1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th of August 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Yes you are not allowed to build both in the same city.

2. n47

n47 Chieftain

v32
    High walls prevent from attack, when the defense is higher then 50%, but the castle gatehouse, which you build later, has this value set to 30.

I'm an idiot. :cool:

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah, and??

4. n47

n47 Chieftain

Ops, I should probably rest, I thought the lower value is worse. :mischief:

5. Nimek

Nimek Chieftain

I cant reduce defenses in city of IsPhezi North Africa. I bombarded city defenses (340%) by 15 Siege Rams but city remain harmless (no defense reduction at all).

Log show that bombardment was successfull and my each ram reduces city defnses to 340% sosomething must be very wrong with protection against defense reduction (it could be 100%).

Please fix it now it is unplayable. Save attached.

BTW Where is Koshling? I have not seen him over a week.

Attached Files:

6. n47

n47 Chieftain

I have such situation:
    On a square stands an army with a field general. I perform attacks with units from the army. After few of them, the bonus from the field general disappears.

Is there any non-magical explanation for this?

7. strategyonly

Can you do me a favor and pls do posting as outlined in post # 1, thx. everyone.

8. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

Control points (command points? it is "CP" anyhow). Select the field commander and it will show you how many CP it has. Probably 5, since that is what they start with and it is only increased by some promotions that require you to already have some other promotions. If it says 5 only the first 5 attacks will get the bonuses from that commander in any turn. Actually it should start out saying 5/5 and work its way down to 0/5 as you use them.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

On vacation, with intermittent Internet access, and no PC.

10. n47

n47 Chieftain

So, if there are no new CP in another turn and after "CP:" there is no number, just an empty space, is it magic then? -- At first pic. At the second, another general which has proper CPs at the same time.

@strategyonly, you mean to include logs and screens? OK, but actually I'm not sure is it even a bug, so first I'm asking. :) Maybe it would be useful, to mark bug reports with some bold or color label to distinguish them from casual text and responses? It would be probably easier to check previously reported bugs, too.

Attached Files:

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Command points refresh each turn, but they are used up by eithe attack or defense of any nit within the commanders command range.

12. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

It's just down on the next line, "(5/5)".

13. chmoosi

chmoosi Chieftain

I have a bug causing a crash at the instant a specific enemy city is conquered (here it's Arabian city Medina). Attached is a save where I observed it happen 4 times in a row with the same outcome.

Attached Files:

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Is it a real crash? If the screen is still visible click anywhere on the mini map and it should clear whatever is holding things up and let you continue.

15. n47

n47 Chieftain

Ow... Well, at least we tested the result of sleeping four hours per day. -- :crazyeye:

But seriously, there is a problem. When a unit is in the scope of more then one field general, the bonus is not taken from the most experienced one. -- In this case, the bonus was taken from the general which had XP 0, what caused my confusion. -- Or am I wrong and this is intended?

Attached Files:

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I should be able to take a look at this one over the weekend. You aren't using the 'new ram method' are you?

17. Nimek

Nimek Chieftain

@tb
    No I did not add it yet.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I generated a minimum catch in that system that would hedge against this sort of problem but I'm not sure if or how the bombard mechanism is protected from an over 100% bombard defense.

19. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Thankfully I have not had this problem with proper siege units yet, but I have noticed it with Siege Quins, Dromons and Ballista Elephants. I assumed it was 'working' (I use the term loosely): I have 4% attack, he has 5% defence, so no effect.

I am hoping you will change it so that some proportion of damage still gets done.

If that is already happening but not being reported because it is a fraction that is being rounded away, I would be most grateful if the game would report that. Failing that, please just tell me (truthfully lol) that that is what's happening, and I'll go away happy:D.

20. strategyonly

My assassin was attacking an enemy city, when poof CTD:

OK after some turns later and switching to Vp i get the second CTD??