[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Phoenix Rising

poor worker micro there, My ..tsk tsk :mischief:

We can start a bit early today if ya'll are able

Whenever people are ready.

You sure these numbers are right this time? :mischief:

We will lose quite a few beakers in US.

1087 seems close enough. My figure was 8 lower but pends what you allowed for MM bulb.

I think we should be fine?

8x94=752
1867-752= 1115. We can easily get 50-100 extra gold a turns from techs.
So we could have 1800 gold near end?

:grouphug: :D

We can always rushbuy 1 of them if we have spare gold.

So some of from indus will be needed? Looks like we should have quite a few in OF here.

We still need gold to start the corp? Maybe just spreading then. Not started a corp in a long while.

Not sure we need to over think this. Workers will be limited to what they can do in remaining turns. Sounds like mostly chopping and a farm?

Last edited:
Here :)
Test looks like a total mess for sure :lol:

Let me look (100% sure now Gumbo, should never say 100% i guess but at worst 99%)

One micro point: Bibs will lose 6 food for 2t when we switch out of SP.
Preparing a farm would help with keeping Xtian population.
Suggesting the workshop sw of Rice cos we have no need for it.
Donkey could go there.

On last turn of golden age, we need turns 109+110 in Kremlin Civics.
(vote on 110, so last turn for buildings)

~10850 raw beakers into techs still needed.
Minus discount should be ~8700 (not very good at this as it's 16% not 20% discount).
We are teching for 8t still so an average of 1087? Looks very safe.

V and WS. 337h needed (aiming at 350 instead) would need Engi for scientist + farm,
then research (or wealth) until another chop gets ready.
Currently at 153 and 92h on this turn without adjustments.
Or we just do 3t and forget counting hammers.

T and IW, too difficult this turn cos lots of overflow and chop hammers..no changes i think.

G and GT, 125h (or 116 minimum)..just adding furs gives at least 8hpt.
Will be there in 5t without chops needed, but we could still add them.

NW should be easy, just adding Engi back and building for 2t.

Ofc the easiest way would be if we just add 1 extra turn to all those builds, then we know for sure they can be whipped and need no extra gold for rushbuys.
Most likely we are counting hammers for not much need.

G is fine without chops, just using Furs will do.

Anyways no need to overcomplicate things :)
We will put in those hammers i calculated + some extra, then research for teching, once beakers are 100% secured we can think about adding more hammers or wealth.
I am somewhat done with this topic at this point.
/wave Tonny.

New post

Last edited:
Just waiting on Herr Ton

I guess we can discuss city micro points in the meantime. Not sure what adjustments are needed this turn to get the right balance.

Might be good to get figures on the beakers needed on IND>MM. Don't need to be exact, but if we are way over on beakers, I don't see why cities like KS can't just complete there builds outright. Save more gold for unexpected rushbuying just in case.

What turn do we switch outta SP?

Donkey could farm that unused workshop. Bibs will be a 6 food in 5 turns and farm might hold pop to last turn. (edit: 7F in 5 turns and 8F stored on t109)
Bibs should be fine then as only 1 turn at -6F as it will store enough, but farm does not hurt just in case.

Only KS is building research of any note. Trips only 2b from hammers. KS is 41b from hammers...so apprx 300beakers it produces to the end (287b to be exact). Ton can answer if we need those beakers or not.

Sounds like we should fail on the side of more beakers - can't get my head around what we need there. The builds seem like they will work out fine.

2 Forests N of V are 9H and 6H, so 15 more hammers there.

heya ton

Not much time for G chops...need boat for Wulf. Forests there will be no more than 6h
Yep 6H...and Bello already on one of them as my cancel action did not work..ugh..sorry (rust showing)
MMM should pick up Wulf
(my error should be okay as Bello can chop for G and Wulf meet up with Ed to tag team last V forest)

oh...good point Gumbot...we do need gold I think for Corp..no clue how much...or do you need it to found the corp..not sure?
I think maybe just need gold to spread corp....the GP itself is the cost of founding the corp

G at 9hpt with furs

Last edited:
:wavey:
had a few busy days here, didn't have time to do the numbers on techs
sorry, I'm not really focussed atm

did a quick number on tech rate
V and T still building 3 more turns, then research
We should be fine on getting enough beakers.

cities looking good

on votes:
KS with a 4 pop whip of Cathedral and investing Pete with 10 more votes and Chuck switching to X
we'll get 75.61%
all other civs no changes

Last edited:
Should i continue playing today?
Oh okay so you can play.

Certainly not up for discussing Muskies at this point yup.

No idea what Bello pickup means sowy.
Mishes can sleep i agree, or you can move them for scouting as you like.
Those are moves you have 100% free hand for now.
Boot can join Frigate.

