Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

:hmm: Just looked into it and the dds file is completely missing,, could be the reason why its PINK, DUH!!:lol: Thx.

Does ANYONE have an older version where its still there, or can find one for ME thx.

It is probably one of mine so check my FPK. It should not be showing up pink anywhere as it is not a wonder so is not shown in the city hover over anyway.

Minor bug, SVN5927
I can have Ivory (and maybe some others ressource) before any tech enable it by building the Mammouth Camp. Same thing with some others non-map ressource.

screenie of the city resource and tech thx.

I have noticed for the past few revisions that whenever you start a new game and spawn into the map the starting time is 42945 AD. Doesn't cause any problems with the game that I have seen thus so far but is annoying.

Currently running on revision 5985. Noticed it starting with the revision that changed the name of the USA faction to America.

v32

When starting a game not from the prehistoric age, the year is some ridiculous number like 51266 AD. The year can also change after saving and loading. Once it changed to something like above, and once it moved about 1000 years (or 10000? I can't remember). It's a problem, as with this date no animals appear.

Arsonist, can't be trained with alcohol or olive oil, against to what can be read in the civilopedia.

When loading a save from previous version, I get CTD. -- No question about updating it. -- I am not sure are the saves from v31, but certainly the feature of updating saves was already implemented in that version. ... Btw shouldn't be there a file with version and build numbers?

I have a feeling, the crime points system still do not work correctly. I've had some town watchmen in a city. The crime rate change (in the parenthesis) was -20. I promoted them to Policing II. The number changed to -24. Moreover, when pointing the watchmen the info says -5 (city), -3 (plot), while pointing their promotion icons shows -5 (city), -2 (plot), -5 (city), -2 (plot). -- I can't say for sure, as I do not know the python code, but I'm afraid the whole system is crappy. Once I tried to tweak it through the XML files, but the changes in the game was not matching those in the files. Maybe a good idea would be to write a new system form a scratch?

Edit
Plant gathering camps upgrade to plantations even without the calendar invented. (At least on vanilla squares.)

A bug found in v. 32 (maybe it existed in previous versions). I knew that when I had Seti Pir (-50% upgrade cost) and Sun Tzu War Academy (another -50%) wonders, I could upgrade my units for free. In my last game I noticed that after I had chosen Progressive trait (Developing Leaders, -30%) the costs of upgrade became negative, so when upgrading I was able to MAKE money. Perhaps if I would upgrade Honour (-25%) and Pankration (-20%) promoted unit, the gain would be even greater.

I think these reductions should be multiplicative instead of additive or cap them at 100%. E.g. a player with both mentioned wonders, Progressive trait upgrading an unit with Honour and Pankration promotions should pay (1-0.5)(1-0.5)(1-0.3)(1-0.25)(1-0.2) *100%=10.5% price

S.

v32

I was not sure about that earlier, but just had a hardcore proof. The path-finding algorithm is buggy. It just showed me a path, where a unit was first directed deep into a forest without any road and then to a road, while it could go by the road from the beginning.

v32

I was not sure about that earlier, but just had a hardcore proof. The path-finding algorithm is buggy. It just showed me a path, where a unit was first directed deep into a forest without any road and then to a road, while it could go by the road from the beginning.

You need to post screen shots and a saved game with instructions showing the problem. Otherwise there is nothing for Koshling, who is on holiday, to work with.

Now i am getting this EACH and EVERY savedgame i have now, what the HECK is going on???

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12716749&postcount=47

Infact i just deleted my whole C2C folder, and used a copy from the SVN, and it STILL does this??

Is the pedia messed up or something??

I have not seen this happen at all. Have you checked you Civilization.ini and your user preferences to make sure something is not wrong there?

You need to post screen shots and a saved game with instructions showing the problem. Otherwise there is nothing for Koshling, who is on holiday, to work with.

I have not seen this happen at all. Have you checked you Civilization.ini and your user preferences to make sure something is not wrong there?

Try this once, and let me know if it happens to you, go into regular C2C, and start a "Play Now" game, then go back to your old savedgame and se if it happens then, that when it happens to me, heck i deleted the usersetting/custom assets, logs, and cache, nothing works, on my OLD savedgames, but it does work on new games, just plain weird:crazyeye:??

Try this once, and let me know if it happens to you, go into regular C2C, and start a "Play Now" game, then go back to your old savedgame and se if it happens then, that when it happens to me, heck i deleted the usersetting/custom assets, logs, and cache, nothing works, on my OLD savedgames, but it does work on new games, just plain weird:crazyeye:??

That is exactly what I did because I had been playing the Total War mod rather than C2C. Works fine for me. edit I don't have any extras at the moment either so I am using the current SVN.

That is exactly what I did because I had been playing the Total War mod rather than C2C. Works fine for me. edit I don't have any extras at the moment either so I am using the current SVN.

From the looks of it, it seems like the usersettings are messing up the savedgames for some odd reason??

Do you have like a two week old savedgame, try this, then play now then back to the old old one, and see, thx.

For example:

At pic 1 everything is ok. -- After releasing the mouse, the pharmacist follows the marked route.

At pic 2 the route is wrong, as the shortest was set in the previous pic. -- After releasing the mouse, the heavy axeman follows the marked route.

At pic 3 magical unicorns appear. That is, after choosing the heavy axeman, setting the route as at pic 2 and then canceling the move, when we choose the pharmacist and set the route ... we get the proof for magic existence in this world. -- After releasing the mouse, the pharmacist goes by the route correct route from pic 1.

Ow. Yes, the forest in the middle does not have any improvements.

edit
Next thing -- can't trade cities with my vassal, while being able to, with other civilizations.

Attachments

• path-finding-bug.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 57
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 65
A bug found in v. 32 (maybe it existed in previous versions). I knew that when I had Seti Pir (-50% upgrade cost) and Sun Tzu War Academy (another -50%) wonders, I could upgrade my units for free. In my last game I noticed that after I had chosen Progressive trait (Developing Leaders, -30%) the costs of upgrade became negative, so when upgrading I was able to MAKE money. Perhaps if I would upgrade Honour (-25%) and Pankration (-20%) promoted unit, the gain would be even greater.

I think these reductions should be multiplicative instead of additive or cap them at 100%. E.g. a player with both mentioned wonders, Progressive trait upgrading an unit with Honour and Pankration promotions should pay (1-0.5)(1-0.5)(1-0.3)(1-0.25)(1-0.2) *100%=10.5% price

S.
Alright. Good point. I'll do something about this soon.

A new game, v32. I have 3 towns (Capital + 2 former enemy capitals), I have built Stonehenghe, then I wanted to build Inuksuk or so (GW, IIRC +1 health and happy in all cities) and I noticed I could not build it in my Capital (I have built it in some other town). The reason was that it needs Monument and it seems to be absent (not included in the list of buildings) and not buildable.

I guess that Stonehenghe disabled already existing Monument and has not placed another one.

S.

Top Bottom