1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah but before i was getting G Prophets when i found a religion, now i am not even getting any?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

A great prophet FOUNDS a religion. If you're first to the tech you get a Great Prophet. If you aren't, you don't get one... the player that got there before you does. It is not mandatory to always use the GP for founding a religion and in some cases, the AI won't depending on numerous factors.

So apparently the AI is now beating you to the punch where before it wasn't.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not true as far as I know. You need Equine Domestication, Saddles (Animal Riding tech) and
    - a mule trainer or
    - a horse trainer or
    - an elephant trainer or
    - camel trainer or llama trainer or bear trainer or..... trainer

You can get any of those trainers by having that herd in the vicinity including one of the three national wonders just for that.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

My bad on using "Founding a religion", meant Converting to State religion. You have to have at least Civic D.C. to Convert once you have been the 1st to research and found a new religion. :p

JosEPh

5. strategyonly

:blush:ahhh now i get it, thx for a better explanation, ;)

6. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Hmm, yep, you are right. It was only Riding School that needed Horse Resource. Which I think should only require Stable.
    My bad anyway.

Cheers

7. strategyonly

also post 2184?? i dont know where this stuff is, sorry .

8. GT Ranma

GT Ranma Slowest of the Slow

Random CTDs. Latest SVN.

Is there something I should do, like, clear my cashe or something? It was also doing CTDs with a build from about 2 weeks ago, I updated it today to 7828 and it is still randomly CTDing for me.

The CTDs are not repeatable, I reload a save and it will continue on till it randomly CTDs again. And by random, it seems pretty darn random, it CTDed while in editor, it CTDed while loading the Research panel, and it just CTDed when I ordered a unit to attack a city. . .

The only thing... similar, is it always CTDs before I get to Monarchy... What ever the era is right before that one.

9. strategyonly

Pls look at post # 1 and proceed from there, thx.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The only hope of solving non-repeatables is to post the minidumps.

11. GT Ranma

Please read my post next time, and proceed from there, thx. /sarcasm
    (Edit: No-one in the past 3 months have been complaining about random CTDs, if it was something global, like caused by Alberts new government types then more then me would be complaining about it. Also, as said previously, I had CTDs before then too. So, logically it was something unique to my computer. You telling me to read post #1 was not helpful, and as such, could only be taken as condescending. Thus my reply.)

I was asking what I could do to make sure it wasn't on my end. I have a history of ctds that are caused by... well me. I still think this is on my end. My settings tend to disappear / reset in the C2C options, and I am getting a couple of other weird things. Maybe it is time to completely re-download the SVN again, I've had to do that a couple of times. Each time it has fixed my CTDs...

Anyways, if you think it might help, I can upload my dump file.

Thanks for the reply Thunder, if there is anything you can think of that I can try to stop it, I'm always willing to mess things up more. It not, I can still have steam check the install, and start over from a fresh SVN again.

Attached Files:

12. strategyonly

Are you on the :crazyeye: side or something:eek: All post 1 (one) says is, WHAT to do if you have a bug or crash, then WHAT to do for US to figure it out, jeez, now tell me thats not informative and how to proceed?? or is something else wrong with you or what, wake up on the wrong side of the bed??:sleep: And pls dont inform me how i am writing stuff here, if you dont know, thx.:p But more importantly, "Just Have Fun!":)

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You said this was generated from an updated SVN version right? Either it's not matching my last dll generated or another one has been generated since (and I wasn't aware of it. Which is possible of course as I haven't been paying too close attention.) Or it's just extremely ambiguous where the problem took place. After an update soon I'll check again.

If you've had problems solved this way previously it might work again... hard to say since I don't know what you modify on your end.

14. GT Ranma

I might have deferred to your opinion that I overreacted had you pointed out that my post was ambiguous on the fact that I was NOT asking you how to submit an issue, but how to make sure it was not on my end, as suspected.

I've been here for years, I've submitted content, and have submitted and even trouble shoot more then one issue over the years.

As with Thunder's post, it does seem that it is on my end, and I need to double check everything is 'stock' before I worry about it being something that you guys caused, not me.

Thanks again Thunder, I will check out the dlls, in case one did not update, or got corrupted.

15. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

When you loot gold while defeating an HN, it still tells you whose gold you're getting...:p

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Apparently, DH said there were some messages called from python. For me to look into it myself in case there's still a few in the dll I'd need the majority of the text as displayed exactly as stated.

17. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

It says: "You have plundered 20 :gold: from Margrete I!"

I'm getting that from the event log, but the onscreen message is exactly the same (well ok probably/hopefully:crazyeye:).

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is in the Python, I only changed the text for the attacker if they were hidden nationality.

19. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

My resmgr shows two missing files.

Code:
    RESMGR: Texture Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Asianelephant.dds failed to load
    RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Units/Unique/Byzantium/Unique_Byzantine_Cataphract/Unique_Byzantine_Cataphract.kfm. Error message: A file I/O error occurred.
    Edit:

And another missing file
    Code:
    RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Units/megafauna/Unique_Khmer_MammothBallista/Khmer_ElephantBallista.kfm. Error message: A file I/O error occurred.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah it's the same.
    I presume that means you'll be tackling this for us?