[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine: War News Thread: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by hastily organized Japanese PM visit to Ukraine, ICC "court decision" and other countermeasures, the visit had profound impact.

Putin says Russia will station tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus​

Updated March 25, 20237:31 PM ET

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin announced plans on Saturday to station tactical nuclear weapons in neighboring Belarus, a warning to the West as it steps up military support for Ukraine.

Putin said the move was triggered by Britain's decision this past week to provide Ukraine with armor-piercing rounds containing depleted uranium. Tactical nuclear weapons are intended for use on the battlefield and have a short range and a low yield compared with much more powerful nuclear warheads fitted to long-range missiles. Russia plans to maintain control over those it sends to Belarus, and construction of storage facilities for them will be completed by July 1, Putin said.

More here:

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin announced plans on Saturday to station tactical nuclear weapons in neighboring Belarus, a warning to the West as it steps up military support for Ukraine.

Putin said the move was triggered by Britain's decision this past week to provide Ukraine with armor-piercing rounds containing depleted uranium. Tactical nuclear weapons are intended for use on the battlefield and have a short range and a low yield compared with much more powerful nuclear warheads fitted to long-range missiles. Russia plans to maintain control over those it sends to Belarus, and construction of storage facilities for them will be completed by July 1, Putin said.

More here:

I wonder what depleted uranium has to do with anything nuclear. I think the move claim was triggered by Russia extremely bad performance in Ukraine, with 'winter offensive' culminating with no relevant results except huge Russian loses and Ukraine counteroffensive looming. Every time things go really badly Putin does some bombastic yet hollow claim.

About the video of the storm unit i previously posted it turned out the guys are not even convicts but mobilized troops! In my view only an enslaved society could tolerate that.

Last edited:
Any news about when Xi will listen to what Zelensky has to say?
No indication he has any inclination to do so to begin with...

Otoh the Chinese have by now dropped previous lines about how Sino-Russian friendship would supposedly be "limitless". Implicitly there are now limits – not that anyone would know what those are.

More here:

Vladimir engaging in mindless d**k waving. It's an attempt to intimidate Europeans and perhaps diminish Western arms and aid provided to Ukraine. Putin cannot be so stupid to think that actually using a ABC level weapon would occur without a forceful response from NATO. I think it also is a byproduct of the recent summit with the PRC's Xi. Russia got very little from the meeting -- a few trade deals that help keep Russia's economy healthy and some statements of solidarity against the decadent liberal democracies, but nothing publicly about supporting Putin's War. Xi followed that summit with a meeting with the heads of four central Asian countries, hoping to persuade these former Soviet republics to establish deeper relations with China and decouple from relations with Moscow. The reaction from the assembled dictators was positive. I'm guessing Putin escalated the potential for the use of nuclear weapons in order to save face.

Russia reports Tu-141 drone strike in Tula region.

Several private houses damaged, two men and a teenage girl lightly wounded.

About the video of the storm unit i previously posted it turned out the guys are not even convicts but mobilized troops! In my view only an enslaved society could tolerate that.

I would have expected the Russians to simply rotate there depleted units since they still should have vast numbers of Mobilized in reserve
The Russians have long had a disregarded for there own losses
Seems like the same stratergy of sending in repeated attacks to locate weak spots and grind down Ukrainian forces, given the manpower advantage Russia now has

Kremlin Propaganda – What is the Russian Public Being Told About the War?​

I like this channel. Nothing new, but neatly shows the Russian narrative.

Kremlin Propaganda – What is the Russian Public Being Told About the War?​

I like this channel. Nothing new, but neatly shows the Russian narrative.

Beautiful breakdown of the Russian propaganda and censorship

You're late my friend :lol:

Russia caught again spreading lies and fakes.

EDIT: Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs deleted their tweet:

FsS02nlWIAIVYtd.jpg

Literally hours after posting the video was geolocated. It was filmed far behind the frontlines inside the so-called DPR. The whole thread is worth reading as a reminder of what Russian propaganda is.

Last edited:
just to be a total gadfly I have a couple of things:

- I have suspicions about geolocation based on things so commonplace like trees. Could it be perhaps the researcher plugged in some other variable into the equation to come up with the result he/she wanted?

- also a couple of posts in the links say this
"Also, dashcams are illegal in Ukraine."
5/ The fact that the woman was driving with a dashcam is another cause for suspicion. It is illegal to film the movement of Ukrainian troops, and one would not be able to pass a checkpoint with a dashcam. Thus, the presence of a dashcam raises huge questions

just to make a comment, but
really? Why? you can see them in public anyway. and so could any Russian spy, too. why does recording them somehow elevate that otherwise casual observation to some dangerous level?

I have suspicions about geolocation based on things so commonplace like trees.
If trees have distinct and recognizable features why not. Have a look at the pictures yourself.
really? Why? you can see them in public anyway.
I agree, it doesn't make much sense. If anyone wanted to film the location of army assets they could always use a cellphone, which people often do. Anyway the prohibition of dashcams makes it harder to do, that's all.

Is Mystery
Our Russian friend was so concerned about Western value, while completely silent when the killing started in Russia

Hear from Putin opposition politician who says she was poisoned in Russia
Elvira Vikhareva, 32, an outspoken critic of the Kremlin, shared tests with Russia's Sota news channel that showed she had traces of potassium dichromate in her blood.
Miss Vikhareva said she began feeling unwell in November last year, with symptoms including hair loss, muscle spasms and severe stomach pains that lasted until February 2023.
But she has since recovered despite the poisoning leaving her with shaking hands, eyelashes that fall out and nails that 'look like they've been run over by a train'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom