Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

This one's for you Arkenor!

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT RENAME the mod folder from Caveman2Cosmos!

This makes things very difficult to debug and may cause its own bugs.

This is a crash that happens during end-of-turn, with no pop-up or error message. CivIV just shuts down, always at exactly the same moment. The save is right before it happens.

Gigantic map, snail speed, size matters, the current (release candidate) SVN, and I'm almost done with the Renaissance, but have had no serious performance problems up til now.

By chance, was this game loaded and continued from an autosave established before the last few revisions before v36 release?

EDIT: Meh... fixed anyhow. Will be repaired as of the next SVN version I commit here. There was also a few other small bugs causing turn delays in Naval AI that I found and resolved as well. So that was nice to catch!

The game has been going on for a few weeks, so it has certainly been continued from all sorts of saves and autosaves. However, I was aware that things had gone a bit wrong with the SVN build last week, and I stuck with 8778 until yesterday, after seeing that it was safe to update again, when I updated to the current build in the hope it would fix my crash.

I'm really not sure why my folder was called C2C. I have no recollection of going out of my way to change it from a default. It is very old though, older than my memory for such things extends, so maybe there was an excellent reason at some point. I'll rename it now at any rate. That wasn't the cause of the problems this time around though, I take it?

Anyhows, thanks for fixing it all up! It was the properties getting set to zero that was causing the crash then?

You can't rename it and continue to play that game so just create another copy of the mod and rename it to Caveman2Cosmos for future games and you'll be alright.

The question on autosaves was just a suspicion that the REASON that the problem manifested was due to a recent change on the location of when autosaves are being made by the game engine. This problem was a little odd in that I'm sure the game has safely performed the crashing action many times before and I had a strange debug message from the exe that I've never seen that seemed to indicate that there was some kind of disharmony that might've been based on the autosave position change. But it was just a question to help me see if that had anything to do with it or not. It might've had nothing to do with it too.

A property value in a city (or plot... not sure) compiled to 0 this turn and the game engine didn't like the action of removing the property from the city or plot when that takes place. I've never felt it was necessary to include that programming to do so anyhow and it proved to work quite well to just comment out that command.

Init xml on gameload (Loading my last savegame) takes long now after latest update, clicking a city takes about 5-10 seconds to open the city? Game lags? Recalc took 10-20 minutes. Computer reboot dont helped.

Game hangs up when turning with this bug on desktop window:

Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line 6768
SVN-Rev: 8795
Expression: iNumSelectionGroups <= iNumUnits
Message:: The Number of Units is ecepted not to exceed the number of Selection Groups

T-brd,

Assert Failed
File: CvCityAI.cpp
Line:17642
SVN-REV 8795
Expression: AI_buildingValueThresholdOriginal(eBuilding, iFocusFlags, iThreshold, bMaximizeFlaggedValue)==0

JosEPh

T-brd,

Assert Failed
File: CvCityAI.cpp
Line:17642
SVN-REV 8795
Expression: AI_buildingValueThresholdOriginal(eBuilding, iFocusFlags, iThreshold, bMaximizeFlaggedValue)==0

JosEPh

Dang... must've committed a debug dll. Oops. Sorry 'bout that. Will correct very shortly.
As stated.

There are some asserts that commonly fire and the reason for them is still a little uncertain but they haven't been harbringers of a major problem and the two reported here are among those common ones. There are also about 3 in pathing that fire off every round that do indicate bugs in pathing but it's all over my head how to work out those.

As stated what? I can't see the previous post.

JosEPh

Ok no more lag, bug fixed. :goodjob:

Tomol cant load my master hunter plz fix.

Top Bottom