Could try begging from Peter, not like we care much if it fails.

Can Galleons plunder seafood? I think they can.
One of the more important topics would be if we plunder or blockade Mainz.
If we spread more to Peter Mainz being small should benefit us.
Currently it's growing.

Suggesting that MMM moves towards Mainz.
We dun need that chop, Mainz is much more important.
Our main focus should be votes.

Why discuss if you moved MMM up anyways :(

I was constantly saying we don't need that chop or worker, but we know that Charlie switching into Xtian or getting more votes can affect our game if unlucky.

75% is just not safe enuf..we are talking about our whole game with AP votes, and i think everybody of us knows that and should think in that direction.
If there's one thing we should not take lightly it's AP stuff, and i feel the need for getting loud here again like i did with that Munich spread try.

Last edited:
I'm already made moves, but I could upload
I'm somewhat functioning and coherent..yes...:lol:

We can finalize moves this turn, but we likely want Ton to ice down those beakers figures before continuing....he may already be on the case.

Bello moved 2N

Donkey moves to farm workshop 2N

Fred will move to forest 1E of oil next turn (NE of T)
Ed moves to forest 5N1W of V next turn (9H forest)

MMM moves toward G for Wulf pickup next turn

I adjusted NW and G, but no other cities. (G at 9hpt) (NW at 59hpt)

X mish in Rostov could stay there for now...or maybe peak into Moscow this turn and head back

yeah..Muskies I will just pillage what is remaining...looks like Porthos is heading to Germany for Priv scouting

steel for 90g? what do you mean?

I'll send Boot into Cologne this turn then meet with Rambo on whales next turn

I'm fine with beg try....can't remember if we tried since t150 but if we've not then it should work
why do you think beg will fail Gumbo? you may remember what we did..I don't

yep...only Caras can't plunder

oh yeah..there was a peace treaty..can't recall why

MMM is picking up Wuflie...we can send her down afterwards...Mainz pop should not matter

upload

Galleons can blockade as well.

Not sure what you mean by discuss...already said I moved MMM to pick up Wulf.

Last edited:
I think you should make it clear you have started playing!!! That is a major point.:nono::nono:

I think Lymond can play to end now. Albeit lots of planning to do here.

I think muskets/blimp and ships unless were moving workers need little discussion.

Trade away steel for 90G? Will still avoild louie due to Worst enemy.

I think mish just stay near to the 2 cities were spreading. Don't over think this.

Pends what Boot is needed for. If not it could head to Trips to help protect if a privateer should arrive. It can certainly take a tour of the Russian cities.

He means galleon to pick up worker.

Beg will fail. Best leave to closer to end. Unless Russians make a beg from us that caused recent peace treaty?

We had a peace treaty with russians 10 turns ago.

Shrinking mains could be useful but ultimately in 8 turns too late? Likely waste of time. Vote will still be close at end. With 2x Pete cities should be safer.

We should be fine. More hammers are not a bad thing. The galleon moves will not change a huge amount now.

We could always build a mish and spread to one of our cities? Were not even at 50% of the vote?

We have 2 mish in Russia. What would be exact numbers? Pends if we try to spread to a city with an exisiting religion.

Tonny what number breakdown do you have if we spread to 2 Russian cities?

It doesn't matter if Chuck switches. No one will vote for him.

Yek has 4 pop and may be a better option unless we risk a city with a religion.

Numbers Tonny?

So us 33
Pete 10
Bis 8
HRE 7
SB 5
Lou 4
Sal 2
69 overall
Of which 56 vote for us. We need 52.

If we whip KS.
So us 29
Pete 25
Bis 8
HRE 7
SB 5
Lou 4
Sal 2
overall 80
67 for us.
60 required.

If we add a 10 pop city of ours or a smaller city of SB.
65 required. Of which we have 73.

I would be looking for 14 more Russian votes. We could try for one more SB city. The more we spread religion the higher chance an Ai does a silly switch. Seems unlikely.

Last edited:
On votes:
Chuck...
Currently he has 7 pop in X and 23 pop in Buddhism. As long as he doesn't lose any cities he won't change religion.

spreading to Yak (oops Vladi) is a go imo, 3 more votes definitely helps to counter any city growths/reductions from AI

Current status with a 4 pop whip in KS for Cathedral:
total votes: 65
Diplo votes for us: 52 (29 is our own)
Makes 80%

3 more from yak vladi makes 55/68 -> 80.88%

11 more from Yak (adjusted above, took wrong city)
63/76 -> 82.89% (included 4 pop whip in KS)

whipping KS or not depends on how much gold we'll have in the end. We can whip KS if needed -> still enough votes

kermit here

Last edited:
Cooled down again, AP tends to make me upset cos it's 100s of hours of gaming vs 1 vote.
We could send Rambo down to take care of Mainz, at this point there will be no Priv attacking us imo, and Fly + 2 galleons can also take one out.

