1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Ill fix these bugs later today.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

CTD after coming back from putting my screen "down" so i could write in the forum, then coming back with full screen, next turn poof CTD.

EDIT: I tried again and its a repeatable CTD:

3. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

ok fixed

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@SO: Did Sparth's fix just take care of your situation by chance?

5. strategyonly

Nope it still repeatable crashes

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok... will try to find some time in the week to look into it then.

7. strategyonly

Try to find out real soon ok, i want a new release before the weekend, Hopefully?????:eek::p

The subdued animals aren't a fix either . .

mini is same game i believe . .

EDIT: Did someone change the Assassin's stats?? He should be able to attack every unit on the map , but now he cant attack unless an enemy?? Doesnt serve the purpose this way???(pic 1)

it says: <bAlwaysHostile>1</bAlwaysHostile> so it should attack anything??????????????

EDIT EDIT: OK just found out that the Assassin wont attack an unit WHILE in its OWN territory?? but will outside of it, thats not correct?????? attached game; left side of map

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I have not played in almost a month and things are bad. For some reason I am now teching at about twice the rate I was before. I am playing on snail and beginning techs are taking 3 turns or less. Not only that but the health bar has shrunk to be almost invisible.

9. strategyonly

As far as i know, nobody has touched the tech rates, that would be a change in EraInfo or HandicapInfo, and if you didnt pick Nightmare, i dont think anyone has committed any changes otherwise??

EDIT: \I guess i changed the Health Bar, didnt know it, it was changes i had from BlueGenie??

But i did notice the same on lower speeds when i played Marathon about 2 months ago, and i complained but TB said that the new recomps/recalculations are very correct, so i never said another word.

I got tired of waiting 10 turns or more in the Indus Era and above, so i went to even lower speed to Epic, and never paid it another thought / / / /??

EDIT: Andean Worker does NOT have the action btn to move with for choices, only the automove?? pic 1

10. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

strategyonly changed alot global defines incuding the HEALTH_BAR_WIDTH in rev7807.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

If the tech rates have not changed but I am teching faster then perhaps you have changed the amount of money available and since I am running 100% science there is more science being generated and hence my faster teching.

12. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Chieftain

I noticed that increase in tech too and found out some of it came from changes in Tech Diffusion a while back.

My bad about the healthbar, or SO's and mine. The Healthbar width has been way big at times, too big, for a while so in my own files I decrease it some. I never meant for that to find it's way into the main though.

Cheers

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Sounds like most issues have been sorted out but that crash I won't have time for today SO. So you'll have to wait for release a day or two more than you'd intended please. Unless Alberts can get to it before I do. I'm pretty screwed up from working 11.5 hrs today.

14. strategyonly

I was wrong it was whomever changed GameSpeedInfo last??

Only one thing was changed back in Apr 22ish and that was for Marathon only.

15. strategyonly

OK now we have a serious problem, all my games are crashing???

Didnt do this before those last NEW animals were committed??

16. strategyonly

Besides 2227 above, the newer SVN fixed CTD's except this one, but the other stuff i wrote still exists also.

Also at Sparth:
    The arsonist (Viking) is causing a MAJOR breakdown of the map, it turns grey and black, when the map should be showing?? (see pic1) more than likely the nif is corrupt.

17. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

This last CTD happens on Splitting a Unit at least it looks that way. Some Subdued Animals had a wrong DefaultAI, UNITCOMBAT_WILD instead of UNITCOMBAT_SUBDUED and some had bAnimal set to 1. It's possible those things cause Problems because UNITCOMBAT_WILD allows Splitting and Merging but UNITCOMBAT_SUBDUED doesn't ......
    I have another look at this after work or tomorrow.

18. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Ok i see it now. Ok ill try fix it but if cannot be done in NIFskope then I turn him to default model.

19. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

It looks like this game reached the limit of 8192 Unit Selection Groups so there is nothing i can do to fix it.

20. strategyonly

So if i deleted alot of animals, would that be ok then to proceed in the game??