Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

I have not been having any problems with immigrants but will set up a test game when I get back tonight.

From what i can see, it has to be a LOW # to work, i believe under size 6 city???

EDIT: Minidump after CTD, i believe it had too much to content with?? Weird stuff was happening, it took over my Capital, but my units remained INcity?? and the next town now has 62 turns of Revolts??(pic 1)

@ Hydro

Blimp Advertising still needs the folder to have NO space in it, INFACT, can you pls RE-name all the folders(in the modules area) that you are working with that have 2 or more names in them to gave either a "_" or words are together withOUT no space, thx. (pic 3)

@DH,

this is the 1st in over 30 games that this has happen, something in the python must have corrected itself, GOOD!! (pic 2)

@Hydro I can't play C2C at all. Please fix error 3 in here. I updated the schema file so there is something wrong with your tower XML. It is taking out all walls and all the building that depend on them.

From what i can see, it has to be a LOW # to work, i believe under size 6 city???
Yes but in Whisperr's case, she's got a size 1 city and it's not working. Just as odd, the skip turn doesn't work either when she's got the Immigrant in the city - I suspect ALL action buttons are failing to work when the Immigrant is qualified to be placed in the city which of course is truly self-defeating since that includes the action button to join the city in the first place.

Furthermore, with said Immigrant in the city, when she opens that city's city screen the city screen panels just surround the map - she can actually move the map around as the city screen is open... I've never seen anything like it. Only stops behaving this way when the immigrant is moved out of the city.

Also, the Population numbers on the Manchuria civ are colored the same as the city bar's background behind them so you simply cannot see the populations on Manchurian cities.

@Hydro I can't play C2C at all. Please fix error 3 in here. I updated the schema file so there is something wrong with your tower XML. It is taking out all walls and all the building that depend on them.

I am not sure what the problem is. I just put in the new code TB said to put in. I could remove the new code but then it won't do the "Realistic City Siege" stuff anymore.

Thunderbrd do you know what is wrong?

The new code is written as ...

Code:
			<bDamageAllAttackers>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_THROWING</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_ARCHER</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_WHEELED</UnitCombatType>
				<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE</UnitCombatType>
			</bDamageAllAttackers>
			<iDamageAttackerChance>20</iDamageAttackerChance>
			<iDamageToAttacker>5</iDamageToAttacker>

Is it suppose to be written another way?

At a guess bDamageAllAttackers should only have the value one or zero as the first letter of the name indicates it is a boolean not a list.

Hello, I've been experiencing this bug for some time now. Sometimes turn processing won't end and I can't get to another turn. There's no CTD, no error message, nothing, I'm just stuck between two turns. I've been resolving this by updating SVN, which surprisingly mostly helped, I thought there's some problem with warlord units or opportunity fire since that were mostly last messages I got. But now I realized it just probably changed my settings every time so I could get to another turn and I figured out it has something to do with Range Bombardment option. If I turn it off, turn is processed properly and I can play another turn. I've been experiencing this mostly in wars and I can play 100 turns with Ranged bombardment on and then suddenly got frozen during war or even shortly after war. Pls Let me now if you need AI log or something else.
SVN 5968

OT: Yea and one other thing. Pls don't mess with C2C folder name. It took me while to figure out how to modify old save game to use it with newer SVN (hex editor :))

Attachments

• Petko.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 56
@Dancing Hoskuld

I updated all my building Schema files and pushed it to the SVN. I am not sure if I had the most up to date schema with the new code. Could you test it out to see if it fixes your error?

No, because I already updated your schema file. That was how I got rid of the first two errors.

I am not sure what the problem is. I just put in the new code TB said to put in. I could remove the new code but then it won't do the "Realistic City Siege" stuff anymore.

Thunderbrd do you know what is wrong?

The new code is written as ...

Code:
			<bDamageAllAttackers>
			</bDamageAllAttackers>

Is it suppose to be written another way?

