Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

@Shoobs: Haha, indeed it is, just to make matters more clear it even requires the description of an outcrop.
There are many versions of the outcrop feature and I suspect many of them don't have a unique name, just point to the same name, namely "Outcrop".
One of the outcrop features might even point to wrong text entry for its name, hence the description.

@Shoobs: Haha, indeed it is, just to make matters more clear it even requires the description of an outcrop.
There are many versions of the outcrop feature and I suspect many of them don't have a unique name, just point to the same name, namely "Outcrop".
One of the outcrop features might even point to wrong text entry for its name, hence the description.

I've noticed that, I just wanted to go "HUH!" since I don't necessarily consider it a bug... just..... wow.

Typo in burial traditions ( fire ), in the description it says "Bun your dead."
Typo in burial traditions ( earth ), "Burry your dead in the ground."
Same in ( caves )
another typo in ( bone ) "After the flesh is removed from the them the bones are sorted and placed in special areas." Them should be flesh.

Something again weird going on in the Capital, i keep getting enemy criminals there each turn and each turn i use my LE and get rid of them but next turn they are back, also, i am building a Battleship, that is to be built next turn then when next turn happens it does NOT appear?? Also if i have any captives in the capital the next turn they are gone also??

Last edited:
Something again weird going on in the Capital, i keep getting enemy criminals there each turn and each turn i use my LE and get rid of them but next turn they are back, also, i am building a Battleship, that is to be built next turn then when next turn happens it does NOT appear?? Also if i have any captives in the capital the next turn they are gone also??
ok, so it looks like you've got a save that narrows in on why we have a problem with ships and captives being lost. good. I'll look into it this weekend.

1) In the upper right section of the city screen there is a black rook symbol that next to it shows the amount of city defense the city benefits from. If you hover over that symbol, you'll see there are a lot of bits of information you can find nowhere else in the game UI. One of these bits of information is the amount of lurking criminals.

After arresting the two criminals that are there in the capital and spending a round, you didn't spawn any more (there's no crime to enable that) but you must've been pretty out of control at one point because there are still 6 lurking criminals there after the round end. This could also be from enemies sending criminals in... they can use those railroads to go pretty much wherever they wish.

You're on the right track to getting them all though so that's the good news. Keep tracking how many are there (seen or not) through the defense help hover and you'll be able to maintain your sanity or at least know for sure if there is some kind of crazy bug afoot.

2) The battleship died. I get why this was an issue... you'd probably never been able to have your naval units attacked in your city by other naval units before. This is kinda a new thing and I'm not sure if it should be kept this way or not but it has to do with preparations for navies to eventually become hovering/diving/space units. The battleship was attacked by a Heavy Cruiser and did admirably there, killing the Heavy Cruiser. It was then so weakened that the Missile Cruiser that followed up with another attack easily took it out. The Missile Cruiser could not then enter the city but you'll see it right outside the city.

This was diagnosed by simply reading the combat log, which any player can do ingame by pulling up the message logs and looking under the combat tab, where it gives a round by round summary of ALL your combats, in order from now back, I was a little surprised you didn't get an actual message about the unit being killed in combat but that must have something to do with some message option settings.

Now... all that said, there ARE a few interesting issues of some concern here that I'll want to look into with Spirictum when he gets the opportunity.

Are barbarian rangers supposed to exist before any of the civilizations has hit bronze working? This is the year 4646 BC.

Are barbarian rangers supposed to exist before any of the civilizations has hit bronze working? This is the year 4646 BC.
Barb Spawns are currently based on the years. An upcoming project will attempt to make it more based on the cutting edge tech level or something similar.

All barbarian units are supposed to be based on the technology of the leading nation, so if the leading nation can have them then so can the barbarians.

All barbarian units are supposed to be based on the technology of the leading nation, so if the leading nation can have them then so can the barbarians.

That is not happening. I am in Transhuman Era (already won the game - just checking what comes next) - with Modern Infantry. The barbs. I see spawning are at least 2 or 3 era's behind.

So is it the leading nation or the leading AI nation?

That is not happening. I am in Transhuman Era (already won the game - just checking what comes next) - with Modern Infantry. The barbs. I see spawning are at least 2 or 3 era's behind.

So is it the leading nation or the leading AI nation?
It's neither. What Barbs can train in their cities is limited to the Barbarian Civ's tech level which is based on leading tech levels in the game but what they spawn is based on assumed tech levels by the date itself (which is wrong but the best way we had to get some good barb spawns running for v37.)

So where are the barbarians coming from when there are no barb cities on the continent, esp before Tribalism which is when barbs start to get cities?

So where are the barbarians coming from when there are no barb cities on the continent, esp before Tribalism which is when barbs start to get cities?
They are spawns which represent smaller groups of outcasts and those who left their communities, usually in objection to local leadership.

Question - why can't I build an Observatory in Kerkouane? (it has two peaks around it, and hills too...) Other cities are capable of building observatories, but not that one, for some reason...

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.4 MB · Views: 47
Question - why can't I build an Observatory in Kerkouane? (it has two peaks around it, and hills too...) Other cities are capable of building observatories, but not that one, for some reason...

Took some digging, but your Air Pollution is over 1000 which triggers "Blackened Skies" which turns off many buildings including Observatory. Kerkouane's Air Pollution is at 1024.

Get Air Pollution Under 1000 and you can build the Observatory. This may mean that you will need to get rid of some Air Polluting buildings in that city.

EDIT: This is all listed in the Sevopedia under Observatory Oleh Lunin. ;)

JosEPh

Last edited:
Took some digging, but your Air Pollution is over 1000 which triggers "Blackened Skies" which turns off many buildings including Observatory. Kerkouane's Air Pollution is at 1024.

Get Air Pollution Under 1000 and you can build the Observatory. This may mean that you will need to get rid of some Air Polluting buildings in that city.

JosEPh
Excellent analysis work! Thanks!

One of the most recent SVN's, Size Matters. I had one Quality Up-promoted Great Hunter unit (the earliest one). After upgrade to the second one, it lost Quality Up (I gave it back using WB). Bug or feature?

@TB,

ok disappearing Battleship again, this time i am NOT at war with anyone, and at the present no criminals in city, but next turn poof gone
I'll look at it as soon as I can.

One of the most recent SVN's, Size Matters. I had one Quality Up-promoted Great Hunter unit (the earliest one). After upgrade to the second one, it lost Quality Up (I gave it back using WB). Bug or feature?
Hard to say. You may have been at a point where it capped out. There is a quality upper limit and that sounds like it may have been approaching it. Strange things can happen at that point. I'd have to see the save and what happened in process.

Top Bottom