Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Yeah i had tried that before you so kindly sent me that save back, pfft. Maybe I'll just do it again, why not?

My "agent" cant enter enemy city?? if u need save let me know??

Attachments

• spy.JPG
    spy.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 75
You had another issue as well... I might advise to get a fresh SVN repository setup.
I updated yesterday from 9750 to 9753 and I had the exact same problem as CIVILNATER shows. I have a similar screenshot as well.

On the main screen it was showing up like SO's problem (screenshot) a day or so ago.

I reverted to 9750 and the problem went away of course. And since I have not had Internet for the past 24+ hrs I could not see which version between 9750 and 9753 inclusive is causing this problem. (I just got it back from the outage.)

Also the screen shot SO was asking about and you replied to was the greater gold symbols did not appear with my 9753 Update.

My game on Normal GS was started with 9731.

One final note somewhere along the line research (and I suspect the New Option No Tech advantage for human player is the culprit as i have it On) is now way off on Normal for the Player. I am currently at 956AD and am still in the Ancient era. The math used for this new Option has created a new base for research. Somewhere somehow it has almost doubled the players research rate. None of the values in GSInfos (from what I can see) have been changed. Yet the research rate has doubled. Note I do not have Tech Diffusion Nor WFL On in this game. Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

I reverted to 9750 and the problem went away of course. And since I have not had Internet for the past 24+ hrs I could not see which version between 9750 and 9753 inclusive is causing this problem. (I just got it back from the outage.)
Thanks for confirming there is an issue for some. You won't see a Greater Gold symbol and amount if you don't have any, which is right that you don't. As for what's going on with the city screen... probably something else wrong with the python. @Toffer90 : Did you solve the thing we were talking about earlier and could that or any other python change I made be causing any of this in your assessment?

One final note somewhere along the line research (and I suspect the New Option No Tech advantage for human player is the culprit as i have it On) is now way off on Normal for the Player. I am currently at 956AD and am still in the Ancient era. The math used for this new Option has created a new base for research. Somewhere somehow it has almost doubled the players research rate. None of the values in GSInfos (from what I can see) have been changed. Yet the research rate has doubled. Note I do not have Tech Diffusion Nor WFL On in this game.
I'll review the code but it should only have turned off any additional research income from potential tech diffusion or win for losing. IRC, it doesn't do it by adjusting the math but rather by cutting off the activity of adding the amounts coming in from the options specifically.

I'll review the code but it should only have turned off any additional research income from potential tech diffusion or win for losing. IRC, it doesn't do it by adjusting the math but rather by cutting off the activity of adding the amounts coming in from the options specifically.
Well neither of those Options are On in this game.

I'm in the process of exporting svn 9752 to test if it subverts the play from 9750 like 9753 does.

9753 breaks this 9750 save game, of which the game was started from 9731.

Also additional info. With the update to 9753 on the Main screen Upper left,Gold per turn and Era displays disappeared. Also on the upper Right the display was reduced to just turn number and what is displayed to the right of it. No amount of working with the display for Era, clock, turn, etc., in the Clock Tab of BUG would correct this display error.

Last edited:
As for what's going on with the city screen... probably something else wrong with the python. @Toffer90 : Did you solve the thing we were talking about earlier and could that or any other python change I made be causing any of this in your assessment?
Yes, I solved the J_Mods python error.
I don't see anything obviously wrong in your python changes to CvMainInterface ( the file that would be the likely culprit in this case ) but...
something might be going wrong when CvMainInterface is calling this function:
CyGameTextMgr().getGoldStr(ePlayer)
That line is called if the player has turned off the "gold rate warning" BUG option.

Did you make any changes to what that function might return?
It could be formatted wrong and the exe fails to create the gold text label that is fed the string that that function returns.

have this python error" got it when this unit (see pic) was built) sateille

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 245, in onUnitBuilt
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 449, in getUnitNameConvFromIniFile
File "BugCore", line 147, in get
File "BugCore", line 118, in _getOption
ConfigError: Option UnitNaming__Combat_SPACE_WORKER not found in mod UnitNaming

also this just started coming back again???

[44077.531] info type 'ATTACHABLE_CHIMNEYSMOKE' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Natural_Wonders\Reef_Shark_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml
[44295.281] info type 'ATTACHABLE_CHIMNEYSMOKE' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Natural_Wonders\Reef_Shark_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml

Attachments

• sat.JPG
    sat.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 69
have this python error"

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 245, in onUnitBuilt
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 449, in getUnitNameConvFromIniFile
File "BugCore", line 147, in get
File "BugCore", line 118, in _getOption
ConfigError: Option UnitNaming__Combat_SPACE_WORKER not found in mod UnitNaming
Looks like pepper added new unit combat types without adding them to the UnitNaming config file which is needed for advanced unit naming to work properly.

