Romney didn't want to be president, insists son

For the record I will remind you guys that Jon Stewart is mostly "On your side." He's a liberal, not a libertarian. So its not like he's "Defending his own" here. He's just recognizing reality:p

Why are you talking like this? No reasonable person cares what side anyone's on, only what crap anyone says.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought Ron Paul into it, but in this case I think it was justified. Romney did indeed use the RNC to screw him over. Yes, Romney would have won anyway, but he wouldn't have been able to squash the dissent without cheating.

The fact that you guys don't care shows nothing about your views on Ron Paul, it shows everything about your views of the establishment. Everyone has a right to compete fairly.

But you bring Ron Paul into every thread. Him and the Civil War. People want you to stop derail threads like that. You're even shoehorning them in; they're never really fit for the subject matter.

I think you're reading things in that I didn't write.

If you would betray your country to pay less taxes/choose your pet cause, what if anything is sacred to you? If everything has its price then why should anyone trust you?

Sorry, I've been away and basically skipped to the end as soon as Ron Paul was mentioned. But can I ask why him being reluctant warranted a facepalm in the OP? If anything, feeling a sense of duty towards country to go through all of this even though he didn't actually want it... he's even MORE worthy for the office in my view now.

ROMNEY 2016!!!

Except that he's a total liar:crazyeye:

If Romney is the Republican nominee in 2016, and Dennis Kucinich is not the Democratic nominee, I'll be voting Libertarian in 2016. Even if Dennis Kucinich is the democratic nominee, I still might vote Libertarian, but definitely in any other case.

RAND PAUL 2016! Forget Romney:p

Except that he's a total liar:crazyeye:

If Romney is the Republican nominee in 2016, and Dennis Kucinich is not the Democratic nominee, I'll be voting Libertarian in 2016. Even if Dennis Kucinich is the democratic nominee, I still might vote Libertarian, but definitely in any other case.

RAND PAUL 2016! Forget Romney:p

This still isn't a Ron Paul/libertarian thread. Shoo!

I don't think the OP was totally ridiculous. Mitt Romney clearly didn't like the spotlight or the retail campaigning required to run an effective national campaign. He'd be much more comfortable running another corporation, or taking an high LDS church leadership post, where he can just get behind a desk and do his thing. I think it would be easy to draw a similar conclusion based on how he campaigned.

I don't think we've seen the last of Tagg though. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't run for Congress in Utah soon.

As for Ron Paul, he's close friends with the Romneys and forged a campaign ALLIANCE with him. Your ideological superhero sold out to prevent Santorum from winning.

I don't think the OP was totally ridiculous. Mitt Romney clearly didn't like the spotlight or the retail campaigning required to run an effective national campaign. He'd be much more comfortable running another corporation, or taking an high LDS church leadership post, where he can just get behind a desk and do his thing. I think it would be easy to draw a similar conclusion based on how he campaigned.

I don't think we've seen the last of Tagg though. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't run for Congress in Utah soon.

As for Ron Paul, he's close friends with the Romneys and forged a campaign ALLIANCE with him. Your ideological superhero sold out to prevent Santorum from winning.

I knew Ron Paul was friends with the Romney's, there's nothing about wrong with that. Ron Paul is far nicer than I am too:p And I respect him for that.

When did he actually make an alliance with Romney? Although if he did I still wouldn't really mind, there's a certain amount of ideology that's always lost in politics. Ron Paul didn't even endorse Romney at the end of it all, and implied (Although he couldn't say so without hurting his son) that he was voting for Gary Johnson.

Having behind us the commercial interests and the laboring interests and all the toiling masses, we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold. - WJB
=======

Back you Ron Paul beast, back! Your continued presence shall bring out the holy water :lol:

Sorry, I've been away and basically skipped to the end as soon as Ron Paul was mentioned. But can I ask why him being reluctant warranted a facepalm in the OP? If anything, feeling a sense of duty towards country to go through all of this even though he didn't actually want it... he's even MORE worthy for the office in my view now.
Warpus' sig and I have to agree that it makes him a better candidate.
ROMNEY 2016!!!
You guys tried the moderates. It's time for the crayzees to have a shot at the next one.

Ziggy wants to be entertained.

If anything, feeling a sense of duty towards country to go through all of this even though he didn't actually want it... he's even MORE worthy for the office in my view now.

ROMNEY 2016!!!

Pity that sense of duty towards USA compelled Romney to flee to France while supporting the very same war when its young men were asked to fight and die in Vietnam. Now that's what I call a Republican

Democrats are warmongerers too...

You have an interesting definition of warmonger. How is the Holy Free Market going to function without the use of military force to ensure access to resources and materiel? How do you propose these resources be acquired if not by cooperation with or action against foreign governments?

Which is it, he was pissed he lost or wanted to lose? You can't have it both ways...

This is Mitt Romney we are talking about here.

It is just a shame that McCain didn't have a son who could speak out after the election to let everybody know he didn't really want to be president either.

I guess "victory tour" means something entirely different to Republicans than everybody else.

Link to video.

Top Bottom