't see Wilhelmina's icon, and these colours might be for a new Civ before everyone's colour change that was evident in the last livestream).

Also at the very top of the screen there looks to be some sort of natural wonder, possibly a lake which is providing +1 faith, +2 food and +2 culture across at least 2 tiles?

It sounds like this was an actual accidental leak (As opposed to an "Accidental" leak).

Aren't the city center buildings different than the ones we saw in the first look? They looked like they were shared with China before?
No they had unique palaces in the first look video too, they just aren't shown off as clearly. Everything else is shared with China though, yes.

That's the Netherlands. Player 4 is Wilhelmina.

The Cree leader is the unknown leader from the picture where we first saw Genghis Khan's portrait, right? Looks the same to me, but I'm bad with normal faces, let alone really tiny pixely faces.

Unknown player 2 looks dark skinned with a red leader icon background and I don't think matches with any pre-R&F leaders or the three we have seen officially already.

Either way, unless another pre-R&F Civ/Leader has had a colour change, there is defiantly a new colour pairing in this first look video, which makes me think that this will not be the next First Look video to be released. The white on light brown Civ will be released first if they are brand new and then the Cree. (Alternatively it could be Netherlands but I can't see Wilhelmina's icon, and these colours might be for a new Civ before everyone's colour change that was evident in the last livestream).

Also at the very top of the screen there looks to be some sort of natural wonder, possibly a lake which is providing +1 faith, +2 food and +2 culture across at least 2 tiles?

That Natural Wonder at the top is probably the Dead Sea.

Player 2 seems like Harald to me.

Hopefully that lake is Lake Baikal. :)

Blowing up the faces, it's pretty tough to make out anything. Jadwiga looks like the one on the left and the middle could be Gitarja? The second from the left does look a bit like Harold.

The natural wonder is the Dead Sea.

My money is on Piapot for the Cree. I don't know of any female leaders that could represent them.

Attachments

• leak1.jpg
    leak1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 178
That would make a great natural wonder.
It would though I'd probably give it a science output (besides the culture/tourism and food/fresh water) not a faith one. Though there's shaman rock in Khuzhir so it does have religious significance.

No they had unique palaces in the first look video too, they just aren't shown off as clearly. Everything else is shared with China though, yes.
The palace I saw. But the other ones look different for some reason.

Top Bottom