Last edited:
Looks like pepper added new unit combat types without adding them to the UnitNaming config file which is needed for advanced unit naming to work properly.
Might be related to the new spawnInfo tags TB added.
yeppers that it :

also that second one is in the missing xml area . .

Indeed I did. Perhaps I can figure this one out, but it will be at least two days before I have the time.

Indeed I did. Perhaps I can figure this one out, but it will be at least two days before I have the time.
It's not too dificult, there are some xml entries you need to add to:
\Assets\XML\Text\BUG_CIV4GameText.xml
\Assets\Config\Unit Naming.xml

I think TB laid out the procedure of how to add more combat types in the combat mod guide thread opening post.

Might be related to the new spawnInfo tags TB added.
The relativity I think it could possibly be would be that the module may need an updated schema.
Yes, I solved the J_Mods python error.
I don't see anything obviously wrong in your python changes to CvMainInterface ( the file that would be the likely culprit in this case ) but...
something might be going wrong when CvMainInterface is calling this function:
CyGameTextMgr().getGoldStr(ePlayer)
That line is called if the player has turned off the "gold rate warning" BUG option.

Did you make any changes to what that function might return?
It could be formatted wrong and the exe fails to create the gold text label that is fed the string that that function returns.
I'm not sure how that could be formatted 'wrong' and I've seen it format correctly on both with and without greater gold, though perhaps not IN the city. That might be it. I might not be using 'IF' correctly there? I wouldn't know if that was the case. I don't THINK I'm doing it wrong and therein lies the problem with me debugging it ;)

There was also a spot I was trying to correct the white spaces on because the program I was using did NOT like the way it used both tabs and spaces and that MIGHT be where there is a situation. It wouldn't successfully test run without fixing it. I might have messed up the intended indentation on a line there. I'll have to probably use a compare to look at that closer.

Does these problems appear while using my interface overhaul modmod?

Nope not using it on this game.

Svn 9752 plays very much like 9750, no noted problems. Except the date I achieved Classical Era in this Normal GS was 1026AD. 3000 game years too late. And No change to GS done by me to account for this. Only the New Option No Tech advantages for player (or whatever it's real title is) used, ie On.

Will now retest svn 9753.

Except the date I achieved Classical Era in this Normal GS was 1026AD.

I'm also getting unrealistic dates for reaching era gateways, but in the other direction (too early) running at SVN 9734 and 9751.

I ran 2 different games up to Sedentary Lifestyle, first at SVN level 9734 (to get new "No Tech Handicaps for Humans" option) and then at 9751 (with SVN changes to GameSpeedInfo values). Other key speed-impacting options: Win For Losing “On”, No Tech Diffusion “Off”, No Tech Trading and No Tech Brokering both “On”, Beeline Sting “Off”, Upscaled Building and Unit Costs “On”. More set-up details in 7-Zip attachment (spreadsheet and matching PDF). Saves available at start-up and Sedentary Lifestyle.

Results:
1) At SVN 9734, the "No Traits" Leader reached Sedentary Lifestyle at turn 388 in 5,505 BC (10 techs behind leading AI). Financial Leader reached faster at turn 333 in 8,394 BC (5 techs behind leading AI).
2) At SVN 9751, the "No Traits" Leader reached Sedentary Lifestyle at turn 349 in 6,122 BC (2 techs behind leading AI). Financial Leader reached about the same time at turn 348 in 6,264 BC (1 tech ahead of leading AI).

Observations and Other Notes
1) All 4 tests reached Sedentary Lifestyle at calendar dates in the range of 5000 to 7000 years too early.
2) Technology learning and building was slow at the start of the era (around 6 turns, due I think to Upscaled Building Costs delaying the construction of science-generating and gold-generating buildings). However by era end most technologies and buildings were taking only 2 to 4 turns (I think due to the high-impact science and gold buildings having already been finished, and to my spending more time on hunting due to slow building speeds).
3) With "No Tech handicaps for Humans", I still occasionally saw 1 beaker as coming from WFL/TD, but assume this is just due to rounding being applied at different places in the calculations.

Attachments

• C2C Gamespeed Analysis Comparing SVN 9734 to 9751.7z
    143.6 KB · Views: 31
[44077.531] info type 'ATTACHABLE_CHIMNEYSMOKE' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Natural_Wonders\Reef_Shark_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml
[44295.281] info type 'ATTACHABLE_CHIMNEYSMOKE' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Natural_Wonders\Reef_Shark_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml
Still gotta check this out...

@Toffer90 : thanks for looking into things. You certainly pointed to the right file. Had a few errors there.

From a save game in the Industrial era. Here is a list of resources that have no icon and are displayed in a larger font size. I am referring to the City screen resource box.

Barrels
Drugs
Firecrackers
Hats
Kerosene
Lithium
Manganese
Milk
Nets
Saddles
Sausage
Sculptures