Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the map supports non-vanilla map sizes. However I don't know enough about map scripts to fix it. If one of the python modders could fix it to support larger maps sizes that would be great.

I could do it, but i just wanted you aware of, how about next time WE talk about it??
Also what is the premise of it, because it has t different maps, but how do you change maps?? From land to space, and then on Mars?? If you dont want to talk about it here, pls post in the ideas/suggestions thread, thx.:p (Better yet use this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=510392

EDIT: Infact i was just going over it and it has ALOT of wrong info in it like:

Spoiler :
{
0: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_SCATTERED",
1: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_RIDGELINES",
2: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_CLUSTERED"
},
1: {
0: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_DENSE_PEAKS",
1: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_NORMAL_PEAKS",
2: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_THIN_PEAKS"
},
2: {
0: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_SMALL_LAKES",
1: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_LARGE_LAKES",
2: "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_SEAS"

Spoiler :
Code:
def __initFeatureTypes(self):
		self.featureJungle = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_CARBONICE")
		self.featureForest = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_REGOLITH")
		self.featureOasis = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_SCORCH")
		self.featureFlood = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_REGOLITH")
		self.featureIce = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FALLOUT")
		self.featureAsteroids = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_ASTEROIDS")
		self.featureWoods = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST")
		self.featureGlacier = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_ICE")
		self.featureMargin = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_MARGIN")

@Kosh
It is not worth that effort.
I think that units stats recalculation takes bigger part of time.
It WILL anyhow... at the moment units don't get recalc'd. That's one of my next coding jobs coming up. I'm actually going to split it into a separate recalc process since in multi-player a recalc can already cause a connection timeout with how long it takes. So breaking into a couple of recalc stages may be necessary eventually and I'll keep the unit one separated since it'll be quite a large process I'm sure.

I am finding these errors? Please help me out here thx

I have this:

UNIT_WAR_BALLOON and UNIT_URBAN_BULLDOZER in unitclassinfo, but NO artdefines, and NO unitinfos on these??
I haven't seen those yet either... are they referred to somewhere? Perhaps the wrong name is being used there?

I have a few UNITCOMBAT_?? like UNITCOMBAT_HEALTH_CARE, but the file CIV4UnitCombatInfos is now MISSING??
CIV4UnitCombatInfos was moved to Assets/XML/Units. The Health Care unit combat is in a module (I adjusted all the modules to properly read and hopefully those adjustments weren't overwritten somehow. I'll double check before my next commit.) I caught a few 'errors' in my last commit and will have those minor things repaired but I doubt they'd be causing any real trouble yet.

Also same goes for UNITAI_?? like UNITAI_HUNTER, file CIV4UnitAIInfos is also missing??
Can't answer to that one...

CIV4UnitCombatInfos was moved to Assets/XML/Units. The Health Care unit combat is in a module (I adjusted all the modules to properly read and hopefully those adjustments weren't overwritten somehow. I'll double check before my next commit.) I caught a few 'errors' in my last commit and will have those minor things repaired but I doubt they'd be causing any real trouble yet.

You do know ALL unitcombat's have to be listed here correct?? Or am i wrong DH?? (Advisors.py

Spoiler :
if (not gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner()).isFeatAccomplished(FeatTypes.FEAT_UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE)):

if (pUnit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE")):

gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner()).setFeatAccomplished(FeatTypes.FEAT_UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE, True)

if (featPopup(pCity.getOwner()) and (gc.getGame().getStartYear() == gc.getDefineINT("START_YEAR"))):
popupInfo = CyPopupInfo()
popupInfo.setButtonPopupType(ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON)
popupInfo.setData1(FeatTypes.FEAT_UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE)
popupInfo.setData2(pCity.getID())
popupInfo.setText(localText.getText("TXT_KEY_FEAT_UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE", (pUnit.getNameKey(), pCity.getNameKey(), )))
popupInfo.setOnClickedPythonCallback("featAccomplishedOnClickedCallback")
popupInfo.setOnFocusPythonCallback("featAccomplishedOnFocusCallback")
popupInfo.addPythonButton(localText.getText("TXT_KEY_FEAT_ACCOMPLISHED_OK", ()), "")
popupInfo.addPythonButton(localText.getText("TXT_KEY_FEAT_ACCOMPLISHED_MORE", ()), "")
popupInfo.addPopup(pCity.getOwner())

Also DH:

In the pedia, i click on "routes" (no problem), then railroad, and POOF i get this:eek:??? (see pic 1)?? As you can see in the 2nd pic, i do have oil(well at least under a fort?) also coal (3rd pic)

EDIT: Can someone PLEASE track this down and figure it out, it is getting very annoying trying to check your setting and CANT:mad: (pic 4)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1310, in handleInput

File "CvVictoryScreen", line 2056, in handleInput

File "CvVictoryScreen", line 849, in showGameSettingsScreen

AttributeError: type object 'CvPythonExtensions.GameOptionTypes' has no attribute 'NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

Two bugs:
-Duplicate message (This event happens very often, which makes the message clutter extra annoying)
-Volcano on top of hill. (the volcano did not spawn at mapgeneration, came later in game as event)

View attachment 361675

Edit: Saw a penguin on a barren hill with bamboo, located close to equator on gigantic PW3 map, how did it get there I wonder. (something might be wrong with it's spawn data)

Two bugs:
-Duplicate message (This event happens very often, which makes the message clutter extra annoying)
-Volcano on top of hill. (the volcano did not spawn at mapgeneration, came later in game as event)

View attachment 361675

Edit: Saw a penguin on a barren hill with bamboo, located close to equator on gigantic PW3 map, how did it get there I wonder. (something might be wrong with it's spawn data)

Volcanoes are allowed to spawn on hills.

