Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Actually, thinking on this... if you have free units enough to cover a rogue or ambusher the extra amount won't apply there either.

I remember it was working otherwise in the past: the cost was always there.
And my limit is just 18 units. When I have 19 units like now (Two ambushers included), I pay just 1 gold, so the ambushers are treated exactly like all other units.

This report from my wife is for you I believe DH:

Hunting units require Master Hunter buildings.

However, they become incapable of being built once you've built the Master Hunter Tradition because the Master Hunter Tradition replaces them all. My previous code would've fixed this but I still need to sort out how to get that functioning properly without a major game delay in its operation. In the meantime, I suppose this means that ALL hunter units and anything else requiring the Master Hunter needs to add an OR building requirement of the Master Hunter Tradition building. I'm not 100% sure on buildings what the best way to assign that tag would be... <buildcondition> perhaps? Placing both prereqs into an <Or> statement? I'd fix this up now but since I'm not sure, I'll put it out here first.

I remember it was working otherwise in the past: the cost was always there.
And my limit is just 18 units. When I have 19 units like now (Two ambushers included), I pay just 1 gold, so the ambushers are treated exactly like all other units.

I did make a change at some point that would account for that.

Which map style are you playing on?? # of civs??

SVN 8119. No Barb civs, no revolutions.

Standard size (SEM+) - 26 civs. Can play to start of Industrial.

Currently playing small size - 5 civs Perfectworld2f. I have just started the modern age.

This report from my wife is for you I believe DH:

Hunting units require Master Hunter buildings.

However, they become incapable of being built once you've built the Master Hunter Tradition because the Master Hunter Tradition replaces them all. My previous code would've fixed this but I still need to sort out how to get that functioning properly without a major game delay in its operation. In the meantime, I suppose this means that ALL hunter units and anything else requiring the Master Hunter needs to add an OR building requirement of the Master Hunter Tradition building. I'm not 100% sure on buildings what the best way to assign that tag would be... <buildcondition> perhaps? Placing both prereqs into an <Or> statement? I'd fix this up now but since I'm not sure, I'll put it out here first.

I don't know which version you are talking about but I build that national wonder and then I can build hunter units anywhere. At least I think I can. It is the whole point of that wonder. I'll check with the new game I just started.

edit yes with that wonder I can build hunters with the first hunting promotion in every city. The Master Hunter Tradition national wonder gives a building that is a combination of the hunting lodge and the hunting tradition building.

I don't know which version you are talking about but I build that national wonder and then I can build hunter units anywhere. At least I think I can. It is the whole point of that wonder. I'll check with the new game I just started.

edit yes with that wonder I can build hunters with the first hunting promotion in every city. The Master Hunter Tradition national wonder gives a building that is a combination of the hunting lodge and the hunting tradition building.

I just looked a little deeper and apparently the problem was specifically with the Warden - he hadn't the same building prereqs as a Ranger, which was setup to be ok with both buildings as a potential prereq. My apologies for assuming it would apply to all hunter units.

I just looked a little deeper and apparently the problem was specifically with the Warden - he hadn't the same building prereqs as a Ranger, which was setup to be ok with both buildings as a potential prereq. My apologies for assuming it would apply to all hunter units.

Ah, of course! The Warden was not one of mine so it was in a different file and got missed. I never noticed:blush:.

btw I discovered that it was the raven that was crossing oceans. It too was in a different file and got missed when I was updating the birds.

i think i make my report from scratch

windows 7 32bit, 4 gb ram, 3GB switch applied
civ4bts installation that not changed since buying it :))) but i reinstalled it to be sure.
latest svn checkout.
game start to main screen (2 mins, sata drive) i choose single player and then play now
i tested arboaria, smart map, perfect world, continents and 7 civs and standart size, snail speed - with same result.
i tried custom game with only me, standart size and "no revolutions" \ "no barb civs" options turned ON with same result , so then i press start , after long wait i see blink of game screen with fog of war and even units and then CTD without errors on screen and in logs.

also i looked at assets/cache folder and see only Cache.dat 4 byte file.. internal caching turned off? cache dont created under win 7 64bit and under wine (ubuntu 32 bit) but i can play on that systems..

under win7 32bit game take up to 800 mb ram (before it crash)
on win7 64bit it take to 1200 mb ram and i can play (and ram use grow to :) )
on wine....i see some sort of miracle game started fine with 450+\- mb....
and it working fast..much faster then on windows..i like to make some sort of tutorial for people that like to play but having problem \ ram issues.. if you approve :)

Ah, of course! The Warden was not one of mine so it was in a different file and got missed. I never noticed:blush:.