At a guess bDamageAllAttackers should only have the value one or zero as the first letter of the name indicates it is a boolean not a list.
That's what I immediately suspected was the problem. If you're going to use bDamageAllAttackers, just put a 1 between the opening and closing statements. It means ALL combat classes at once rather than the other option which is to program with the <MayDamageAttackingUnitCombatTypes> tag, which would work the way you did this. Thus the code, repaired would look like this:
Code:
			<MayDamageAttackingUnitCombatTypes>
			</MayDamageAttackingUnitCombatTypes>
And if you wanted it to work on all unit types, then like this instead:
Code:
			<bDamageAllAttackers>1</bDamageAllAttackers>

The debug dll is pulling up a few other errors I'll look at here too.

Ok, I've fixed the xml but it's revealed a few coding issues I'll have to address tomorrow that will address a bug and a problem in the display code for that building effect.

Also updated the Atompunk building schema to fix a problem there.

Hello, I've been experiencing this bug for some time now. Sometimes turn processing won't end and I can't get to another turn. There's no CTD, no error message, nothing, I'm just stuck between two turns. I've been resolving this by updating SVN, which surprisingly mostly helped, I thought there's some problem with warlord units or opportunity fire since that were mostly last messages I got. But now I realized it just probably changed my settings every time so I could get to another turn and I figured out it has something to do with Range Bombardment option. If I turn it off, turn is processed properly and I can play another turn. I've been experiencing this mostly in wars and I can play 100 turns with Ranged bombardment on and then suddenly got frozen during war or even shortly after war. Pls Let me now if you need AI log or something else.
SVN 5968

OT: Yea and one other thing. Pls don't mess with C2C folder name. It took me while to figure out how to modify old save game to use it with newer SVN (hex editor :))

I'm on vacation currently, so not in a position to look - is the attachment a save of the turn that hangs? If not do you have a save from which the hang reproducibly occurs? If you do or can produce one, then subject to it reproducing for me I should be able to resolve it (after I get back from vacation)

I'm on vacation currently, so not in a position to look - is the attachment a save of the turn that hangs? If not do you have a save from which the hang reproducibly occurs? If you do or can produce one, then subject to it reproducing for me I should be able to resolve it (after I get back from vacation)

Yes the attachment is turn that hangs if Ranged Bombardment is on. Thx

@ Hydro

Blimp Advertising still needs the folder to have NO space in it, INFACT, can you pls RE-name all the folders(in the modules area) that you are working with that have 2 or more names in them to gave either a "_" or words are together withOUT no space, thx. (pic 3)

I did not make Blimp Advertising (Or Hot Air Balloon Rides). I think Vokarya made it. I don't even know where the file is.

EDIT: Looks like the files are in the core. I am not sure what folder you are talking about. :confused: All my folders in the Hydro folder have a single name. Even the "Firestorm" mod is one word.

I did not make Blimp Advertising (Or Hot Air Balloon Rides). I think Vokarya made it. I don't even know where the file is.

:hmm: Just looked into it and the dds file is completely missing,, could be the reason why its PINK, DUH!!:lol: Thx.

Does ANYONE have an older version where its still there, or can find one for ME thx.

V32

Went into the 'pedia promotion tree page and noted the majority of standard land promotions seem to be missing. There is a lot of blank space until you scroll down to the commander promos.

V32

Went into the 'pedia promotion tree page and noted the majority of standard land promotions seem to be missing. There is a lot of blank space until you scroll down to the commander promos.

?? but also the "improvements" are completely missing??

V32

They seem fine now - the promotion tree scrolls both ways and seems to be working as it should. It has a bit more white space than it did a version or two ago but it's a LOT cleaner than it was.

?? but also the "improvements" are completely missing??
Yeah, good catch. Thanks! This let me know I'd screwed up something and on review I caught a few errors in my widget coding earlier that caused not only this but would've had some other minor erroneous effects. Committing the fix now.

Top Bottom