Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Does anyone have any advice for how to prevent memory crashes. My game works perfectly until the file size is about 1,300 kb. Should I choose a smaller map or something?

I would upload the Savefile, but I dont see how to from the advanced reply screen

1) Get the SVN version download (follow the first post on the SVN thread)
2) Take the CvGameCore.dll file in the Assets folder and rename it to something like CvGameCore.dll.core
3) Take the CvGameCore.dll.35civs file in the Assets folder and rename it to CvGameCore.dll

Then run the game as per normal.

There's also a download for cheaper unit graphics in the modmod section of the C2C subforum that may be useful if you're having further trouble.

I tried and it gives me XML load errors.
The 35 civ dll alone will not give such errors. Something else must be wrong. You can't use a 35 civ dll on an existing game - requires starting a new one.

I thought you were going to stick with the 50 dll??
I am as a core default yes.

If you don't want to include it in the v35 release version download then please generate a second download for it and make it available in the modmod section. The one I just added to the SVN will compare completely to the core 50 civ dll and I've added some support tools for it to the SVN as well. I'll keep supporting it for SVN users.

I am glad i asked you for a screenie, those are PINK btns not re blobs, that is a completely different bug.

Now can you place you mouse over one of the pink action btns.

The info regarding the units still shows up when I mouse over them, just unable to select the unit to build.

I can't even start C2C with the latest SVN - it is falling over before even the initial splash box. Of course it may be something I did as I was looking at how the islands and atolls from History rewritten look with our three terrain sets.

The info regarding the units still shows up when I mouse over them, just unable to select the unit to build.

We are after the names of the units so that we can figure out what happened to the buttons.

Raft is the first unit, effects trade caravans as well (and the Tribal Guardian although that cannot be built of course).

Raft is the first unit, effects trade caravans as well (and the Tribal Guardian although that cannot be built of course).

Well then you did something wrong, either edited the XML or got a corrupted copy because i just stated a new game, and everything is fine and no pink btns at all.

Well I didn't edit xml or copy must have gotten corrupted somehow. Will probably re-d/l the entire thing.

I tried to modify the dll files as you described, and the XML load errors happened when I tried to start the game, not loading a savegame.

Well... hopefully you weren't being tooooo specific about the naming of the files. Apparently, the core dll is named CvGameCoreDLL.dll

That must be changed to CvGameCoreDLL.dll.core

And the CvGameCoreDLL.dll.35civs

must be renamed to

CvGameCoreDLL.dll

If you're still having difficulty then update the SVN again and repeat the above process. It's also POSSIBLE there could be bugs in the art download if you're using that (much more likely to be causing XML errors than the dll change which I've proven works just fine as I use the 35 civ dll myself.)

I tried to modify the dll files as you described, and the XML load errors happened when I tried to start the game, not loading a savegame.

Did you do what post 2148 asks you to do??

I don't understand about the administrator comment, I already run the game on administrator, and I have no prompts to tell me that I need admin rights to modify my files.

I will attempt to do what thunderbird tells me, and report back.

What do you mean about the art download, is that separate from the main SVN? Because if it is I am not using it, what is it exactly?

It was just a suggested way to reduce the mem you're using when running the game. There's a unit art download in the modmod section for lighter games.

Dunno if it has been reported or not, but Eje Song/Tengri Song do not give promotions to mounted as supposed to (Tengriism state religion, tried building Bandit Riders and Shang chariots so far), latest SVN

Top Bottom