It is very difficult to restrict where penguins go given where they are found ie in plains, scrub, tundra, grasslands and so on. There are a few things that it would be nice to be able to restrict to coastal lands.

Got this python error on Natural Wonders

File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "PlatyPingWonders", line 234, in onBuildingBuilt
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'bonusinfo' referenced before assignment

Also what is the premise of it, because it has t different maps, but how do you change maps?? From land to space, and then on Mars?? If you dont want to talk about it here, pls post in the ideas/suggestions thread, thx.:p

I explained how here already. Currently only the Spacecraft Settler and Seedship can leave the Earth map. However I plan to make more units that can leave the earth map.

Spoiler :
Code:
def __initFeatureTypes(self):
		self.featureJungle = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_CARBONICE")
		self.featureForest = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_REGOLITH")
		self.featureOasis = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_SCORCH")
		self.featureFlood = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_REGOLITH")
		self.featureIce = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FALLOUT")
		self.featureAsteroids = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_ASTEROIDS")
		self.featureWoods = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_FOREST")
		self.featureGlacier = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_ICE")
		self.featureMargin = self.gc.getInfoTypeForString("FEATURE_MARGIN")

Those were left since when I tried to replace them things got ugly. Especially CARBONICE and REGOLITH. I think scorch doesn't even work on this specific map script but works on other map scripts in the Future mod. Mainly Titian type maps.

I explained how here already. Currently only the Spacecraft Settler and Seedship can leave the Earth map. However I plan to make more units that can leave the earth map.

Pls use them as placeholders for now ok, just like all the rest of the space stuff thx. I'd rather wait TILL WE have the space stuff in first. at least IMPO. depends on what the other modders say.

Got this python error on Natural Wonders

File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "PlatyPingWonders", line 234, in onBuildingBuilt
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'bonusinfo' referenced before assignment

I have a fix for this but may not get time to test it and put it on the SVN until tomorrw. Also it is not Natural Wonders it is the Empire State building!

This is probably unrelated to C2C but is anyone else having Visual C++ runtime errors when exiting Civ4 w/ C2C?

This is probably unrelated to C2C but is anyone else having Visual C++ runtime errors when exiting Civ4 w/ C2C?

That means you are more than likely on a 32 bit PC. You need to run the 3GB switch if you are.

That means you are more than likely on a 32 bit PC. You need to run the 3GB switch if you are.

Nope, W7 64bit. Culprit seems to be the 2012 Visual C++ runtime installed by the 13.9 AMD Catalyst. I checked my logs and I get this errors on exit since then. No other games seem to be affected so far. It does not seem to break anything as far as I have seen.

Nope, W7 64bit. Culprit seems to be the 2012 Visual C++ runtime installed by the 13.9 AMD Catalyst. I checked my logs and I get this errors on exit since then. No other games seem to be affected so far. It does not seem to break anything as far as I have seen.

I didnt know there was a 13.9, i have 13.4 and everything is perfect.

Volcanoes are allowed to spawn on hills.

But should they be allowed to? Imo it looks awful with a flying volcano.

Is there no way to replace the hill graphics with only a volcano or make a custom volcano graphic for hills.
perhaps it would look better if they clipped into each other showing only the top of the volcano sticking out of a hill.

But should they be allowed to? Imo it looks awful with a flying volcano.

Is there no way to replace the hill graphics with only a volcano or make a custom volcano graphic for hills.
perhaps it would look better if they clipped into each other showing only the top of the volcano sticking out of a hill.

That must be new with the new graphics memory thing. They used to look fine.

With peaks we would turn them (peaks) off when the volcano appeared. Perhaps we need to do the same with hills now.

Pls use them as placeholders for now ok, just like all the rest of the space stuff thx. I'd rather wait TILL WE have the space stuff in first. at least IMPO. depends on what the other modders say.

Well stuff CAN be tested and thus be ready to go when the multi-map are put in. And if multi-maps never get put in at least we have something.

That must be new with the new graphics memory thing. They used to look fine.

With peaks we would turn them (peaks) off when the volcano appeared. Perhaps we need to do the same with hills now.

Shouldn't matter. Viewports could have that effect, but graphics paging should not. Did the person that posted this have viewports on?

Mapscript python.py error:

File "C2C_Custom_Continents", line 187, in beforeGeneration

KeyError: 25
ERR: Python function beforeGeneration failed, module C2C_Custom_Continents

File "C2C_Custom_Continents", line 964, in generatePlotTypes

File "C2C_Custom_Continents", line 848, in generatePlotsByRegion

NameError: global name 'iNumConts' is not defined
ERR: Python function generatePlotTypes failed, module C2C_Custom_Continents

Status
Not open for further replies.