[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only ones reported hungry in Ukraine were Russian soldiers, reduced to plundering as if it was the 16th century again

napoleon's magic was ignoring the supply issues to the utmost possible and leave the food carts back at home . To move fast . And steal everything from the people on the way .

The overall effect is obviously negative, and not only for Russia. As for good sides, it creates stronger incentives for development of semiconductor and other high-tech sectors of economy. Increases trade with BRICS and other more friendly partners. Also, as all viable sanctions are in place, the economic leverage of the West against Russia is pretty much depleted.
And in Europe they are pushing us towards renewable energy investment we should have made decades ago. So can we agree they are win-win? :p

And in Europe they are pushing us towards renewable energy investment we should have made decades ago. So can we agree they are win-win? :p
And Russia has been reducing dependence on fossil fuel exports for a last decade.
There will be short- and mid-term perturbations, but in few years everybody adapts.

the first actual depiction of rape ı saw on TV or whatever must be Napoleon's finest . Am pretty sure there are websites that actually offer a rather more detailed examination of how Europeans had grown an immense logistical trail in the years before Napoleon and he cut that away , as much as possible . This in return might be stemming from Russians who conquered the steppes with giving a cart to every 10 infantry soldiers with every need on it , so that they would never have to return to base , some great advantage of swift horse mounted enemy against the plodding infantry . Also notable that the military life for the unlucky Russians who served in the Army was about 20 years , with that cart or whatever , or until death .

Well, to develop new technologies you need more investment in education and/or importing more technology. None of these is available currently.
Being an attractive international environment for young people and entrepreneurs also helps.
Russia has little to no entrepreneurship culture and Russian Governments never cultivated the creation of one. On the contrary, people who can and will think for themselves, create and take initiative on their own, are some of the 'elements' that Putin as well as Xi in China, would consider 'unwanted people'.

The United States owes much of its global dominance and economic power to entrepreneurs; they literally created the drive behind the Tech & Information Age that I grew up in.

#Russian diplomat Boris Bondarev, Mission to the UN in Geneva, resigns "I regret to admit that over all these 20yrs the level of lies & unprofessionalism in the work of the Foreign Ministry has been increasing all the time"

Russia’s Counsellor to the United Nations in Geneva has resigned. Boris Bondarev: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.”

Boris Bondarev, Russia's Counsellor to UN, resigned over the war.

By the way, in case anybody missed:
Boris Bondarev, Russian diplomat to the UN, has resigned over the war.

By the way, in case anybody missed:
Boris Bondarev, Russian diplomat to the UN, has resigned over the war.

Gotta stress it :D The letter is worth reading.

Alright, I missed the announcement before. You guys kept the conversation going when I was at work and I didn't read it all.

Gotta stress it :D The letter is worth reading.

Alright, I missed the announcement before. You guys kept the conversation going when I was at work and I didn't read it all.
Are you not reading CFC OT during work time? Duh

Starbucks leaves Russia

After 15 years operating in Russia, Starbucks will exit the market, joining companies like McDonald’s, Exxon Mobil and British American Tobacco in withdrawing from the country completely.

The coffee giant announced Monday that it will no longer have a brand presence in Russia. Starbucks has 130 locations in the country, which account for less than 1% of the company’s annual revenue. They are all licensed locations, so the Seattle-based company itself doesn’t operate them. Starbucks said it will pay its nearly 2,000 Russian workers for six months and help them transition to new opportunities outside of the coffee chain.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/23/sta...fter-15-years-closing-130-licensed-cafes.html

ukranians are losing 50 to 100 soldiers a day according to Zelensky , because they are reinforcing the areas in question , despite the Russian artillery starting to make an impression on the global observers once again , because when the profits are secured the West will make Kiev agree to a lull or whatever . With lost territory . With Azov getting fat with new resources and whatever , the loss will be on Zelensky . So , like actually Ukraine might actually be losing the war , somehow . And poor Germans , they offer Leo2A4s to Poland to replace the latter's T-72s and the latter reject and call Germans many bad names because they want A7s . Germans don't have enough themselves and like promise to upgrade the A4s later but anyhow . This is Anglosaxon warfare afterall or something .

Have you tried reading ?
Its not that hard to figure it out.

Yes, but you do not seem to have managed it.

I quote some outrage from that article:

In Odesa, we spoke with David Beasley, the executive director of the U.N.'s World Food Programme.

David Beasley: You gotta assume that millions are at stake right now. We're reaching about 2 million already. We hope to scale up to 4 million in the weeks ahead and 6 million beyond that. It's gonna be dependent upon two things: money and access.

But access has been cut off to the war's victims in the heavily besieged cities of Eastern Ukraine.

David Beasley: We can't reach them. We're blocked. We can't get into the besieged cities like Mariupol, Mykolaiv, and Kherson, and I could go on and on. They have to be starving.

Scott Pelley: Why would the Russians not allow food to be delivered to starving people?

David Beasley: It's beyond imagination. Why would you deny innocent victims of war food, non-combatants? It's just wrong, evil.

Now let us look at the first bing definition of the word siege:

definitiuon of a siege - Search (bing.com)

a military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building,
cutting off essential supplies, with the aim of compelling those inside to surrender.

It rather defeats the point of undertaking a siege if the besiegers let food in to sustain the defenders; and indeed
if they did, it would no longer be a siege. And if some food is let in, consider who is likely to get it, the hungry
men with guns OR the unarmed non-combatants? Historically with sieges the military look after themselves first.

David Beasley: We can't reach them. We're blocked. We can't get into the besieged cities like Mariupol, Mykolaiv, and Kherson, and I could go on and on. They have to be starving.
None of the three listed cities are currently besieged. Kherson and Mariupol are under full Russian control. Parts of Mariupol such as Azovstal could be called besieged until recently, but the city itself wasn't under blockade. Nikolaev is controlled by Ukraine and nowhere close to be surrounded yet.

It rather defeats the point of undertaking a siege if the besiegers let food in to sustain the defenders; and indeed
if they did, it would no longer be a siege. And if some food is let in, consider who is likely to get it, the hungry
men with guns OR the unarmed non-combatants? Historically with sieges the military look after themselves first.

Have you tried googling ?
Is this a backwards Russian seige where the Russians loot the civilians supplies back to Crimea ?

The food crisis is likely to be a huge problem in the coming months.

Southern Ukrainian city of Kherson facing shortages of food and medicines
“The invaders wouldn’t let volunteers with humanitarian help into the region, and some humanitarian cargo is simply looted.”
Denisova added that Kherson will run out of medicines completely in two weeks,
“During the first day of invasion into the southern region, the invaders looted a great amount of local grocery chains and pharmacies,” Denisova said.
Ukrainian goods were taken away to Crimea and Russia. Russian do distribute some humanitarian goods, but that’s food and medicines that were produced about five years ago, they are long expired

https://news.yahoo.com/southern-ukrainian-city-kherson-facing-132200785.html

Ukraine Says 300,000 People Are Running Out of Food in Occupied Kherson
Ukraine's foreign ministry said on Tuesday about 300,000 people in the occupied city of Kherson were running out of food and medical supplies

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...e-are-running-out-of-food-in-occupied-kherson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom