Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Can you post save here?

Dragoons and Musketman are ok in England set

Yes thanks absolutely good idea.

The Pirate civ cities in question (Booty Bay and Buccaneer's Bay) are to the north of me towards the north-western end of the main continent.

Forming a Colony may cause you to declare war on everyone including your other vassals.

Boats on auto explore will try and heal next to land units that are damaging them. They stay there trying until they sink.

Signs you place on the map disappear if you save.

The map script Three Planets probably wont work crashing to desk top. There is something wrong with the way the terrain graphics interact. If you use the older alternate terrain graphics it will probably work. Not sure with the newer alternate terrain graphics. We are trying to figure out why.

The Mangrove terrain feature is the cause of the various grain resources and others sometimes looking like swamps. It is being looked at but is basically a complete mystery.

Have any of the known issues above been resolved?

If we haven't noticed yet, I'm spending some time simply taking stock of all the known outstanding bugs (that I can address in anyway perhaps) and once I've got them all listed off I'll be able to prioritize them moving forward from here. So far, just going through this thread alone I've been able to get a count of 32 issues to resolve and I haven't added in yet what hasn't been confirmed to still be an issue above (thanks though Yudi!)

And that's just THIS thread... there's quite a few others I've gotta go through still.

They are all still issues.

The Colony one is much deeper as I said elsewhere they should get a two turn golden age to allow them to change civics and religion from the base set. There is also the issue of Myths - any Myths in both nations should be shared between the two. Similarly the Colony should not be of a Culture Group not available in the original nation.

Please don't forget there is also an issue with ranged assault, in that it cannot be used against hostile units while they are in 'friendly' territory other than your own.

South of Saville, near the southern border of my nation, I have a stack of Bandit Horsemen which I want to move into the fort but they wont move to the plot to the west of them which is next to the fort. All the territory is mine and all units there are mine.

Yes thanks absolutely good idea.

The Pirate civ cities in question (Booty Bay and Buccaneer's Bay) are to the north of me towards the north-western end of the main continent.

Fixed. Was problem with twice art_def xmls for confederate (not pirates)

Anyway nice game. And turn time less then a minute for a huge map and later eras is qiuite ok :)

Fixed.

Anyway nice game.

Thanks and thanks...:D

Yes having played it almost exclusively for nearly two years, you could say I have grown quite 'attached' to that save. :p

They are all still issues.

The Colony one is much deeper as I said elsewhere they should get a two turn golden age to allow them to change civics and religion from the base set. There is also the issue of Myths - any Myths in both nations should be shared between the two. Similarly the Colony should not be of a Culture Group not available in the original nation.
I struggle to imagine how I'm going to fix any of these. I don't use colonies so I don't really understand how they work in the first place so I fear I'd find it very difficult to understand what I should do even if I find the codes responsible. TBH, I'm not even sure how one establishes a colony. (The whole concept seems a little nuts to me - if you're struggling with gold so much you need to turn over some of your territory it seems much more prudent to simply increase the amount of gold you're bringing in or pull back somewhere else... the whole goal of the game, the way I usually play it, is global domination so at what point does purposefully letting go of a part of your nation fit into this plan? I equally detest vassalage and have it off in all games. So I'm really probably not the guy to look into this!)

The boats thing I MAY be able to resolve... I would just need to figure out a syntax that detects and tracks having been under ranged attack which will probably add a little memory usage.

Signs... I've followed discussions on this matter and I'm lost. Just lost. There's a python/dll interface taking place there that I just don't understand.

I MIGHT be able to resolve what's taking place with the map issue. But it's a longshot being an art interface issue which is something I really don't get the full picture on.

The mangrove thing is something I suspect Sparth would be more equipped to sort out.

Please don't forget there is also an issue with ranged assault, in that it cannot be used against hostile units while they are in 'friendly' territory other than your own.
I noted your earlier bug report but this is much more clear about what's taking place. Thanks! I think I can fix this fairly easily.

South of Saville, near the southern border of my nation, I have a stack of Bandit Horsemen which I want to move into the fort but they wont move to the plot to the west of them which is next to the fort. All the territory is mine and all units there are mine.
Ok, this will make the previous bug report much more clear and with the example should make it easier to resolve. Thanks again!

Hey... did we ever figure out what we were going to do with peak improvements for animal resources? I'm not sure how we should go about that one.

