1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

cool... should be able to use this thanks!

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is an error in the P2K_CIV4GameInfoSchema file. The tag Civ4IdeaClassInfos is defined twice. I am not sure which one should go as they are the same and I am not sure if order is important. @TB ???

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

One should be Civ4IdeaInfos rather than Idea Class. You can get rid of it for now .

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

BtW that schema is the same as the one in core.

I'll be posting the fixes soonish but there are some deeper ones still to come.

I think we have had trouble with route definition in modules before but I can't remember. I need to do a few tests eg define it in code with Future Tech as its requirement then amend that to the correct value in the mod so that it works for people who use the mod and those that don't.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

One more mini, different area for ctd

EDIT< another one, again different place and renamed mini with a .1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Suboptimal AI behaviour:

The Persian city of Susa has 3 decent defense units. Then suddenly the AI sends those away, leaving the city defended by only a pack mule:

citydefense1.jpg

This allows me to destroy the city easily:

citydefense2.jpg

citydefense3.jpg
    A few turns ago, it did the same thing (moving the defense stack southwest, allowing me to kill one unit, then the AI withdrew the same stack back to Susa again.

There may be a connection with me attacking and destroying some of his other cities with my doomstack. N.B. First picture shows the AI missions using the Chipotle/CTRL-key option.

7. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Also, the Neanderthal civ has red borders on the map but has a grey name in the scoreboard.

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Dancing Hoskuld : The problem with the schema on the ideas stuff is not causing any issues since it's not implemented further yet (though some planning has recently begun on that in tag terms which is exciting.) So it will need to be corrected moving forward but whatever you choose to do with it now isn't going to be problematic.

@strategyonly
    This should be very helpful. Thank you. I'm sorry for all these... I have to wonder if some graphics issues are related but I also will take a good look here. I've been really hoping to track down the deeper bugs that were causing some of this stuff. It's my prime focus at the moment and a project of some required patience. But it would feel good to know they've been resolved, if I can.

Great reporting! The images are very helpful to figuring out the source of the problem. Unfortunately it'll be a bit before the AI flaws come into focus to resolve... not too long though since they are definitely a pre-release thing to address. This one is particularly frustrating because it may require some very seriously deep evaluations to find the issue and could take some months to resolve.

But you've definitely done your part to turn on Chipotle and show the unit AIs and Player strategy settings. Awesome! That may speed things up some.

Noted. I'll get to it in time but if someone wants to jump on that earlier, I sure like the red... would be neat if the scoreboard name aligned to the border color. Either that or get them to be more of a dark brown all 'round so they are hard to tell from the NPC neanderthals, which could be thematically cool.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

As all minis do, this one has the potential for some misdiagnosis. I've attempted resolution of one possible cause for the problem. The other possible cause is that we may have the spawn rates set a little high for the game you're in. It looks like things went a little out in left field as soon as an NPC player tried to spawn there so it's possible we hit an overflow on selection group ids for that player. Said player was the Passive Animals. Has there been a LOT of them in this game?

EDIT: Interestingly enough, all of your mini's point to the same place in the code and the same thing happening.

So this means it's possible that my 'fix' may correct this in general. It also may mean your game simply has a problem with having spawned too many passive animals. That can be addressed in a number of ways and could just be a symptom of an imbalance or a failure of the AI to clean them up much.

How far into the game are you at this point?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  10. strategyonly

Yeah animals are coming out of the woodwork, every time i kill one 2/3 more pop-up

i am only just started this fame in the Medieval era . . .

11. strategyonly

Latest SVN has to fatal error in the dll:

Unit with NULL group ID in call to CvPlayer::updateGroupCycle

Unit with NULL group in stack call to CvPlayer::updateGroupCycle

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

OK, back out of it then. Apparently it was functioning as designed and I was right with the previous assertion, that you've just had too many animal spawns. I'll revert this test change tonight.

Do you mean you started the game in the medieval era or that you're as far in as the medieval era?

13. strategyonly

In the med era now . .. i always start in the PreH era . . .

EDIT: Infact i am only in the Classical Era, brain farty / / /

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Knowing some other settings may be helpful... what animal options are you running? What game speed? Map size?

15. strategyonly

I just looked and see pic, also, i have noticed that "some" of the 2-3 movement units are only moving 1 space and then the game goes to the next unit, it never used to do that, it always stayed on that unit TILL the unit movement was done/overwith (moved all unit movements avail to that unit).

Attached Files:

• sett.JPG
      sett.JPG
      File size:
      101.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks! Not sure what to tell you about the movement issue there. I assume you're referring to automated units?

17. strategyonly

yeah, infact in the pic here, i have the horseman units , (5 of them) , i used to be able to click on them in the formation and it would go from one unit to the next automatically, NOW i have to DEselected each unit and do it individually to attack otherwise it moved to a different unit someplace else in my civ. . .

Attached Files:

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What do you mean by this? Are you saying stack attack isn't working?

19. strategyonly

that and any movement more than 1 is not working . (when attacking).

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't understand what you mean by movement more than 1 isn't working. Are you ordering a 3 space move but the unit is only taking one space move and then stopping or what?

Are you using the bug stack attack option, the main game stack attack option, neither or both?