Hmm how about both galleons move down there and Rambo stays (he's easily enuf alone).
Oki

In V we can use farm + Engi for the extra safety hammers into WS.
Next turn research until chop arrives.
Fine with Boot moving, highly unlikely there will be one (and that it's attacking too).

Kermit on Yak spread, i think 2 vs 3 cities (and Moscow being bigger) should still be no danger at all.

Okay we can wait then and pick cities when it's safe that he cannot switch anymore.

Anyways Moo here.
Let's move on, i feel we are all getting a bit restless in this game.

Interesting move with Free Reli.

Last edited:
We should probably just go ahead and spread in Yak since no reli and good pop

Chuck won't change to X unless he loses Aachen and most or all continental cities....nigh impossible at this stage....but shrinking Mainz certainly a good idea

Yak's 11 votes...at least

No..My is right, Gumbo...Chuckie in X will change the equation cause his votes double....but Chuck will not switch to X before end of game

I think we decided we're not whipping KS, right?

Well, I can still send MMM back down there next turn...Boot can pick up Wulf if needed. Still a bit leery to remove Rambo.
Yep..I was going to suggest Boot to Mainz as well...Wulf can retire :)
(Boot still has 4 moves left turn.)

So we all good on having Boot continue SE toward Mainz? Slight risk from Hamburger Privies but we've not seen one yet

V on farm and engi ...check

No Hamburglars :)

that's why I suggested Vlad over Yaro earlier...no issue with Vlad to Pete's continued confusion

Pete at 21 glorious X votes

I'm gonna upload again first
upload

every T must be dotted and every I crossed now :)
yes

all green or kermit?

oki...moving on restless peeps :D

Last edited:
Good point on his vote doubling. Need to make sure he loses no cities. I think the capital's religion sways the votes. We could get Ai to make peace if were worried.

The biggest danger might be Russians switching. So we need to be careful there.

Are we trading around steel or waiting for more gold?

Are all these uploads needed?

Yeah this privateer chat is very unlikely.

If were not trading away steel moo.

Last edited:
Pete adopts Free Reli....so no X for sure (he also adopted Emanci and US)
Bull cautious with him but that should be no issue now with Louie
Pete at +19 with us

Biz has Rifling now...Steel not enough for trade (+110g)

yep..Pete in FR makes anything with him secure now :)...and Bully not hate him

Cites are fine with Emanci...Trips is closest but it will not grow again.

upload (i've made no moves yet)

Duns are all complete...can't think of anything else that Rifling would conflict with
Well, no need to switch Pete to Confu later...but I guess we could

We could just hold on Rifling trade for now..wait for more gold..it's not critical

green on Elec to Bully?
yep..V has 2 scientists and research...check
wine pillage gave 14g..not bad
T - engi to scientist...check

Fred ok to move 1E of oil?

beakers right now are at 1250!

MMM and Boot on direct course to Chuckie harrassment..check
Ed to forest
Bello chops in place
Wulfie...sleeps ;) ..never a days rest!!! :) Wulfie moved to Coal
Donkey farm workshop S of Bibs

Coal would also boost IW production on IP but not sure if that would be relevant

We need to put Ton to sleep :lol:

McBlimperson moved but I can do that next turn

upload checksies first

so want that frenchie gold ..ha

Last edited:
Pete switching to Free Reli is good news :)
now we can switch him to Confu on the right time and no X there at all
I'm not of much use right now
green on the micro and moves here :)

I'm green on getting the 170g, or not :)

Last edited:
Sounds good, we can get 1 more diplo point with him via tech gifts still i think.
Biz can certainly have Radio for Rifling, we should just think again if everything is covered for us getting Rifling.
So all 7 cities have Duns and Rifling does nothing else.

Bully can get Elec for 40g this turn.
V on research with the tiles changing back please.
IW we are aiming at ~410h which looks nicely on track, i think the Engi could become coast or scientist even. If we use the chop for last IW turn.
All other cities are good as they are imo.
Yup on Fred.
All fine, poor Wulfie but he was a nice asset ;)
We could be generous and just let him sleep.

Or yay i know something, he could move on coal and put 1t road in (just if we want coal later).

Fly could move to KS and scout Mainz for us (at this point i see no real benefit in looking for Privs).

Okay, already Kermit for this turn.
We can wait with Rifling, agree.
Yup green, those Frigates might kill any Priv anyways at this point they are everywhere.

:lol:
Imagine a misclick there, terrifying.