I struggle to imagine how I'm going to fix any of these. I don't use colonies so I don't really understand how they work in the first place so I fear I'd find it very difficult to understand what I should do even if I find the codes responsible. TBH, I'm not even sure how one establishes a colony. (The whole concept seems a little nuts to me - if you're struggling with gold so much you need to turn over some of your territory it seems much more prudent to simply increase the amount of gold you're bringing in or pull back somewhere else... the whole goal of the game, the way I usually play it, is global domination so at what point does purposefully letting go of a part of your nation fit into this plan? I equally detest vassalage and have it off in all games. So I'm really probably not the guy to look into this!)

1. Territory that is owned by your vassals and colonies counts as yours.
2. Cities on another continent/region to your palace have a huge added cost. Even island cities, I think.
3. Yes it is across both the dll and Python.

I use both, or would, and also play for domination.

Hey... did we ever figure out what we were going to do with peak improvements for animal resources? I'm not sure how we should go about that one.

I do not like the current way of every mountain gets a mine. It is little better than the RoM:AND every mountain gets a windmill. There needs to be more variation. Why are there no ski resorts for example?

As you say currently we only have minerals available on peaks but single plot island peaks should be home to birds colonies at least. Possible seals also.

This probably should be left for discussion and perhaps the next release.

1. Territory that is owned by your vassals and colonies counts as yours.
2. Cities on another continent/region to your palace have a huge added cost. Even island cities, I think.
3. Yes it is across both the dll and Python.

I use both, or would, and also play for domination.

I do not like the current way of every mountain gets a mine. It is little better than the RoM:AND every mountain gets a windmill. There needs to be more variation. Why are there no ski resorts for example?

As you say currently we only have minerals available on peaks but single plot island peaks should be home to birds colonies at least. Possible seals also.

This probably should be left for discussion and perhaps the next release.
I guess all I'm trying to say with the colony thing is that I'm so unfamiliar with the mechanism that I fear I'd cause as many or more problems to try to fix it. We've had discussion about vassals before and some good suggestions were made and some code offered for merging and I still plan to eventually look into it because it seemed to suggest some improvements to the system that would make the system more tenable from my own perspective. It's just a very big issue there. Iirc, the colony system requires the vassalage option which would be why I have no familiarity with it since I find vassalage deeply flawed from the get go. (Mostly due to nations you're about to defeat having an automatic in to invite more countries into the conflict, even those you've spent efforts on trying to make friends with... which leads to any war being pretty much neverending if you have a destroy the enemy in full strategy when it comes to warfare.)

Additionally, I think we can work the culture sharing thing easier once the ideas mechanism is developed.

As for the improvement issue, I do agree that we really need more improvement options for peaks. I was implementing another modder's proposal there and at this point I do feel we need more options. I think birds, in particular, would be more commonly found in peak regions regardless of whether you have the peak on a one tile island.

A group of enemy bandit riders settle down inside a city of mine and raises the crime. I try to figure out how can i attack and kick out the bandits but don't know how. Have a way or its a gameplay problem?

A group of enemy bandit riders settle down inside a city of mine and raises the crime. I try to figure out how can i attack and kick out the bandits but don't know how. Have a way or its a gameplay problem?

There is no way at the moment. We can't agree on the mechanism. I have suggested two mechanisms so far and they have been rejected.

That's not about agreement but about time to develop a new feature. Given all the bugs to uproot at the moment it's going to have to wait. But it's likely to be one of the first things I do in the next version cycle.

Speaking about the Sawmill, I think we have a couple of wonders that do "nothing" in the hover over text. I *think* they have something like "+1 :hammers: to all Building X", but this isn't displayed at all and therefore they appear to be useless. I can remember the Gate of the Sun and the Sawmill, and there are most certainly many others as well.

Then we still have those skeleton wonders. I compiled a list ages ago about the intendent effects for them, but the tags are still not available. We should consider to give them a different effect until those tags are in place.

As for the improvement issue, I do agree that we really need more improvement options for peaks.

Quarries would be a good improvement for peaks. Quarrying at the base of the mountain.

Not a Gameplay problem. Even though players with no patience see it as one, hence DH's comment.

Build several Town watch men (to help hold down the Crime) and Dog units with the Visibility trait. The Bandit riders will leave eventually and if you keep a good mounted force handy they can be dealt with. They will leave the city eventually. You just have to be vigilant and pick them off when they do.

JosEPh

Top Bottom