btw I discovered that it was the raven that was crossing oceans. It too was in a different file and got missed when I was updating the birds.
Glad to hear the bird got worked out too :D

i think i make my report from scratch

windows 7 32bit, 4 gb ram
civ4bts installation that not changed since buying it :))) but i reinstalled it to be sure.
latest svn checkout.
game start to main screen (2 mins, sata drive) i choose single player and then play now
i tested arboaria, smart map, perfect world, continents and 7 civs and standart size, snail speed - with same result.
i tried custom game with only me, standart size and "no revolutions" \ "no barb civs" options turned ON with same result , so then i press start , after long wait i see blink of game screen with fog of war and even units and then CTD without errors on screen and in logs.

also i looked at assets/cache folder and see only Cache.dat 4 byte file.. internal caching turned off? cache dont created under win 7 64bit and under wine (ubuntu 32 bit) but i can play on that systems..

under win7 32bit game take up to 800 mb ram (before it crash)
on win7 64bit it take to 1200 mb ram and i can play (and ram use grow to :) )
on wine....i see some sort of miracle game started fine with 450+\- mb....
and it working fast..much faster then on windows..i like to make some sort of tutorial for people that like to play but having problem \ ram issues.. if you approve :)
A 3GB switch would probably be useful for any 32 bit system and I think there were instructions specifically for the Win7 version on that but I'm not sure.

3GB switch applied
from all tests - i somehow got tiny map (arboria) with only me - all other settings crash...

Today I updated to version 8138 (from svn 8120). I started a new game and after researching Oral Tradition I noticed that subdued (Haast's) eagles no longer build the myth of the phoenix. My subdued Siberian Tiger couldn't build the myth of the tiger.

So I entered the World Builder for some testing and noticed that bears miss their button for the myth of the bear. Subdued water buffaloes, bisons, llamas and elephants can not build their corresponding herd.

Is it a bug, is it intentional or am I missing something here?

I checked both in civilopedia and in wb - there is no missing icons (pink buttons) for now.

Thanks Sparth, but what I meant is that there's no button at all. I do not have the option to build the herds for example. There's no icon at all, not even a pink button.

I can build the kangaroo herd for example, its button is there as always, but that same button is simply missing for deer, bison, buffalo etc.

Today I updated to version 8138 (from svn 8120). I started a new game and after researching Oral Tradition I noticed that subdued (Haast's) eagles no longer build the myth of the phoenix. My subdued Siberian Tiger couldn't build the myth of the tiger.

So I entered the World Builder for some testing and noticed that bears miss their button for the myth of the bear. Subdued water buffaloes, bisons, llamas and elephants can not build their corresponding herd.

Is it a bug, is it intentional or am I missing something here?

It is a bug, if you run without Size Matters they all can build their respective buildings again. It is a few animals that miss them, horses and donkeys too, among others. They can not even build the generic Governer's Menargeries or Animal Standard.

I am sure the crew have noticed this and are on it as it is a rather big one.

Cheers

It is a bug, if you run without Size Matters they all can build their respective buildings again. It is a few animals that miss them, horses and donkeys too, among others. They can not even build the generic Governer's Menargeries or Animal Standard.

Cheers

Thanks, BlueGenie :goodjob:, I couldn't find any report on this issue so I thought one of my updates had failed.

Time to start a new game again :).

Cheers
I fixed a bug similar to this a while back for Size Matters but I can see it being an extension of the same sort of bug for Size Matters Uncut. SM should be fine on that - I wasn't aware I had a problem there with SMU but I can see why it may be the case and it goes along the same lines as the work boat problem there too which is on the immediate 'to fix' list (which I should be addressing within the week I hope.) Thanks for bringing this up.

I'm not a fan of Uncut... I did this for SO and anyone else who complains that SM changes base unit strengths from the original game. It hasn't had a lot of testing yet so I wasn't aware of some of these issues.

I fixed a bug similar to this a while back for Size Matters but I can see it being an extension of the same sort of bug for Size Matters Uncut. SM should be fine on that - I wasn't aware I had a problem there with SMU but I can see why it may be the case and it goes along the same lines as the work boat problem there too which is on the immediate 'to fix' list (which I should be addressing within the week I hope.) Thanks for bringing this up.

I'm not a fan of Uncut... I did this for SO and anyone else who complains that SM changes base unit strengths from the original game. It hasn't had a lot of testing yet so I wasn't aware of some of these issues.

Unfortunately it seems to be caused by Size Matters (not SMU). I was using the Size Matters option before. After starting a new game without it, all building options for subdued animals have returned.

Unfortunately it seems to be caused by Size Matters (not SMU). I was using the Size Matters option before. After starting a new game without it, all building options for subdued animals have returned.
Hmm.. thanks for letting me know. How something fixed has become unfixed is beyond me but I'll look into it.

Thanks Sparth, but what I meant is that there's no button at all. I do not have the option to build the herds for example. There's no icon at all, not even a pink button.

I can build the kangaroo herd for example, its button is there as always, but that same button is simply missing for deer, bison, buffalo etc.

Ok I understand now. But we must wait for DH. Myths are his field.

Top Bottom