I don't really like trading anything with Louie at this point, honestly we can do without that gold and it's prolly just cosmetic later.
Another reason is also Merc which he could still reach, i recon beakers are still better for now.

NW has reached WP hammers goal, how many are we getting into IA?
We need ~55 in 2t, can remove Engi or a mine.
T can remove IW and build research, hmm not sure if anything should be changed there.
Nites Tonny sleep well.
KS is rushbuy yup, can put more hammers in later if we sorted out MM.

I would be fine with selling steel for a total of 100g this turn, we still have Indu later for more gold grabbing.
Maybe Gumbo, but good if we have it secured imo and then we will have an extra turn for more hammers into all builds.

Next turn for switches i think, voting turn is 210 so 209 would still matter?
Nope it's 210 i used the AP save so often ;)
Turns until next vote:5, but 0 also exists so an extra turn wait.

Well i'm 99% sure that vote happens on 210.
Ofc it's something that we must be 100% sure of, but i will post the test game that we used tomorrow. Always on 210 there.
We can do final upload and stop for today, late anyways then we can also have Tonny to confirm.

But it's logical, if 209 our last research turn would be 208 (=5t) which would actually be pretty close on beakers 3 for Indu and only 2 (+overflow) for MM, but we are not close.

It's fine Gumbo ;)
Well done nitey :)
And yep it's 211, i got confused by that as well some time ago so i checked test several times.
210 finish was not possible due to no voting on 209 (even if last x spread on 208).

Last edited:
Green on tech trade.

Coal gives trade gold options! No point deleting.

I have no strong opinions here.

Green

Not worth the diplo hit we can try and beg later?

If we took a 4 point diplo hit we could lose SB.

Last edited:
Pete giving us Demo for our Steel and 1600g...green?.....jk ;)

green on 170g for Guilds from Lou...it's time now

( :lol:...oh..misclicks are always on my mind...very nervous about those...1600g lost!!!! yikes)

Biz is clearly teching Steel now...we could wait til next turn to trade it to him

that is fine, but Guilds trade would do no harm with Bull ( no way at all with get -4 ....we'd get -1 at the most and I highly doubt that even)
but granted it is probably a risk not worth taking at this point...votes too valuable...and Bully may do something we can't expect

upload
not too much to do really this turn...kept Boot outta borders

36hpt in IA at current config
(fyi - sci for priest makes 38hpt)

NW with 2 sci +1engi and keeps coal is 28ht so 56h into IA

we are at 1332 bpts

night ton

yep..assume rushbuy in KS

I think the only thing we'd do in T is add more food

green on Steel to Biz, Pete, Bull and Sal?

I agree ...fail on the side of more beakers. Big turn is 207 when IND finishes...that gives us 2 turns to put enough beakers into MM + the OF

hmmm..what about also switching Biz into OR to keep him from doing something silly...should work well this turn as turn 209 does not matter for votes.
Steel for OR+30g

voting turn is 209...action on that turn are irrelevant
t210 is vote results and game finish

My..I think maybe we have a different definition of what voting turn means..but the vote will take place on t209...if it did not we would not win on t210

Okay then t211 is our finish date

but yeah..looking at it now there is the "0" turn so OR switch would be better on t205

Oh..I think you are right..I was just going by what we said as t210 being our finish date. but really t211 is our finish date here
in other words we have to end turn the turn of 210

yep...final upload done for today

true we have to finish MM on the turn of the vote in order to do BT and not obsolete AP. But to be clear t211 is our victory date.

Yep..all clear on that....nighty ;)

(yep..my confusion was simply as I had t210 as victory date in my head...I know how it works backwards from that)

Last edited:
Biz up to 9 votes.
HRE down to 5.
Sal and SB up 1. All good.

Does KS have enough hammers or are we buying?

HRE units have moved out.

Really don't need all these beakers? We don't want to reach MM too soon.

Green on Steel sell off.

Wait till were at 5 turns to go?

Yes as they could switch on turn of vote albeit if they did we would likely be their only option? If an Ai switches before vote options come up that is an issue. After it only matters with HRE/ Sal or French who would not vote for us.

Stop winding Mylene up about AP! Not good at midnight her time.

Night all. Think us Europeans are a bit tired.

Last edited:
The AP clock will go down to turn 0.
So 4 3 2 1 0 -1 Vote will come when you end 0 turns left.
5 204 Current turn.
4 205
3 206
2 207
1 208
0 209
210 vote.
211 victory

So we have 6 turns till vote appears. Then 1 turn for the result. We might as well complete the builds.

So no bribes till we reach turn 206.

Should of tried to get vote 1 turn sooner.

On a plus side science and gold managment hardly matter now. Science should be done in 6 turns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom