Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Also, something I've noticed ever since the Rogue unit was introduced is that their thrown dagger is pink - Intended or texture issue?

Known bug, saddly dont know how to fix :(

And finally, it's awesome how British archers are celt females that actually sound like females. But British healers have the male soundset although their model is female.

Fixed

Check the BUG Options and see if you have Hide Obsolete Buildings Checked. If you do Uncheck it.

JosEPh

That was not the problem (I always have in the city obsolete and unbuildable buildings, then I use the filter in the city screen)

Anyway, simply reloading the game twice solved the problem (after the first reload it didn't work :confused:)

Thanks anyway

This is done to limit early exploration. The alternative was to have sea creatures spawn from the start but that slows the game down due to the large number of them.

Rafts move so slowly I have a hard time understanding cause to limit them. By the time they've gotten anywhere much beyond the boundaries explored by land you've likely got kayaks coming up and passing them already.

Great Commanders it seems cannot support HN units (well I've only tried it with an outlaw). I realize this could be intentional, but I think on balance of probabilities it probably isn't.

It may well be intentional given how much work Koshling did in this department to audit the system. And if it's not intentional it should be should it not? We can't give the perception that these units are subservient to any of our state authorized field commanders... would give away the secret!

Rafts move so slowly I have a hard time understanding cause to limit them. By the time they've gotten anywhere much beyond the boundaries explored by land you've likely got kayaks coming up and passing them already.

I never have the spare resources or time to build kayaks. Also the way I tech they are obsolete in just a few turns. ;)

@Dancing Hoskuld:
Ok understandable thanks.

@Sparth:
I was hoping to catch your attention with that Rogue bug. Thanks for fixing the soundset.
Your work is awesome! :)

I never have the spare resources or time to build kayaks. Also the way I tech they are obsolete in just a few turns. ;)

By units that are even faster still! I've found exploration by raft is a bad idea in general as at least pushing further to kayaks and catamarans will get something in the water that's much faster and gets better results by goody huts. I keep rafts in the player usefulness category of early transport units more than explorers. Using them to explore is often a distraction from better things to do imo.

Rafts/Canoes are useful for making shortcuts for units within or close to your cultural border; this is highly situational but should happen enough to warrant their existence and usefulness as they are. Kayaks are worth investing in if theres many goody islands around, the kayak cost is well worth the potential of getting free techs.

Why was Fire Pit moved to Fire Making? Apart from the national wonder giving fire pits in every city one can not not build fire pits at all as Fire Making also enables Bonfire which replaces Fire Pit.

Cheers

Edit: Seems it is set right in Hydro's buildings (why is Firepit duplicated there) but the copy in XML/Buildings is set to Fire Making.

Rafts/Canoes are useful for making shortcuts for units within or close to your cultural border; this is highly situational but should happen enough to warrant their existence and usefulness as they are. Kayaks are worth investing in if theres many goody islands around, the kayak cost is well worth the potential of getting free techs.

Not arguing that Rafts are useless... just that there's no point to making them a limited unit.

Not arguing that Rafts are useless... just that there's no point to making them a limited unit.
I was tired when I posted, my bad, seems like I rambled to myself without a good reason for doing so in the first place. On the matter of their missing national limits; I agree with you TB, no need.

I have circumnavigated the globe with the 5 rafts no problem. I would have done it sooner if they were unlimited.

edit even though they are recon they don't get exp from Great Hunters.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ It actually use the white path, not the green. View attachment 390035
bug pathing.jpg

Edit: Babylons workers in ancient era have invisible bodies (2 floating heads).

I have circumnavigated the globe with the 5 rafts no problem. I would have done it sooner if they were unlimited.

Then amend them so that they can't enter foreign culture or ocean squares. That should be enough for almost any map.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ It actually use the white path, not the green.

I thought I had fixed that when I removed the defensive bonus and increased the movement cost on coral a few updates ago.

Then amend them so that they can't enter foreign culture or ocean squares. That should be enough for almost any map.

They, rafts, can't enter foreign culture. Kayaks can.

They, rafts, can't enter foreign culture. Kayaks can.

So how did you circumnavigate the globe with rafts, if they can't enter foreign culture and can't cross oceans?

Top Bottom